Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Calm in Meath now after a much warmer day. During weather like this, our country is a beautiful place on earth. I am sitting back in my pergola with bulmers on ice, radio Nova in one ear and the birds still singing in the other. And a bowl of grapes. Cheers everyone 🍻

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Warm and feeling more humid

10pm

Belmullet 20 degrees

Shannon 20

Valentia 20

Mace Head 19

Newport 19

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Here comes the rain in Cork City!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

First few drops of raining starting to fall in cork city. First in quite a while

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Had a few light showers in Galway today but we need a decent downpour now. The sports pitches are like concrete.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Dazler97

A drizzle of rain here in carrick but not much by any means

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

A few drops of rain here in Kildare now

Could anyone tell me how much rain fell in Cork overnight? Any decent app/site with 24 hour rainfall recordings other than met.ie?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

A stunning day in Leitrim yesterday. Much different this morning, very cloudy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

The rain last night in Cork sounded torrential! Woke me from sleep. Heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭pauldry

Valentia had a min of 16.1c yesterday. Think warm nights are coming for next 10 days

Trying to find the warmest Junes and of course you only have to go back to 2018. I think these are the top 3.

June 1940 15.8c

June 2018 15.7c

June 1989 15.6c

This year must be near these values but as its 16c in the West and much cooler in the East the next 10 days will help us catch up a lot.

Probably 22c by day and 15c by night in most places this week mean a lot of sweaty beds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Shite day in Cork. Dull muggy damp, crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Hazy sunshine and warm.

0900 19c Donegal airport

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭pauldry

I'm looking at weather charts and the worst I see it getting in next 2 weeks is 18c with a minimum of 11 or 12c. The best I see is over 30c with a minimum of 20c. The likelihood is mid range of these. But that surely guarantees a record warm June. However rain to the South and West changing East just a tad can scupper this.

I'd say record warm June for some stations in the West is odds on but I see Knock was very warm in 1989 and of course Shannon 2018. Some of the others may set records.

The East not so sure since theyv had a West of Ireland June so far may be a bridge too far even if the heat is pumped from now until the end which isn't totally out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Lashing rain in west Dublin

i can’t remember when it last rained here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Nice drop falling in South Wicklow now, the land badly needed it it's been about a month since we had any rain at all here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lowest temp of 15.9C here near Tralee and currently 17.4C, low overcast stratus with a hazy moist air. Humid to say the least.

A welcome 10mm fell early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnFearCeart

A spit of rain in the south Midlands earlier amounted to virtually nothing. Looking back over the radar, the rain seemed to break up just southeast of us and reform northwest of us. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,387 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Nice, steady, gentle rain, heavy drizzle at the moment - overnight, with one heavyish shower, perfect to wet the ground rather than just flow away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sun still out in Meath, no sign of any rain yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rain somehow evaporated before reaching here by the coast in south Dublin, ground absolutely crying out for it.

Day 19 of absolutely no rain measured, unreal.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A record warm June for the east is totally out of the question, temperatures in Leinster are currently running between 1 and 3C below normal for the month due to the chilly first 9 days of the month. This anomaly should recover to around normal over the next week.

and just as I posted this, it's starting to rain so looks like the drought is over.

Hopefully this rain won't amount to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jonnreeks

Plenty of showers here last night here in Cobh, its a bit cloudy now Saturday but mild and humid.

Too be honest I don't think we in Ireland are capable of living with any of the hot weather recently!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gone over 20C here near Tralee as the cloud breaks up, recent breeze/ wind helping, lenticulars above the stratus.

Advertisement