Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So if i check a vodafone store for a Pixel 6a, it should be 200 if i port over from a pay as you go eir or three sim card? Is that what people are getting it for? I was about to buy a 6a from Amazon for 370 so wanted to check more on this, thanks.

Just rang my local store and they have 6a in stock but the 100 euro off is only for porting to sim only contract which I've no interest in. He said no discounts on 6a for pay as you go and if i did get it, all vodafone phones are locked as far as they're aware.

Sounds too messy to be going in dealing with that. For online, do i need to enter my sim details and then it's a lotto if it gets cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

Sounds like you've been told a complete load of bollocks. Im my experience sales stuff are often poorly informed/trained, especially if they are casual staff members.

• Pixel phones sold by VF are never locked.
    • 6A is available on line for €199 PAYG. Go in store and and ask for the same deal. You will need a SIM to port from still. A lot of posters report having to do also buy a topup credit but it will depend on the store or porbably even the sale person.
    • SIM only contract is only a 4 week contract.

Thanks! I called another story, got a different story, i can get it 200 but i have to get 20 top up with it, 20 for another sim so 240 total which is still a great price for it. I have 220 voucher with Amazon so think I'll just back that the 150 to go with Amazon, less hassle.

Limerick crescent has 3 left in stock for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

You can just go to Eir, buy a €10 sim and put it in your phone. Then walk into VF and buy the phone using a code with the Eir sim. €230 all in.

Amazon is £320 = approx €370. Your less hassle option is costing you €140.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

That's what I do, both stores are side by side. Into Eir for a €10 SIM, pop it into my phone, walk into VF and job done.

Vodafone sales staff are just trying to make it difficult, pixels are not locked. And you've only at most to buy 20€ credit and even I asked for that on a slip so gave it to a friend to use.

It's a savage deal, I didn't get the pixel 6a but a friend has there this week and no issues using above method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Did you get any email when order was cancelled? How long did it take to receive it?

Order cancelled. Got txt this morning - will try in the shop tomorrow in Sligo if they have somenthing in there.

Post edited by loki7777 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭seanin4711

smartband is junk,always bought xiaomi but that band would never charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I got one for my son, never had a problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭seanin4711

wonder how would returns work on that as its a freebee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Turns out the one i got looses charge super quickly, it ended up in the bin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

6A now down to 199 on the Vodafone switching deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭The lips

I am going to try upgrade my pixel 4a to the 6a using the eir->Vodafone sim porting technique tomorrow.

What cases are you guys going with for the 6a?

I took SPIGEN RUGGED

But still no luck with buying one - none in stock at vodafone Sligo(might have something in 2 weeks time). Will try order again and sending it to my work address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

This worked for me in limerick and didn't even need to get the 20 topup so 210 all in, just tell em you have credit already.

I got this case and it's grand.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B17QXNYV/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I caved in again. Ordered the 6A online yesterday using an Eir sim to port. Order cancelled 2 hours later.

"Unfortunately, your order has not met our online order criteria and has been cancelled."

Now have to wait 10 working days to get my funds back. 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Any idea why, what's the criteria issue!? Was considering it myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭jj880

No-one knows. Many including myself thought they had cracked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ACAandCTA

The same auld Vodafone issues so, I did get lucky with the 4a with them and also a Fitbit a year or so back. Have put the order in and so far so good 2.5 hours later.... We will see!

They do have criteria on networks (Tesco, 48, Lyca) that won't work, was wondering if anything specific for Eir but seemingly not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I got on to their online chat. Was told it was a technical issue. Then I quoted the email I had received and he just tried to fob me off about contacting the dedicated sales team by landline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Chanced my arm ordering on line last night phone €199. Had to pick a plan, added Vodafone X to basket. When I got to checkout, Vodafone X plan wasn't in basket. Allowed me go to checkout, and payed €199.

Didn't hold out much hope for it. Got dispatch notification this morning, delivery for Monday. Used 3 sim.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think if you have a dispatch email then you are good. Told myself I wasn't gonna bother trying with the website because I have had so many disasterous attempts before but you gave me hope ya bastard. Just put in an email. Wish me luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And it is cancelled. I blame Butterball for giving me hope

I couldn't even pay today - page error.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭jj880

Youd wonder why all the secrecy from them also. Could they be making a loss on these switching offer phones? Maybe once you satisfy all the exclusion criteria they have a counter. For every 100 orders ship 1 😅.

From their support, I found out the criteria for cancelations.

Reasons for cancelation/ criteria- This service is only available to you on the following conditions: 1. you must reside in, and provide a delivery address within, the Republic of Ireland. 2. you must be 18 ears of age or older Tears 3. you must hold a valid credit card issued in your name. Note that all references to 'credit card' in these terms shall be deemed to include a debit card also. 4. the name on the credit card used (cardholder identity) must match the name of the addressee to whom any Goods are to be delivered. 5. Acceptance of all online orders are subject to status and a satisfactory credit check.

I assume it is reason no 5 that is catching me out because all the others I pass but without more information as to why we are failing check 5 there is no way to resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Admins should put a header on top of this thread that.orders will always get cancelled !

To save new ppl coming to the thread and getting trapped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭ForestFire

At this stage is there a case for False Advertisement from VF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Someone told me in-store that there could be issue when the porting SIM is not at least 3 months old.

But I doubt that's the case.

Advertisement