Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Called again this morning, went through the whole speal and got a declined again, computer says no.

I have an existing policy with them that I have since cancelled and moved all to 123.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Well, they (my broker) just said that particular car is flagged and needs to be approved by the insurer before they can issue a policy – and that car comes with a 20% loading on the premium. They weren’t able to say why – but who knows with insurance companies!

The insurance I have through my employer is a very good deal, so I wouldn’t  be able to beat it anywhere else anyway – have tried a few times over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Tesla tax. We knew it was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andy2023

Tesla have been in touch requesting I select a delivery date for my Model 3. I hoping to delay delivery into Q3. I already delayed at the end of Q1 and if I remember correctly, I think the person I was speaking to said I could only put the delivery on hold once. Does anyone know of any way to push my delivery without losing my deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I've found one company didn't want to insure my Model3 - they came back with a 'discounted' quote of €1,600 that I politely declined and took my business elsewhere.

That's usually their way around refusing to insure you - a ridiculous quote. Legally, they have to give the reason in writing why they would refuse to insure you? If three companies refuse you, you can go to the Insurance Ireland declined cases process (it'll probably go nowhere, or you'll get an astronomical quote, but at least you get to be a fly in the ointment for them for a change).

Post edited by Fingleberries on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Did anybody ask why or get a valid reason other than "it's a tesla"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Well, insurance companies can pretty much charge what they like, and all they have to say its down to the risk assumed on insuring that vehicle/driver. Maybe they have had big payouts on this model in the past, maybe they are just price gouging! I've held a full licence for 17 years, never had any claims, no driving related convictions etc so the loading is totally due to the model of the car. They didn't say anything other than that car comes with a 20% loading!

In my case I am pretty much paying the same premium for my Model 3 as I was on my previous ICE car, which was worth less than 20% of the value of the Model 3, so I'm ok with that. I actually expected the premium to increase due to the large difference in insured value and the cars horsepower relative to my previous ICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Anybody here picking up today ?

Reassuring to hear of people picking up as it seems more likely they will keep the dates....

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

Picking up MYLR White tomorrow. Struggling with insurance.

• Currently with Aviva - requested transfer to MY from midnight, they said they will have to talk to underwriters and get back to me, may not be today.
    • Allianz - have to talk to underwriters, 10-15 day turnaround
    • Chill - could not find the reg and did not allow manual entry of car details
    • Liberty - won't quote
    • 123.ie - provided a quote but at €600 is quite a bit higher than I am used to! (€390 in Volvo XC40 last year)

Looking like I will have to go with 123.ie, anyone have success with any other insurers? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I've flagged it ahead of time with AIG. They've said they may need to run it by their underwriters and to allow 1 - 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

I'm with aviva and had zero issues. Have you got online access to your aviva account? I did it on line and it transferred no issues. And I have got my renewal with them and it was cheaper than my previous years insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dub2020

Anyone has experience with AA (RSA), i will need to add MY LR to my existing policy, what happened if they don't support that or provide me unreasonable quote, what are my options? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

The only other one that quoted me was AIB, ended up with 123 as they were a bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

If you are currently with Aviva then you should have no problems transferring to your Y. We had no problems transferring to a Model 3 and an Ioniq 5. I don't think Aviva will quote for new EV customers.

Best of luck tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I got a good quote from Axa - there we no issues with them insuring a Tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I had an appointment for 19th and got a bit worried when all this cancellation wave happened. I have used a chat and of course they told me no problem my appoitment is valid. When I visited them in person I was told that car would arrive at 21st so I must change it. Worst thing is that after following this thread I expected it and I didn't even raised my eyebrows. This attitude is major reason why they are able to get away with poor service.

EDIT: I also took picture, there seem to be some cars getting ready for delivery.

Post edited by September1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MagdaP

I am currently looking around for model 3 and had a call to Aviva (my current insurer). No problem switching, the cost to change over is not astronomical either (€120 with renewal in September, that includes admin fee).

I tried to get a quote from Aviva there, as I have no reg yet I had to use the drop-downs... No Tesla shown at all in "make"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Axa quoted me €850, including a NCB discount of €2607.48

AA - €720

123 are coming in at €600

The self-titled EV Insurance want €1100 and make a bizarre claim that "We believe our policy is the best on the market for electric vehicles and would love to help you get insured. If you have any questions, please contact me."

Insurance is weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I'm with Aviva and changed from ID3 to Model Y in March. The online portal wouldn't let me transfer over, and I had to phone them. Customer service said that it was a problem with the "engine "size, as it wouldn't accept any number. All done on the phone in under 5 minutes. No admin fee, as the website was at fault. No extra charge to my current policy of €310 .

You might have to phone them but you shouldn't have any problems getting them to cover you if you are an existing customer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Always was and always will be.

I pay €236 for my Model S, 762 bhp and €420 for the Model 3, 500bhp. Don’t ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

How do you manage to get insurance on two cars simulaneously?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2 cars 🤣, I wish!

Ive 4 separate policies. One crew cab and another commercial van.

The model s is gone now anyway but clever use of main policy holders and spouse names drivers with careful separation of NCB. the private ncb’s are separate to the commercial ncb’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Once I had the registration I did it online no issue.

I have existing car insurance with Aviva, and they couldn't change it over to Model Y over the phone without first speaking with underwriters. Didn't hear anything back today from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Yeah, they told me that too, but surely once the underwriters approve it for one, then it would be approved for everyone. I would phone them back if I were you or try the online route and see if you can change it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭traco

Two trucks of Models Y heading southbound on M50 this morning @0745 after arriving in Dublin port I would imagine. Mainly black, one or two white and a dark blue I think but was hard to tell with the sunlight.

After 55 mins on phone to Aviva this morning - success! Transferred policy onto MY with no extra cost, and I'm on train now to pick up the car. They said they still need to go for underwriter approval case by case for Tesla, not sure why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Can you please post pictures of the collection centre just to understand how many are being delivered today. Thanks

Advertisement