Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Yeah. I’ve been generating 40-50 daily since the 22nd May. Exported 210 kWh in the last 5 days alone. We will all be crying when it goes back to normal next week :)

Second month with 0 bill; and we now have 154 euros credit on the electric Ireland account. And it’s only the start of June. System was switched on in mid Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Places like Australia, California etc are living the PV dream and have months of this weather... but they have other issues to contend with.

Still it would be great to live there and have a 8+ kWp system & a big battery you would be self sufficient no probs for most of the year.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

I'm not so sure they use any less electricity in some parts. Just theirs is for cooling, not heating. I saw eye watering energy usage on aircon on the DIY Solar Power Forum (diysolarforum.com). Am sure some of this is a throwback to cheaper energy and they are used to having temps as X degrees inside, and maybe they would be fine with it less cold. I'd be in the 'waste not, want not' camp like you :)

Deffo makes sense to have solar and large batteries in those hot places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Started off looking OK here but clouds have put a stop to that. Ticking along at about 1kW for the past few hours. Unless it picks up in the evening it'll be a sub 20kWh day but probably closer to 15kWh...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

29kwh generated already in NW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

The 🤬 it is Met, Dublin clouds most day...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 super_dad

30.4 kWh in Donegal today. Just little short of my best of 30.9 at end of May. 12th day after new install and 332 kWh generated in total. System is 4.1 kWp south facing and roof mounted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Graph of the last 4 days (including today in Red). I was out of the country and came back to see this. Nice! New personal record of 56Kwhr for main & shed combined.

Nearly identical production for the 3 days previous to today. (yeah there are three lines in there other than the red one!). Never seen such consistency since I got the panels installed 18 months ago. We'll be talking about June '23 in the same hushed tones as March '22.

Looking ok tomorrow for Dublin too .... then it falls back a little on Thur (but still decent by all accounts)

Another dog 💩 day in Dublin, estimate 50, be lucky to pull half of that

We had a good run 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

Drac , still banging over in the west this morning :😉

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Belting out the power in the north west too.

Although we had cloud for the first week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

41.6 today from a 7.4 system east west , Mayo

PV1 (east)v PV2 (west)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Another great day in Galway. 55kwh with 486 kwh in the first 8 days of this month already. If only every month was as good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Ah, spotted another reason I have higher daily output this month compared to the past (bar the obvious blue-sky blitz!)

It’s 945am and the E sun is so high in the sky it’s even hitting our W panels that the E sun normally can’t see. OK, production is still small but it’s something unexpected.

Heading for longest day of the year of course - so makes sense it’s higher in the sky. But I never noticed that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pirx

Hi is it normal productuion (blue graph) from 4.4 Kwh system 11 panels?

Red graph - consumption ..

Looks like cutting at 3Kwh ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Inverter have two string inputs 3kwh each - and system is made on ONE string - it could be the reason for 3kw limit?

• Advertisement

Post on the trouble shooting thread, that's were the tech lads can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So today has been awful. Struggling to hit 10kwh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 super_dad

Same here in Donegal . 11.5 kWh off a 4.1kWp system south facing. Thick cloud cover most of day. Was getting nearly triple this on good days over past fortnight 😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

8.8 kWh from a 3.1 kWp system. Two or three decent hours in the afternoon and evening did most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

65.7kWh today in south Dublin. That's a record day.

Post edited by eclipsechaser on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

Today might be my record day. 45.2 generated..7kwp, 4 South east, 3 north west. North county Dublin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yeah, new record here too. 34.7kWh from 4.8kWp south facing system in Dublin Fingal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

21.9 kWh which is a new record.

3.1 kWp (1.7 S, 1.4 E)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

8.9kWp today (prediction was 8.4kWp). Next couple of days look promising:

4kWh system pointed SW in Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

8kWh yesterday, not hugely ahead of consumption for the month, forecast mostly crap for the next two weeks.

July officially sucks!

Advertisement