Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Closing - Selling stock off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Yup the stock was bounced up on 1000s of items then artificially reduced to 10% off, in some cases items costed pennies a few months ago now back up to full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭markw7

PS5 now with 5% off (€522.50), cheapest in the country at the moment.

Also other new gen stuff - PSVR, oled switch etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

They are clearly not going to discount these much more - they will likely be sold to other resellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I'd say it may go to 10% max cant see em going better than that. Guy in my local game stop said he was surprised they even went 5% that the head office were adamant they wouldn't reduce them but it's some external company handling the closing.

Cheapest I have seen the consoles anyway we'll bar the PS5 since the 50 increase.

Why do all Irish retailers add 15 or more to the switch when you can get it from Nintendo for 350

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭amacca

Went into one in Limerick to see was their much in pre owned ps4 games....not a dickie bird of interest and ridiculous prices imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I was at a local GS yesterday and prices of pre-owned games (with included discount) are often higher than new ones in Smyths. The only thing that caught my eye was PS5 DualSense - priced at 42EUR (if I remember correctly) is similiar price I paid for it around Black Friday at Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭dasa29

I was in the Mullingar GameStop today and most of the stock was 30% off and when I Asked when was the closing date,

I was told Saturday 17th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Hideki99235

Now definitely worth visiting a GameStop store.

Low on stock but you might get lucky.

70% off Ps5, PS4 and Xbox.

50% off switch.

If you are near one pariticpating well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭markw7

PS5 is now 10% off - €495 (online only).

Post edited by markw7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

All stores seem to be at different phases their website is defo not showing those prices what stores ya seeing those discounts in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

Athlone store closing 17 June according to a staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Can't figure out if the PS5 on the website is the disc or digital version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

This is the email I received yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Blanch excluded from the sales? Its not on that advert....

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'd say it's more to do with their final closing date.

Blanch might have a couple of weeks left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Order the PS5 last night. Any idea on delivery times? Nothing mentioned in the confirmation email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

was in Newbridge on Saturday.

50% off all stock. Switch games marked from 59.99 to 29.99. But any game I checked against Smyth were either same price or cheaper in Smyths.

Joke of a shop, no wonder they are going.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Similar story here, went in with the kids and they picked a few switch games, all of which were easily bought cheaper.

We did pick up a few non game items cheaply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BottomBurp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Scrolled through a few game lists online. My god, what a load of crap games at full price. Even the PS5 stuff is much more expensive given there is currently a days of play promotion going on. I did see Hogwarts Legacy for 40 quid on Xbox Series X which is much cheaper than normal. But I can wait until that game is 20 quid. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭feargantae

I think it's such bad form that GameStop haven't published a list of when exactly every store is closing.

Athlone/Killarney are 17/June. Presumably some other stores are around then too. All stores to be closed by the "end" of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Agreed that there isn't much going on in terms of real bargains for the games they are selling off.

I did manage to get a good deal on a mispriced copy of PGA Tour Road to The Masters on PS5 in the Bray store though. Spotted it was priced at €39.99 on the label. Brought it to the counter and scanned at that price with no reduction but when I queried it, the manager applied the 50% discount that was running over the BH weekend. So €20 for a brand new game!

I was in Donaghamede store and they had maybe 100 games on xbox, ps4 and ps5 for 80% off

They were unboxed, so you only got the game and a sleeve.

Many bad games, but a few like Ratchet and Clank, Call of duty and Assassins creed working out for under €10.

Also, COD MW2 on ps4 was working out at €20 and it has a free upgrade to ps5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Spn744

Sligo GameStop is closing tomorrow (09/06)

I was in there today all Xbox and PlayStation games were 70% off and switch 50%, some great bargains to be fair, traded the majority to CEX for a voucher. Spent €60 and got nearly double for it! Just scanned off the CEX app. Will be interesting to see final reductions tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Ordered mine yesterday and showed up this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

buhbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Not much good in my local yet. Waiting to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I wasn't aware GameStop was closing down and leaving. I dropped into Blanchardstown today to buy COD WWII but picked up COD MW by mistake. Realised it when I got home and went back in to swap. The game was unopened, less than 2 hours after purchase and I was looking to exchange it AND buy another 2 games while there. The lad at the till had calculated the difference in what I owed and was ready to proceed, but the manager refused to take the game back. He was a proper arsehole too; a real grumpy fat creep like the comic store owner from the Simpsons. I couldn't believe how shìtty the customer service was and called it out so everyone could hear it. I had bought 2 PS5 games and a VR2 set less than 2 hours earlier. No wonder they are closing down with service like that.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

website now has countdown timer 9 days till they take it offline

Advertisement