Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a virus going around?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Definitely, I believe it's called humanity.

🙈🙉🙊

• Surprisingly when my 92 year old aunt in a nursing home got Covid, it didn’t affect her badly, but her sons and daughter with stronger immune systems had a harder time as their immune systems put up a fight.

• Could be campylobacter too, it’s a common food poisoning but in some vulnerable people and be severe and very occasionally fatal. If you have blood in the diarrhoea, this is a likely candidate. It’s nasty but normally self limiting after a week or two, keeping up electrolytes, and a light nourishing diet is important. Stopping eating on account of any diarrhoeal illness is never a good idea, the body needs more nourishment than ever. An intestine without food passing through is more likely to “eat itself”, if necessary take motion to ease nausea. Avoid imodium as this can cause stagnation with multiplying of bad bacteria, prolongation of symptoms and it’s possible for prolonged irritable bowel syndrome to set in. As recovery sets in diet of fermented foods may help restore balance.

Note, if bleeding continues after two weeks or so it needs investigation to rule out inflammatory bowel disease or a malignancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Thanks all. I went to bed at 6 last night and just got up now! High temp, aches chills, headache, eye pain, hot, cold, the usual…. Feel a bit better now just weak and tired. Must be a virus thing going round, in case anyone feels it, good to know

• You mention eye pain, could be from sinuses, but if the surface of the eye is sore or itchy likely to be latest drain of Covid, where conjunctivitis is especially common in children affected by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 not_sure_what_to_pick

Have to laugh at those testing for covid. Why bother? Like, they sound responsible for testing and they sound like they will stay at home with a positive result. But also, they sound like people that will continue on with any other viral illness if they get a negative. If you have symptoms, just stay at home, people don't need a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Finished a course of antibiotics and steroids three days ago, I’m still coughing and floored with tiredness, have this nearly two weeks now , two weeks straight with a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I didn't say I laugh at those resting for Covid at all. I said at laugh at those who claimed that all employers would send home anyone with symptoms forever more in threads here.

All employers don't, and it's not practical in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

is paranoia a virus?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,092 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd consider them more of a disease than a virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,829 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Advertisement