Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Did you monitor it before it did? Any error messages coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭championc

How many wires have you on the canbus cable ? It's recommended to cut the wire to pin8 on the RJ45

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭randombar

hadn't heard that before, what's this one about?

Had a look at the voltages just before.

Looks like I've some dodgy connections (hopefully) or batteries (not hopefully)

So cleaned connections to 9 and 10 but still shutting off. Will clean a few more this evening and see if that sorts it.

What's the story about cutting the wire to pin8?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hryhorii

Hi all! I bought 2 batteries 48*100 16S with BMS Seplos.

I can change this battery for another one. But perhaps there is something I can do?

Please advise:

1. 2 batteries are connected to each other via RS485, DIP values are set: 10000000 and 01000000. I read in the Seplos manual that you need to set these values. Am I right?

2. My inverter does not have CAN and cannot be connected to batteries. He just charges and unloads them. I have set these values:

(49,6v) 5.3.15 Battery mode to mains mode voltage point

Function description: When the battery and mains exists at the same time, the battery will be transferred to the mains when it is discharged to a certain voltage to ensure that the battery will not be empty.

Setting conditions: All states can be set, and the output priority should be set in PV or PBG modes.

Explanation:

BTG: Back To Grid

(54,4v) 5.3.16 Switch back to battery mode voltage point (BTB)

Function description: After the battery is turned off at low voltage, it needs to reach a certain battery voltage value before it can be restarted in battery mode.

Setting conditions: All states can be set.

Explanation:

BTB: Back To Battery

(46,4v) 5.3.18 Battery low voltage point

Function description: Low voltage alarm point setting.

Explanation:

bAL: battery Low

(44v) 5.3.19 Battery low voltage cut off point

Function description: Battery low voltage shutdown point setting function.

Explanation:

bAU: battery Under

(55,2v) 5.3.20 Constant voltage mode voltage point setting (bCV)

Function description: Constant voltage point setting function Setting conditions: All states can be set Explanation:

bCV: battery Constant Voltage

(55,2v) 5.3.21 Floating charge mode voltage point setting (bFL)

Function description: Float voltage point setting function.

Explanation:

bFL: battery Float

3.Everything is fine with the first battery, but the second battery writes a warning:

• Advertisement

The alarm is because some of the cells in your battery have gone over 3.5V. It's just a setting in Seplos. You can change that to something a bit higher if you like. Both your batteries are pretty much fully charged, but the second one is not very well balanced. And Seplos is incapable of balancing it. Not that this matters an awful lot if you get enough capacity out of it as it is.

@unkel

Thank you.

Please write, did I specify the correct inverter settings?

Have I correctly connected one battery to another via RS485?

How can it be calibrated or is it better to replace the battery 48*100 with another one?

I also noticed that each battery is charging 13A, although the inverter settings indicate 40A.

Top Seplos is the Master Pack 00 - DIP sw 5 is ON

Bottom Seplos is Secondary Pack 01 - DIP sw 1 is ON

HOWEVER, in this configuration, in the Battery Monitor software, you can only see Pack 01

So if you do not need to make a cAN connection then indeed, have both Packs as Masters

I have 2 battery and i need balance between.

Should i use RS to RS for balance?

If i set DIP 00000000 and 00000000 - balance is correct? Or i need use 00005000 and 10000000 for the slave?

What are you tell support Seplos?

You could make both 00000000, set capacity for double on one Seplos, and link with CAN to inverter. Then you can connect to each pack 00.

The two separate packs will balance together

• Advertisement

Pretty much exact same issue as others on here now.

Cleaned all connections and used the paste.

Randomly voltage on "cell 1" is seen to be dropping to 204 and "cell 2" to 0.

There is one regular voltage read after this drop on both cells which is the frustrating thing.

Close to ripping it out at this stage.

Unfortunately, I don't have a CAN inverter. Please write, in this case, how best to combine 2 batteries and balance them?

Maybe then best to do 16s2p ?

I have 48*100 2P16S each battery. 48*200 total (in parallel).

First battery 48*100 2P16S. Second battery 48*100 2P16S.

I do not have a CAN connection to the inverter. The inverter does not support CAN connection.

What happens if I connect batteries via RS to RS to each other and set DIP in this way: 00001000 for Master and 10000000 for Slave или or set DIP to zeros 00000000 and 00000000.

How will these two battery settings differ? What are the benefits of an RS connection for batteries?

Plugged in the new seplos this morning, batteries charging ok.

My Pi is failing to connect though, "Error code 05"

I'm wondering is there an issue with the new device being seen or needs to be added or something.

Sorted, For those interested:

Modified

SEND="~$SEND$SUM\r\n"
    echo "Sending \"$SEND\""
    read_serdata &
    sleep 0.2
    echo -e "$SEND" >$DEV

to

SEND="~$SEND$SUM\r"
    echo "Sending \"$SEND\""
    read_serdata &
    sleep 0.2
    echo -ne "$SEND" >$DEV

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭darraghsherwin

Hi

My Seplos seems to be reporting the wrong SOC based on the voltage and this seems to cause the SOC to go to 0% when the Solis inverter calls for power.

How do I reset the BMS so it calculates the SOC properly? Cells are 190Ah capacity

Also, Cell 3 seems to be imbalanced compared to the rest of the cells, I wasn't able to do a full top balance of all 16 cells together, had to do 8 & 8 cells.

Seplos hasn't a clue what SOC is.You are better off just manually setting top and bottom voltage in your inverter yourself.Seplos also is totally impotent in balancing the battery cells. Either take your pack apart yourself and top balance it or get a balancer like the NEEY

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭johnbk

The SOC on my Seplos changes to 100% when either the cell overvoltage or overall battery overvoltage protection switches off the charging.

Make sure the settings you have for these two reflects the battery getting to a full Soc. I have cells at 3.65, and battery at 56v I have the cells higher because they race after 56v at a rate the neeey can’t keep up with.

I am happy with the readings I am getting from my Seplos on Soc. However, the Solis doesn’t like it when the overvoltage protection switches off the charging and it also switches off for a few minutes with an error OV-ILLC. It resets after about 2 minutes and all is fine. I wish the Seplos had a voltage setting for 100% Soc rather that the overvoltage protection.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clf

The seplos sends the total voltage overvoltage protection parameter as the charge voltage to the inverter over CAN. Turn off the total overvoltage protection function switch on the seplos. Then set that parameter to whatever voltage you want the inverter to charge too. I set mine to 55.3V. Set the monomer protection to 3.65V and leave that function switch on as the battery protection.

the inverter will charge to 55.3V without triggering protections on the seplos.

I have 2 packs in parallel running this way, on a Solis inverter without errors. The Solis reduces the charge limit to 10A at 96% SOC. I use the user-define battery on the solis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭johnbk

This worked. Thanks. Two unusual things happened, it got very overcast in the late morning and the Solis started charging from the grid. Also lost the Soc reading.

I am back now in the aobo profile with the same Seplos settings you outline above. Will know shortly how this works

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clf

Hopefully that keeps it in order. Just note that the Solis adds 0.5V to the charge voltage using the aobo profile, you may have to adjust for this.

you can view the charge voltage sent by the BMS in control parameters on the Solis. Depending on the inverter firmware version it is the “Equalizing Charge” or “Absorption” parameter.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭munsterfan2

Not bothered, but the neey and bms dont agree on some cell readings - guess I need to recrimp some of the connectors, 5,6,13 & 14 read slightly differently.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Verify with multimeter and see who's correct.

Also can you turn off balancing on the seplos?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭jasgrif11

My additional 48 cells arrived and are now top-balanced. Just waiting on a few more bus bars to arrive before I dismantle my 10kWh battery and build my 40kWh. I'm going for a 16S4P configuration as per below. Thanks to @unkel, @graememk and @irishchris for all the helpful suggestions to date!

My configuration will sit on two industrial shelves. I have already started with the bottom shelf. Just itching now for the bus bars to arrive so I can complete the config.

Happy building to all!

Just a small comment - keep busbars level to either sit both side on the cell terminals, or both sides on top of their adjacent cell busbars. Otherwise, the cannot sit perfectly flush

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭jasgrif11

Great point. I'll make that change.

This can not be done if your battery is 15S 😁

@jasgrif11 - you're playing senior hurling now, lad 🤩

Best of luck with the build!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

You mean 7p, if you go to 8p you'll be able to do it again 😂