Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Game News and Releases.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I saw this the other day, looks fantastic.

If I could recommend that if this looks good to you, you should really try Puppeteer on the PS, if you have the right subscription you can stream it and it is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The game we've all been waiting for is out on June 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I see they've finally decided to release the game that's reputedly went through development hell and is a dumpster fire. I didn't think much of 1,2 Switch, I can only imagine what nightmare fuel this contains. That box art screams(neighs) 🐎💩. It's €30, I thought the first game was full price originally. Possibly shows how much faith they have in it.

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed - Ecto Edition Announce

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed - Ecto Edition, a 4v1 haunt-or-hunt action-packed video game from the asymmetrical multiplayer experts at IllFonic, will be joining the Switch family this year. Rated 10+, the game will be available in the My Nintendo Store.

The team has been hard at work adapting the game for Switch. Performing at a dynamic resolution from a range of 720 (handheld mode) to 1080p at the maximum, 30fps (industry standard for Switch). IllFonic is constantly tuning the game to push its limits. More information on Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed on Switch will be released later this year.

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed is currently available on PC on EPIC GAMES, PS4™, PS4™Pro, PS5™, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. To learn more about the game visit: https://www.ghostbusterssu.com/

Sonic Superstars - Announce Trailer

Get ready for Sonic Superstars, arriving Fall 2023!

Sonic and friends are back with an all-new look! Join Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy Rose on an adventure that takes "classic" to another level. Team up with friends, master new powers from the Chaos Emeralds, and speed through all brand-new zones on your way to take down Dr. Eggman (and co)!

Sign up at https://www.sonicsuperstars.com to receive a free, exclusive Amy Rose skin!

It looks nice.

• Advertisement

Prince of Persia The Lost Crown - Reveal Gameplay Trailer

Tune in at Ubisoft Forward on June 12 to learn more!

Get a first glimpse of gameplay of the new Prince of Persia The Lost Crown. Immerse yourself in rich and vibrant environments as you accompany Sargon on his epic journey. Discover the perfect blend of parkour, combat and puzzle-solving that characterises the Prince of Persia series.

The Lost Crown (Original Music for Prince of Persia) by 2WEI, Joznez, Kataem is OUT NOW.

Stream/Download: https://ubisoftmusic.ffm.to/thelostcrown

About Prince of Persia The Lost Crown:

Dash into a stylish and thrilling action-adventure platformer set in a mythological Persian world where the boundaries of time and space are yours to manipulate.

Play as Sargon and evolve from sword-wielding prodigy to extraordinary legend as you master acrobatic combat and unlock new Time Powers and unique super abilities.

It will be out on Switch in January 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A new AAA platformer is welcome, if it is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

who knew that under the blue turban he had hipster dreadlocks

The Sonic game looks really nice too. Would have to have both these games at 60FPS.

Capcom Showcase | 6.12.2023

It starts at 11pm Irish time and should have some Switch announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Lara Croft Collection is coming out on Switch at the end of the month.

It has the two isometric games (The Guardian of Light and The Temple of Osiris)

Good couch co-op games. I played them on PC when they came out 100 years ago. 🙂

It's a rumour so relax.

Nintendo Leaker Teases Big GameCube Games for the Switch

The Gamecube titles mentioned are F-Zero GX and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Not the first time we've heard these rumours. And speaking of Gamecube, Zippo also says that Switch ports of The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD remasters will happen "at some point" and speculates that they might be shadow dropped, ala Metroid Prime Remastered at the Nintendo Direct earlier this year.

Lastly, a 2D Donkey Kong game and a 2D Super Mario game are supposedly in development. Zippo believes that the 2D Donkey Kong game will release next year, while the 2D Super Mario game could be Nintendo's big November release.

Sounds too good to be true. But, cheaper and less risky than new hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw a rumour (on an aussie site I think?) that there could be a Direct next week.

BATEN KAITOS I & II HD Remaster - Release Date Trailer

Get ready to indulge in nostalgia with this remastered collection of your beloved RPGs — BATEN KAITOS I & II HD REMASTER comes to you soon on the Nintendo Switch on 14 September 2023.

Red Dead Redemption rated in Korea in 2023

No specific platforms were mentioned, but you never know.

Jujustu Kaisen Cursed Clash - Announcement Trailer

Not much else is known besides the platforms it's releasing on.

Booster Pack 5 releases July 12th

FEATHER CUP

• Koopa Cape (Wii)
    • Los Angeles Laps (Tour)
    • Moonview Highway (Wii)
    • Squeaky Clean Sprint (NEW)

DOUBLE CHERRY CUP

• Athens Dash (Tour)
    • Daisy Cruiser (GCN)
    • Sunset Wilds (GBA)
    • Vancouver Velocity (Tour)

NEW CHARACTERS

• Petey Piranha
    • Wiggler
    • Kamek

• Advertisement

The spectators for that Los Angeles Laps track look a bit dodgy.

And it’s live. Great to see Kamek / Magikoopa getting vindicated after being cut from Mario Kart 64 beta.

TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge - Dimension Shellshock - DLC Trailer – Nintendo Switch

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge - Dimension Shellshock DLC is coming later this year to Nintendo Switch!

Get your pizza order in and get ready to shred between dimensions in the brand new survival mode for TMNT: Shredder's Revenge! Collect crystals, upgrade your character, and mutate into your foes for an interdimensional brawl!

EA SPORTS FC 24 - Pre-order Trailer - Nintendo Switch

EA SPORTS FC 24 is coming to Nintendo Switch on September 29, 2023!

EA SPORTS FC 24 is a new era for The World’s Game, with PlayStyles optimized by Opta and a revolutionized Frostbite Engine powering the most true-to-football experience ever, plus a full Ultimate Team experience which welcomes women’s footballers to the pitch, VOLTA FOOTBALL, and Clubs now all on Nintendo Switch.

So EA are using the Frostbite Engine on the Switch for the first time on their footie game(they did previously use it on Plants Vs Zombies). But I was thinking to myself why now for a franchise that sells poorly on Switch and accounts for single digits in terms of % of total sales from all platforms. Maybe it's because they've lost the FIFA license and had to do work anyway to change the game, and so decided to use the Frostbite Engine.

Or, maybe there's another Nintendo platform launching in the next year that convinced EA to renew their effort and will get an enhanced port.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It could be a very clever effort on their part, though late, to bring something players want from their Switches, to be able to play the game on the go that they have on their PS5.

I wonder if they'll be a network enabled system to port your teams back and forth from the EA servers, that could make it essential for FIFA players, together with ad-hoc wireless multiplayer and a simplified control system that might allow two or more players on one Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly maybe it's just a realisation that with a modicum of effort they could offer a football game on Switch that's kinda lacking, cos AFAIK there aren't any strong football games on the platform? Unless those "legacy edition" versions sell like hot cakes it must be a totally untapped market at this stage.

"Unless those "legacy edition" versions sell like hot cakes it must be a totally untapped market at this stage."

They don't. I can remember reading stories like this.

Switch version only accounted for 1% of the physical version sales of FIFA 18 in the UK

And it was far from a once off.

FIFA 20 Switch Made Up 1% Of All FIFA 20 Sales In UK

And it got worse with the Legacy Edition's. And remember they're significantly cheaper than the next gen versions. Although I see for the most recent FIFA 23.

"Sony's consoles dominated FIFA 23's sales, with 41% of the copies shifted going to the PS5, now the biggest retail platform for the football series, and 30% going to PS4.

The Xbox One represented 17% of all sales, followed by Nintendo's Switch and the Xbox Series, both at 6%. Launch sales for FIFA 23 on Switch were 20% higher than FIFA 22."

We'll see how FC 24 sells on Switch now. It doesn't have the cheaper price on Switch this time, which will go against it.

£35/€40/$40 versus £55/€60/$60. It's €10/$10 more for next gen platforms and Switch is only getting the standard edition, while PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC are also getting the Ultimate Edition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

’The Legacy editions’ of FIFA games have been a borderline scam - silly prices for what’s a glorified patch for an old game. A truly cynical practice.

If they’ve actually made a new game for the Switch - and it appears they have - then that’s a lot more reasonable and would justify a price increase. Although whether EA is justified charging full price in the first place given the Ultimate Team racket is another discussion altogether.

Grubb Says Metroid Prime 2 for Switch is Coming “Relatively Soonish”; Again Mentions Something Zelda-Related

• Advertisement

That is great news, always wanted to get back into it, an amazing game

Advertisement