Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭suvigirl

'have been claimed to have been made ' 🙄🙄 well that's damning.

And gardai are there because of the threat of protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Indeed. It's presented time and time again in this thread as if asylum seekers and refugees are not part of "the community" - the reality us they are very much part of all communities in Ireland but those who want exclude them from "the community" present a sanitised homogenised view of what "the community" is.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

🤣🤣🤣

Yeah yeah. Like the fake sexual assault in Dungarvan that never happened.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

You were there ya? The Gardai I saw wern't at the protest. They were questioning two chaps further down the Balybane road at the bus stop and the gentlemen in question didn't look one bit cooperative.

Claims are just that, I'm sure the Gardai involved would love to know they don't have to follow up claims anymore according to yourself.

While you are at it ya might aswell tell the local factories they are waisting their money arranging taxis for their employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭minimary

What Tesco is local to Ballybrit? Wouldn't the nearest one would be like an hours walk away in headford?

Edit: I'm wrong looked it up and one opened recently in Ballybrit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭sonar44

It's just a discussion. Something more important is bound to come along.

To answer your questions...The Tesco in the old kumarket. No you are incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Ah jayse do I have to post links of

Mattie shouting now to 'prove my point'?

I have a few... 🤣

They are wasting their money, what's the motivation?

same as the extra patrols you speak about, there's a chance of trouble because of protestors.

Why do you think there are gardai at these 'peaceful protests ' ? If there were no protestors, there wouldn't be extra gardai.

Bless. There's many an Irish man moved 100 miles in Ireland for work or love and wasn't considered part of "the community" for donkey's years, if ever.

• Advertisement

And ' have been claimed to have been made'

Is one way of suggesting something without any evidence whatsoever

The Gardai I witnessed questioning the 2 chaps aren't policing the protest and the protesters I saw were getting plenty of support from passing motorists without a Garda in sight. No trouble there it seems.

Ah excellent insight about the factories, im sure their HR departments will be looking forward to your email to tell them they are waisting their money.

But you know all this because you were there this evening right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Its going to be interesting when they move more of them into the appartments in Doughiska, I can see there being some push back by the locals when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Wasting money.

Hmmm, maybe people don't want to walk past protestors, can be intimidating I know from one that happened near us.

People getting angry with joe soaps going about their business and not getting involved in the shouting etc.

Nothing remotely peaceful about it.

Were you protesting?

No a passing motorist and witnessed all this on my way home this evening in just a 200 yard stretch. Excellent that's 2 emails the HR departments can expect in the morning telling them they are waisting their money looking after their employees welfare with this new policy.

Gardai speak to many people for many different reasons, a lot of time they're having the chats. Extra gardai in the area equals paying extra attention to the area. Because there are protests.

Why are the factories paying for taxis do you think? Did everyone walk to work before?

Exactly, and it's perfectly reasonable to be uncooperative and defintley not related in any way to any of these stalking or sexual harassment claims over the weekend that just happened to occur after this centre was opened.

It must be all these middle aged women holding banners and getting support from passing motorists honking their horn that has the Gardai and factories spooked.

But you were there this evening and saw all this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,117 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EU fined Ireland over lack of Refugee accommodation

Are you suggesting that those two individuals are suspects in some sexual assaults that , someone may have suggested that maybe someone claimed something happened somewhere.......

You didn't say why they are paying for taxis??

give it a break, it's clearly obvious you're just trying to stir things up by sort of suggesting that asylum seekers are criminals.

No fines for kicking old people out of nursing homes, thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This Afghan guy Alifaisal Azim who came to Ireland and of course got refugee status then off he went to Canada where he sexually assaulted a woman and now the Canadians are sending him back to us instead of back where he belongs in his own country.

Helen MacEntee should do her job for once when this guy arrives and send him back to his own country.

You won't see RTE or VM1 reporting on this case.

Posting what I witnessed this evening. Of course you were there to refute this right, and to make that claim that I'm just here to stir things up ?

You have already sent that email to Boston Scientifics HR department that they are waisting their money with this new policy of booking taxis for staff at the end of their shift right?

And that other email to the Gardai that they shouldn't be following up on these claims made this weekend and should be focusing on this protest that is compromised of workers and residents who are bothering you right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

You can sing that , a saying in many parts of rural Ireland

“ until you can claim three generations in the local graveyard, you are still a blow in “

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Not too many “ locals “ left in Doughiska”

incredibly high percentage of foreign born folks

I don't need to email gardai thks.

the claims were made now? Cos earlier you said there was maybe someone that said a claim might have been made maybe.......🙄

posting that you saw two gardai speaking to two men.....wow! Happens everyday, but you insinuated that it had something to do with the non existent crimes that weren't reported.

Now, why are the factories paying for taxis?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

He'd most likely be picked up at the airport in a luxury car and chauffeured to his new house or apartment.

The funny thing even though it's not funny is that it would actually happen 😮

Did you witness some sexual assaults? You are stirring it up posting rumours and innuendo that the guards questioned someone therefore sexual assaults happened. We have seen all these fake stories before in Dungarvan and Finglas and Kinnegad.

Terry Pratchet

But I didn't say this did I. I posted I saw two gentlemen being questioned and being uncooperative with the Gardai.You insinuated the Gardai were there for the protest but that isn't the case. I've posted that there have been claims of a sexual assualt and stalking over the weekend and you said the Gardai shouldn't be following this up. I posted that the the nearby factory has a new policy of booking taxis for workers that would normally walk home at the end of their shift and you claim they are waisting their money.

I know you want to believe this is all made up and it's just a coincidence and it's all those protestors fault. The Factories are just peral clutching, the Gardai should be clamping down on protests and all is fine in Balybrit. The reality is very different on the ground and no amount of posting on this thread with people like yourself is going to change that. But you are here in Galway to refute all this right?

In the meantime we have two more centres to look forward to in Galway to bring home this reality.

• Advertisement

We have seen examples before of made up stories about sexual assaults.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement