Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Alana123

How much notice was given for everyone who got their interview dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevbo91

I'm still waiting on my superintendent chat, it's been about 3 weeks now. How long do you have to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

how long were u waiting from fitness to meeting sgt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevbo91

11days

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimbob89

I’m still waiting on my Sgt meeting day 15 still no call that’s from when I finshed my medical any one know what the hold up could be.the waiting is killing me chopping at the bit to get going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

I was waiting 5 weeks for mine and a month for the medical results. Get comfortable!

Ah Your joking how are people getting them only a week or few days after the medical makes no sense so it does was only chatting to one the lads and he’d his last Thursday and we did the PCT the same day.that’s insane dunno the about getting comfortable it’s though when your in touching distance of it all praying I make the July batch

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DanielMc1903

How long were people waiting to hear after sending in an opticians report after medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 toyforme

Can anyone tell me do you meet with just the sergeant or do you meet both sergeant and a superintendent?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

I have been waiting months for a station meeting! It all depends on how busy the local station is. Passing everything and then having a delay due to laziness of station is awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

How many are in each class?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynch1990

Hi,

I did the interview on the 31st of may. Has anyone received results from batch 12? what's the typical wait period?

Post edited by lynch1990 on

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

Could anyone advise what they go through for the medical and what things you can fail on, are there certain conditions or medicines you can't have etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

About two weeks waiting from start to finish of interview for results . They wait until all interviews are finished .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nishuilleilis

n/a

did anyone do the fitness test recently? How did you find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GerryBoyle

How's longs a piece of string? If you get the answer multiply by atleast 15 and you'll still be nowhere near the answer your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EoghanG23

Anybody in batch 9 still waiting on medical results ? Done my medical at the end of April and still waiting for results. I was hoping to get into the next intake and thought that would be realistic but now I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ken1000

Any WhatsApp groups going for the July intake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 g_or97

Did you get an offer for it and what batch are you? Have my super meeting tomorrow so hoping my vettings sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 j97

Did my medical in February and only got told two weeks ago I failed on eyesight. Had met both sergeant and super in March and only being told now is a bit annoying I thought I was in at this stage! Did anybody go ahead and get the laser done?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Iphone1923

Did they give you an option to get an opticians report.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Andrew071999

Hi. Im after doing interview 2 weeks ago and got message saying, Im being put forward for medical, fitness and vetting. Does anyone know what this stage will involve exaclty, will it be long for the vetting process and how does it look exactly, and if I pass medical and fitness whats the next stage and how many months could it take to be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jlan98

Passed everything back in November local meeting and super meetings done too and still no call. Anyone else in the same boat? Calling Garda appointments all the time just getting the generic answer back of “suitability checks”. Anyone any idea if we can escalate this or bring it to someone else’s attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ken1000

Ya got my offer last week on Tuesday I am batch 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MH10

I am in the same boat as you, getting the same generic answer everytime I ask for an update, is there anyone else we can follow this up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

Does anyone know if Irish is still taught as a class at the college during training ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Glas114

Has anyone received an offer within a months notice or is the end of next week the deadline on offers for the July intake?

• Advertisement

Hi all hope you are keeping well if your reading this I just got an email from occupational healthy there and I’d been deferred for 3 months so that’s july intake out the window and that’s fine it is what it is it’s on the grounds of bmi at the time my medical my bmi was 31 for my age weight and height what they want from me is to go to a doctor and get my weight height and hip waist ratio done so at the minute my bmi is gone down to 29 I’m in the over weight bracket would they accept that as a passable bmi weight they never stated a target bmi in the email for me it’s it just a case you’ve to be under the grade of 30 or what and why the hip waist again what’s the story behind that if your bmi is down under 30 what’s the criteria I’d greatly appreciate it if anyone who’s been in this situation or is in this Situation could hit me up I know everyone is different and that ill prob ring occ.health tomorrow but I’d love to have the heads up thanks folks

Advertisement