Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I've won enough Schein gift cards to pay off my mortgage. Lucky me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Got a scam job for a mini fridge full of Guinness on whatsapp yesterday, well if I got it once I got it twenty times 🙄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A few years ago I invited a couple of otherwise very good friends for dinner. They agreed, so we set date and time and I went shopping for it. I spent a day and a half at the minimum preparing and cooking things, I had a veritable banquet ready. Half 6 came and went; I texted them at 7, then at half 7. Then again at half 8. At 9pm I asked them to let me know if they were at least coming for dessert. They eventually replied, very vaguely, saying they had friends from Dublin come over unannounced that were going to spend the night at their place so they were stuck and couldn't make it after all.

Would it have killed them to let me know they were delayed/that something had come up/that they weren't going to come without letting me wait with a set table for two and a half hours? I was NOT impressed, I thought it was very poor form. I ate the leftover food over a few days, but lots of it went bad and got wasted, it was a real shame and it's still annoying me these many years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Traffic noise, house alarms, dogs barking, kids screaming. So much for trying to enjoy the summer evening. I think it's all just a little bit ******.

That's Entertainment as The Jam song goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

ta the bs (or lack thereof in this instance) on here

cast yer minds back a couple or three yrs ago, readers.. it were almost de rigeur for a sarcy 'woke' type to come out with shít like, "I disagree with what you're saying, but...... " . some even had this as their sig 😅😌😥

another common one from those types of posters: "you must be great fun at parties" :lefcukingyawn:

I put this down to ye shamdemicce , and how they couldn't use the "great fun at parties one" back in the times when folk were "dropping like flies" 😴 , and as far as the "I disagree with..." one; well it's patently obvious (based on probability, imo) that they widna even go as far as hitting the escape button - if it would help out said aggrieved person - if that was all that was required to defend he/her what were having their freespeech rights violated; no, they'd likely be falling o'er theyselves to join in ye pileon, nevermind the fact they wouldn't do a damn thing to "defend" he/her what had their right to be heard 'cancellede'

of course the above is merely my opinion and conjecture

but I reckon am no wrong , so TA standeth

another common one from those types of posters: "you must be great fun at parties" :lefcukingyawn:

dam strait OP.. fcekers be gleefully calling the authorities on ya back in them times if they thought you was at a party and they had your twenty ;(

too very true OP - haven't seen either of these expressions utilised much at all, on here, in timexs recent... used to be they were commonplace....... go figure, eh????

--------------------

me own TA is me saw a big bastid (for this country) spider last night.. hard to put a size on da koont; i'd say about the spoon part of a tablespoon in span

fecker put up a decent enough fight when me tried sweeping him onto pan - afore me chucked him out back door

aint seeing too many flies this year neither.. be's there some hybrid tarantula types all over this country nowadays what's mainly in hiding?>?>?? and waiting to 'pounce' ?? certainly hope not :eek:

#TA#uncertaintimes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

All right, all right, slow down, slow down. Who's been stealing your thoughts?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Why is it that many women in SUV's think they can just drive out in front of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

I just woke up to strange noise, it's the sound of heavy rain !!! I know we need it but still.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've had a headache since Thursday. That turned into aches all over. I can't move this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Closing outlook, and my lazy hand somehow manages to right click on the scroll bar for the inbox. One of the options: Scroll to here. WTF? Why is that even an option? Are people really getting that lazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And many cant park them neatly in the space between two lines

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's on some browsers, too. I find it handy,

I shouldn't have had that last sip of iced coffee at half eight last night, I barely slept - I must've gone to the loo 5 times, I even put limescale remover in the water cistern (it was leaking) and I also did two washes... and now I'm wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Why are you replying to your own posts???

(I suspect because you're the only one who understands them...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The rudest subset of drivers imo.

Saw one yesterday look disgusted and give daggers because she was mildly inconvienenced by a learner driver who briefly dawdled over a hill start.

Of course she had sunglasses on the top of her head too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The one yesterday had L plates and was probably hers, just drove out and didn't even look to her right. They always look like high maintenance WAG clones.

Karens, the lot of them. 😁

:pac:

that were funny 😆 me had good laff, ta DH 🤘👊

pretty basic one, -as well as being inclusional to us mentallers- were the reason for responding to meself, as i didn't want to see me lefft out 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seemed to a be night for wandering. I was up and down too, emptied a drawer in the wardrobe to sort this morning. Let the cat out around 4 as it seemed every time I fell asleep she woke me. My 'fitness' tracker says I was awake 5 times, but what does it know, as it counts me lying and reading as light sleep 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

There'll be someone along soon to womansplain it to you

I'm pretty sure I'm not, but let me check my left ring finger.... Nope, all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My TA is trying to clean the kitchen and having kids' bits (aka clutter) about the place that have no real place. So it's a constant effort of moving things about to clean. And then when you're done the place still looks like a tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dickheads - and it's always men - who cycle the wrong way down bike lanes. I don't know if they think they're being edgy or cool or what but they just look like twats. Just fcuking cycle on the correct side of the road, ffs.

I hate the way social media has ruined comedy....in many ways...but in particular...content creators...who do 'people like ' or 'when youre'....years ago we had Harry Enfield, Fast Show, French and Dawn, Fry and Laurie...and you had to wait for a new season/episode...I feel like these content creators/comedians are trying too hard...not that it's their fault but it's the instant gimme more of social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was looking at a PS5 . Which is better , disc or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

People paying for bus travel by "app" who haven't opened the "app" before they board the bus, then spend an age scrolling/etc whilst stood by the driver - yesterday somebody actually got on, said to the driver "there's no charge on my 'phone", waved 'phone at driver, and walked past . . . next week I'm going to wave my wallet at the driver as I walk past saying "I forgot to withdraw cash for my wallet", or wave debit card at the reader and say "I forgot to transfer money from may savings account".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pissed off with the result of the Cl final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

AC Valhalla is so big it'll probably last you all winter, and a good chunk of spring also

In terms of Disk vs Digital version of the PS5, I got the disk version as I still wanted the option of playing games on a physical disk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement