Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

The only 'band' apart from occasional Saxophone was a guy on keyboards/laptop etc. I don't think the synth sounds were even sent to separate channels to give some sense of reality. Even a 2 piece pub band sometimes does that. Shocking. Almond was nervous. On another note, research Soft Cell's experience of live performing . . .

Really enjoyed Sophie. OMD very experienced live, especially in last decade plus - their vocals weren't mixed too well but passable.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Chris!

CPL 593H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Last night in.....

......Cardiff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's a bit mad that Coldplay are not playing in Ireland when they are just across the water.

The Croke park concert a few years ago was incredible regardless of what you think of the band. The synchronised arm band lights on everyone, and the perfect songs for jumping around at a stadium. Also the weather was perfect.

I remember someone thew a bottle at one of the members. Maybe that was the final straw.

Also we lifted a guy in a wheelchair up onto the stage to play with Chris Martin. Ah, simpler times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Sure croke park in constant use last few weeks and next weeks and aviva has euro qualifier coming up in a few weeks.

no other suitable venues for them in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Anyone any idea where Pulp are staying in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Advertisement

Bicep playing in the Guinness Store House Wednesday 21st June 2023.

Tickets on sale now on the store house website. 35 of Merkels Euro

Just snagged meself two tickets to the dance there.

Absolutely delighted, this is going to be fricking epic.

Kelis also playing in July but couldn't give a feck about Nas's ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 camanstar

Bob Mould - Solo electric show; The Button Factory Sat Nov 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 40 camanstar

Bob Mould - Solo electric show; The Button Factory Sat Nov 25th

Depeche Mode in Malahide Castle last night. Amazing gig

Next up Blur in the same venue on the 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

"Reach out and touch Dave!"

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Hans Zimmer in the 3 Arena

Awesome as usual

Le Who et orchestre en Paris hier

Iron Maiden at the 3Arena

Something a bit different for today, saw On Earth and Space - Chris Hadfield’s Guide to the Cosmos at Bord Gáis Energy Theatre

• Advertisement

Blur in Malahide Castle last night. Great gig

Next events up are WWE in the 3Arena and The O2 London

Next gig is Def Leppard & Motley Crue in Marlay Park

3Arena Sunday, Mr Gabriel and friends

The "IO" Tour - bit disappointed he did not song that one from Snow White when those dwarves went off to work....😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Next up for me is The Prodigy on Friday night.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Last night in Malahide...

Lyra:

Blondie:

Sting:

...and son

Excellent show.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

@delbertgrady Great pics.

Took me a while to cop Joe Sumner was his son! Songs were a bit middle of the road but nice touch throwing in an Aslan sing.

Lyra certainly made an impression.

I was worried about Blondie having seen TV coverage of Isle of Wight where Debbie Harry's vocals were shaky. But she put on a good show last night.

String was great. Message in a Bottle the standout for me, I liked that he changed it up a little from the original version, and the changes worked well live.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Compared to Glastonbury, Debbie was much better last night, right from the outset. Testament to how great they were was the fact that we didn't get Hanging on the Telephone, Union City Blue or Picture This and it was still killer. I could watch Clem Burke play drums all day.

The relentless barrage of winners from Sting was impressive. At one point, I realised that it felt like he'd barely been on stage and had already played about ten songs. I say this as a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Clem Burke is just amazing, the best! 😀

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sting was class last night , some singing , energy and presence, Blondie were surprisingly good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Anyone planning on picking up tickets for Muse next week?

What are the rules for bringing along an 11 year to that? Do I have to get seated tickets or can I get anything as long as he is with an adult?

Advertisement