Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four children injured in France knife attack, two in critical condition - **read OP for warnings**

Options
  • 08-06-2023 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TinaTiernan

A video is going around on whatsapp. I urge you to avoid it. I've never come across a more sickening video in my lifetime and I've w. atched some despicable stuff. A woman with a pram in a playground and this dude is running around with a knife and repeatedly stabs a child in the pram.

Mod warnings:

Thread is going completely off topic with tangents irrelevant to the attack in France today. It is also generating a large number of reported posts.

Can we get the thread back on topic and can some posters exercise a bit of cop on please rather than petty point scoring in the wake of the horrible events today. Thanks

Unless it is shown to be relevant drop references to Islam/Muslims

Threadbans:

easygoing39

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Syrian asylum seeker identified as the attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 51,823 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not checking them out thoroughly at the point of entry coming back to bite them There;s a reason why they destroy their real identity documents. I have no problem with genuine refugees as long as that's what they are.

We have been utterly blessed it hasn't happened here ,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Nothing new, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cultural diversity incident.

One of the most gruesome to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

The BBC are saying that former Liverpool player Anthony Le Tallec witnessed some if it.

That's......pretty random

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Sweet jaysus, what sort of absolute sicko would watch a video of this?

There has to be something nearly as wrong in their heads as there is in the offenders.

Thankfully, they haven't been murdered, as was reported earlier. Hopefully all make a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Jesus it’s just horrible. 2 of the children and 1 adult are in a life threatening condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Absolutely horrific news. Hoping for a full recovery for those poor innocents

Just mind bending stupidity and evil from this sad sack of sh1t . Hope justice will be done .

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

A brother and sister, aged two and three, are the ones who have been seriously injured and are in intensive care, broadcaster BFMTV said.

The perpetrator is a 31-year-old Syrian asylum seeker who carried Swedish identity documents and a Swedish driving license, a police spokesman said.

He entered France legally and was not known to security agencies.

Line Bonnet-Mathis, the prosecutor of Annecy, said a police firearm was used during his detention, and he was slightly injured.

He has had refugee status in Sweden for the last 10 years, she said.

He is married to a Swedish woman and they have a three-year-old child who was born in Sweden, BFMTV reported.

The couple separated eight months ago and his wife has apparently not heard from him for four months.

He and his wife were studying together to be nurses, BFMTV said.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

• Registered Users Posts: 82,507 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sort of destroys the narrative of a few posters above that he was legally there on a legally obtained swedish passport.

What are your responses now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭crusd

So not an asylum seeker, and not an illegal immigrant. Rather someone who seemed to have integrated into Sweden for a number of years before going off the deep end more recently.

Doses on both sides as per usual. You had conservative homophobes who think gay people are disgusting and always giving out about how sick/dangerous they are, (some live on any lgbt thread here) “care” the most about that heinous barbarism in Sligo because they just about hate the Muslims more than the gays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

in 2016, Alan Hawe, a school vice principal, a pillar of society and a thouroughly vetted male, stabbed his 3 sons and his wife to death.

Sometimes people are **** psychopaths, no matter their origin. Turning this incident into an opportunity for race hate diminishes the awful tragedy.

As for actually watching a video of it, cop the fcuk on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I seen some of the footage on Twitter and quickly turned it off. I don’t understand these people, do they go out of their way to be as depraved as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why “cop the fcuk on ?” Just for watching a report of an awful tragedy and you should “cop the fûck on ?” Yeah bury your head in the sand by all means but this is real, this is happening.

guy is a Muslim, a refugee no criminal or psychiatric history. Those are facts.

more facts… The attacker is a Syrian national who was granted refugee status in Sweden 10 years ago but had asked for settled status in France..

refugee status = unreal levels of help, support and financial investment….

but the ‘thanks’…. for that ? Try kill kids with a knife in front of their parents in the country that gave that help.…..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Just reading in Le Point there that he was wearing a cross and shouted< au nom de Jésus > during the attack.

The likes of me?

You're going to have to explain that one im afraid. I have never suggested there should be no checks on anyone. Perhaps you should check those posts I made?

• Advertisement

He can still be an asylum seeker, we've had dozens arriving here to Claim asylum despite already being granted asylum in other EU countries

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Who said he's a Muslim?

Several reports saying he is Christian - wearing a cross and carrying a Christian prayer book.

Terrible terrible event. I hope all the victims survive.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

That's pathetic and what the likes of you want to risk importing into Ireland. No checks, lad reported as being documented in Sweden but wants to be in France. 

He was in Sweden for at least 10 years reportedly. Married a Swede reportedly. He had a Swedish passport, he's not allowed to use the Swedish passport to travel within the EU?

Maybe be was mocking Christians by doing it in their name .

We won't know for a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The attacker - Absolute scum of the earth - the lowest of the low.

France hopefully will wake up to the internal enemy in its midst and do what needs to be done to sort out it’s huge security problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well why are people claiming he is Muslim if we don't the facts

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Do you normally need to be granted asylum when traveling in the EU on a legal Swedish passport

As someone pointed out already. We have had our own home grown psychopaths.

This person was living in Sweden for 10 years and married a Swedish person and had children in Sweden. Having Swedish residence they were legally entitled to go to France. Based on what has been said it is highly likely they had a mental illness of some sort and suffered some sort of psychosis.

Much more rational explanation than "those bloody immigrants are all a bit stabby"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

OMG stabbing a baby in a pram, lock him up in a hole in the ground for life, absolute vile scumbag

Advertisement