Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Delusional. You must live in some Vatnik alternative reality. Russia is now a world wide military joke. We even have Wagner kidnapping regular army commanders.This has made them a laughing stock. Remember when it was going to be all over in 3 days 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭200mg

It does make me lol tbh. Even the USA lost men materials and all that in Iraq or are NATO weapons supposed to have God mode on. 3-4 tanks here compared to 100s of russian losses. I mean the more I look at that vid outside the chopper vid. Tank hit's mine. Crews decide with no tank apc are vulnerable in the frontal attack ditch apc and go on foot. Stuff seems to have been retaken. On to repair how many russian tanks get repaired when there not captured.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This is actually a great breakdown about the invasion prelude, and the dire state of russian equipment and tactics, and the battle of Kyiv.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

Why western leaders need more evidence for a massive war crime which Russia just did.

It will do the same with the nuke plant and fire at will on rescue workers.

Blowing the dam should have enacted a western assisted humanitarian operation with western helicopters protected by air support.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NATO can’t go in because WW3 and the UN won’t go in, because it can’t, because UN security veto, so who do you propose? The Irish Defense Forces?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Never said it was over and I want Ukraine to win out completely am just a bit concerned can they stay the course which I am sure they mean to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

News is mixed this morning but it appears progress is made, but a steep price is paid with every KM taken. Fcuk Russia for forcing this.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Rawr

If accurate, this is showing them encircling Russian units out on the field. It’s a good idea, once those units are cut off from resupply they might be inclined to surrender, although that might have to come after a period of digging in and hoping that a Russian counter offensive can rescue them.

I’m wondering if that’s the eventual plan for Tokmak. Encicle the place and then let the defenders use up their supplies to the point of giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

They will need an international force to assist when the nuke station goes the same way its mined too.

Maybe using a base in Ukrainian territory or just on the border but transport links and moving civilians will require boots on the ground its a sovereign country and can't be abandon on nuke threats from a terrorist weakened Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Let them wither on the vine tactic. Let a force of similar size there to mark them if you can open enough of a gap to the Russian front line they eventually have to surrender. However I suspect they most for res like that will try to retreat before complete encirclement

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭WheelieKing

Blah blah non NATO member blah blah Da Bomb blah blah blah...

The international community is a joke. Just sitting by and giving Ukraine the bare minimum it needs to defend itself. Grow some balls ffs and just do what's right. Fcuk Putin call his bluff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

does that mean all the ruzzian scummy kunts living here can get called up ? if so lol

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Nope. Not desperate at all, nothing to see here. Russia is mighty and has many patriots willing to fight for the motherland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

Actually there was significant opposition at the time to the wholesale massacre of civilians entailed in Bomber Command's area offensive. MPS raised the matter in Parliament. Many churchmen condemned it. They were all denounced by the top brass as lily livered traitors who dared to demean the reputations of the brave men who were carrying the fight to the enemy with great gallantry and at appalling risk etc etc. And anyway the true nature of the area offensive was always denied at the time. "Yes of course there is some risk to civilians in war time but the idea that we are deliberately targeting women and children is outrageous. We good chaps simply don't do that sort of thing!" (Don't take my word for any of this, just read Bomber Command by Max Hastings, hardly a pinko liberal himself. A former editor of the Daily Telegraph)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So only 3 days in and already the first line of Russian defense has been breached in some areas. This is without Ukraine even launching the main part of their counter offensive. Yet some posters thinks Ukraine should negotiate before it's too late. Its unbelievable how people can distort things yet claim to be on the side of Ukraine. I might understand this position If the Ukranians were a month into this with no sign of progress on the battle field.

Post edited by nacho libre on

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cushtie

So if/when this counter offensive is successful and the Russians get beat back across their border, what then? Can Ukraine then invite in international partners to help secure their borders, or do they just wait for the Russians to regroup and try again in a few years? Will NATO membership be fast tracked for Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

Hard to see Russia being able to make many advances back into Ukrainian territory in this hypothetical scenario, when you consider how much of a failure their forecasted Winter offensive came to be. You say the Russians could regroup, and I wouldn't doubt that a Russia still being led by Putin would want to rebuild and attack, but the necessary timeframe for this would also be the timeframe for Ukraine to join NATO and whatever else could be done by international partners to ensure the country's territorial integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭macraignil

I'd recon fast track membership would be on the way judging from some of the comments from existing NATO officials in the case of Ukraine regaining its territory from russian occupation. It might require some awkward NATO members like Hungry to be given some extra consideration like being shown the exit door if they continue to work against the alliance but Ukraine with a large battle hardened armed force experienced in fighting moskovytes would be a huge ally to the rest of NATO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If Russia hold an inch more than what they had in 2014 then it will be an encouragement to it to try again later.

It will also show the big Communist brother in China that military action pays off.

Ukraine will probably suffer ten's of thousands of casualties in the next 6 months. That is the reality of war but it can also be the price of victory.

It's really frustrating to see one's posts crowded out by dross in the thread knowing that one chance reading by a Ukrainian official could change the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ukraine seems to be continuing to cause serious problems for putins criminals with help from the material already being shipped to Ukraine from international supporters and I agree more needs to be sent to help teach putin that invading another country and killing thousands of their people is not acceptable and will be punished with casualties as the Ukrainians continue to report. Could be a quarter of a million or more moskovytes killed by putin's ambitions before Ukraine is free:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Even if they do hang on to some territory,

The Russian military is severely degraded. So It will take years to make it an effective fight force again where by it can launch an invasion. This is assuming they weed out all the corruption too, which given the regime that is in place is highly unlikely. Let's assume that all this does happen, by that time Ukraine is likely to be a NATO member and it will have the military infrastructure needed to ensure it can't be invaded again. Putin had a dim view of Gorbachev because he thought he sold Russia out and humilated mother Russisa on the world stage, well by the time this is over i think many Russians may feel the same about Putin.

Post edited by nacho libre on

True.

It's a strange world, Gorbachev is hailed as a softie in Russia even though he killed millions of Civilians in Afghanistan alone and oversaw a system of control and repression that Putin will could never achieve in a century.

It's a serious pivot down coming for Russia after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

One difference being that the Russian crews abandon their tanks the first chance they get, they don't want them back and have to drive them again?. In general Russian' s do not care for their vehicles, and why should they??

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Seanmadradubh

The vast majority of Ukrainians oppose territorial consessions.

But maybe they should listen to some tadpole brained Irish keyboard warriors (who of course only have their best interests at heart).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bradleys in combat looks like one takes a direct hit and almost looked like a blue on Blue was about to happen,crew managed to dismount and jump on to another vehicle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement