Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four children injured in France knife attack, two in critical condition - **read OP for warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

But it has, there was two cases of asylum seekers killing killing multiple people in premeditated blade attacks.

🙈🙉🙊

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Unless it is shown to be relevant drop references to Islam/Muslims

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

I wasn't talking about the shooting where the attacker identified as transgender, but perhaps not surprising that is the one you bring up.

There have been multiple shootings at mosques, synagogues by Christians, as well as attacks on churches because of who make up the congregation.

As for going on about God, normally done in their manifesto.

The rest of your post makes even less sense, plenty of hard core Christians who are against abortion have no issues with killing children or adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

I don't need to change anything, nothing similar to today's attack has happened here, you know that. And tell me, what attacker in the US said they did it because of their Christian beliefs? What attacker other than a Muslim has shouted about God while they went on their rampage? I don't remember any mass killer using Jesus as the reason. They might have been born into a Christian family but it wasn't the reason for their attacks, they typically had some beef with a family member, coworker, etc or in Buffalo and in thae Dylan Roof case it was race based.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

But not killing in the name of Christ unlike those who kill while chanting Allah Akbar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are you waffling about?

You refuse to accept he is Christian even though all the facts to date indicate he is Christian. Why are you being so weird about it?

"Real-time history"? Do you know how silly that sounds? Credibility=Zero.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

That’s an awful thing to say.

What else is there to talk about when asylum seekers/refugees/Muslims are getting marred with a very bloody brush over the actions of a single, awful human being? I’m glad to see decent people not letting it slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭nachouser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭crusd

Here is someone who used the perverted idea of Christian superiority to justify their crime. Wrote an extensive manifesto outlining the reasons. Reads quite like many a boards post in places

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

"Reads like many a boards post".

This thread is just about point scoring at this stage.

"People, including children were stabbed for no reason, must be time to accuse people I don't like of being x, y or z."

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭crusd

Quite clear from this that he was not of sound mind. It states the reason he was refused asylum was because he had already been granted asylum in Sweden and therefore did not need to apply for asylum to stay in France or anywhere else in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jackiebt

I watched the full video, the guy with the backpack is an absolute hero. He did just about enough to fend the lunatic off, amazing display of bravery. Also, I'm astonished that RTE mentioned that the attacker is a Syrian Refugee.

Shhhh… can’t be talking about motive here. He did this heinous crime because he’s an asylum seeker. Can’t be any other reason behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Yawn. The strange bias people have towards those of a different religion just unbelievable!

'Christian's don't kill randommers '

- proves they do

'yeah well, not while shouting about God '

It's so strange that the only thing people seem to care about when innocents are killed, is the religion of the offender.

Is it just religious people? Like neighbouring parishes in GAA matches or something?

I don't believe in any God and I couldn't care less what god some murderer believes in, they are a murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

But people did intervene, quite bravely in fact I would say.

It is actually important to document things that happen in life. Can prove to be very important in many instances.

It wouldn't be my mentality in such moments. Just wouldn't enter my mind at all to grab my phone and start filming... I would either get out of dodge asap, or if I thought I could help in some useful manner I would try to do that.

I find it strange people on here condemning anyone for watching such footage. I watched the video, it's shot from a distance so can't even really see much. But it is horrible knowing what the guy did. I've seen far more cruel and inhumane footage posted over on the Russia thread, for example, by the usual gore merchants over there, which seems to be largely tolerated by the majority on this site.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

easygoing39 threadbanned

Post edited by Beasty on

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/09/macron-visit-annecy-knife-attack-victims-two-children-still-critical-condition

The motive for the attack remains unclear. The regional prosecutor, Line Bonnet-Mathis, said the detention of the alleged attacker, named as Abdalmasih H, had been extended on Friday after a psychiatric examination.

Police had not yet been able to interview the suspect, a 31-year-old Syrian national who has refugee status in Sweden and is being investigated for attempted murder, because of his “agitated” condition, French media reported.

Still no motive, but it sounds like he cracked, mentally.

French media reported that the alleged attacker’s mental health was cause for concern. BFM TV quoted unnamed sources as saying the suspect had been “incoherent” since his arrest and had rolled on the floor several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Good post. That's exactly how I feel - it simply would not enter my head to take out the phone and start videoing a scene like that. It just doesn't compute.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2Greyfoxes

Glad to hear the 4 kids are in a stable condition. Hope they pull through and aren't left with any long lasting health complications.

As for the attacker, hope he has a short painful life.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Emblematic

Where are people getting that he's a Swedish passport holder? He's a Syrian asylum seeker turned down for asylum in France. He's not Swedish lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

Before you even clicked on the thread everyone knew that this thread would consist of people trying to tar all migrants as a threat and potential killers and then people on the other side saying that is basically unfounded.

I genuinely hope that guy is behind bars for life.

The news? He was granted asylum in Sweden, and is the holder of a Swedish passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Emblematic

Can you provide a link to a reputable news source that he has a Swedish passport? We know he held Swedish ID but that is a different thing and does not indicate citizenship.

I ask again, where are people getting the idea that he held a Swedish passport?

Most of the accounts state that he was granted asylum in Sweden but took advantage of lack of border checks in the Shengen zone to travel to France and apply international protection there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The individual appears to have become a loser / dropout in recent times. Was married to a Swedish woman but she divorced him and he apparently was sleeping rough in France in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Bite who exactly? Governments couldn't give a toss about terrorist attacks.

It's all about getting the pat on the head from the unelected EU civil servants.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kurooi

Why is that astonishing? Does stating facts need to be policed better? Better shut some journalists up lock them away huh.

Certain cultural tropes can influence a person already with a mental disorder to copy a certain type of crime seen perpetuated by a tiny minority of the people they have been influenced by. Eg a terrorist type who claims to be an ultra Islamist with a god given right to kill infidels in the name of his religion may possibly be viewed by a mentally warped Christian of otherwise similar ethnicity as being a role model for his own corrupt version of religion, and his modus operandi copied for whatever motivation may be in the perpetrator’s head.

But of course this is very much a minority thing and eg, if an Irish person suffers from a rare severe variant of paranoid schizophrenia, they are likely to be influenced by a more “Irish” method of killing, eg a farm shotgun used against a few innocent people that are seen to be adversaries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭200mg

If all these people are insane why have off the top of my head none been acquitted when they get to court on those grounds. You can be not normal and also not insane. I waited this long to post as could see it turning out to be a sh*t show from the off. Anders Behring Breivik tried to claim he was insane did he not. Some people are just bad and use Religion as an excuse also via indoctrination. The only outlier is a particular Religion. whether lack of education or just plain indoctrination. 1.8 billion followers of that Religion vs 2.2 billion Christians. They seem to have a very large number of nutters compared to Christians.

The other outlier is in Christian attacks God is never really mentioned as a reason. You never off the top of my head hear some white Christian supremacist bang on about god. Oh you will hear about race and stuff like that. OFC this guy ATM seems to be Christian. But IIRC even in the UK to get asylum they are told to claim to be Christian to present a risk of persecution.

This is a general post not really aimed at you Recode.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Advertisement