Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yes. if they step inside Russia they can now be arrested because they have committed a crime when they did not present themselves for registration within 20 days after the 2nd email was sent to them. Immaterial if they received it or not, they are deemed to have got it, and therefore they are now effectively draft dodgers. And black listed for any transactions in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

First updates on the Deep State maps since the offensive began in Zaporozhye.

Lobkove has moved into the gray zone.

Neskuchne and Blahodatne also in the grey zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Rawr

Noticed that on Deep State just now too. They are certainly much better at updating than the LiveUA maps I’d been using until recently.

I’m going to guess that there might be a bit of a delay on these and that this is the front line from a couple of days ago. They might be deeper in now.

The situation here and now will have changed dramatically ( Ukraine in NATO ? but even without_) in the next few years, especially if/when Ukraine wins. Its unlikely that the same political set up will exist in Russia for one thing, and its economic ability to rearm and build up a new military force capable of taking on any of the Baltic states, especially Ukraine and Poland will be miniscule. Each and every Country bordering Russia will be armed to the teeth, and with a changed EU and definitely more aggressive, less forgiving EU. Russia will never again get away with what it was allowed to do in the past, nuclear weapons or no nuclear weapons. There's still lots of death and destruction left in Putins Russia ( unfortunately ) but the boil has to be lanced and lanced now, regardless of the hard price it will take. There's no way to avoid it, and postponing it will not make it go away. Having said that, there are signs of success starting to emerge,

• Advertisement

Yes that's what Putin's factory of lies managers Solovyov, Simonyan et al keep telling the masses and anyone else who will listen. But I think that even they are now disillusioned too. They are definitely getting more desperate, all the arrogant talk that was there at the start of the invasion and for a long time afterwards is now replaced with "Patriotic" lay down your life for the motherland type imploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Rawr

I suspect we’ll start to see things kicking off in some of the frozen conflicts Moscow engineered.

• Transnistria might not be a thing anymore if the Russian «peace keeping» mission there collapses. Moldova and/or Ukraine might go in and end Russian military control there.
    • Armenia is already seen to try to distance themselves from Russia and try to normalise relations with Azerbaijan. Without the Russians to back them up the Armenian population in Nagorno Karabakh will likely be unable to prevent the Azeris from imposing thier control on them.
    • The 2 Russian-backed break-away Republics in Georgia might no longer have the means to prevent Tiblisi from trying to get those areas back. Georgia has been flurting with the idea of EU & NATO membership and might actually get some help with this if Ukraine goes well in the end.

That’s not even mentioning the various «Russian» Republics who might take a shot at getting free from Moscow in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

The parallels with Stalin continue. The scorched earth retreat worked in 1941, but the US and UK are backing the other team this time.

Just from a moral perspective you couldn't even buy a Golf Tour to wash this much blood away.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah the Russians back then also blew a dam in retreat.

With Russia ( and Putin) out of the equation, you might see a lot more than that around the world, when Putin's tentacles start to dry up and fall off. God only knows just how deep and how far they reach, even in seemingly harmless organizations and societies'. He's an evil presence in the world, him and his cronies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ramasun

I didn't know there were dams to blow back then but it fits with the strategy of laying waste to their own people leaving nothing behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

No only non-lethal aid such as body armour protection, medical packs. Treatment of wounded. Also training in land mine clearance.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭macraignil

I don't think the Irish army had much to give anyway. I think there was some report of some training they gave to Ukrainians in mine clearing but open to correction on that. I think this war showing so much development of drone technology for military use there should be some move to bring the Irish armed forces up to date on this. Government here claims to be in favour of Ireland being a leader in technology worldwide but seems to have done nothing to learn from the technology being used on the front lines in Ukraine. Tried to start a discussion on that here but did not get much positive response.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,928 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ukraine confirmed losing up to 3x Leopard 2A6's and 11x Bradley's (possibly more) it's going to be very tough for them and I suspect losses will be significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Sigma101

It's not even funny. It's just moronic. People who post this sort of sh:t think this war is some sort of a game. 

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

If anyone thinks Putin is going to be happy with a few bits of land...you simply cannot have been paying attention to the man. 

He has already openly declared his intention to take back the entire old USSR bloc, as a Russian Empire. If we let him achieve that with capitulation he would not stop. He has declared his desire for a new World Order, and even if he did take peace now (and when have the Russians asked for peace?) it would simply be because it suited his goals and would give him time to reconstitute his army...ready for the next phase go.

We are at a point where the collective democratic world can stand up and show that aggression like this will be stopped. The alternative is a "Peace" that will enable the Russians to continue their rape, torture, murder, child abductions and genocide in comfort, and 5-10 years of tension before Russia crushes Ukraine and moves on another country such as Moldova, Georgia, and Kazakhstan. Lithuania, Bosnia etc. could be targets. 

If you change ''Crimea'' to Sudetenland and ''Russian'' to German, then you have a perfect example of what happens when you trade land for peace. It was called the Munich agreement, and how did that go again?

Better to take a stand together now because if we allow Putin to crush Ukraine it would eventually be NATO soldiers on the front line, and even a conventional war would be an absolute disaster for us and Europe.

Putin only understands strength, so this never ends until Russia is stopped. On Ukrainian terms - not Russian terms, not on sympathisers terms. We owe the Ukrainians so much for being at the vanguard of the free world’s defence.

Have a listen to this actual Russian TV program and what presenter says about Ukraine, then think about the people who are Russian sympathisers aka Nazis, the Claire Daly's with their whataboutism and bothsides bullshit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

And theres a strong chance that this still isnt the start of the offensive proper ..

It seems a lot of the disabled vehicles were mine damaged so there'll probably be a change in their mine clearing techniques .. ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

A long time coming. I wouldn't be surprised to see most nations currently seen as friendly to Russia start to sanction as a means of nuclear disarmament. China would certainly benefit from this.

Basically, once the war is over, Russia will be financially ruined with the only way back into the markets would be to give up the nukes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Russia is feiced financially, but i cant see them giving up their nukes , they may reduce their programs, essential maintenance may cease , but still as a deterrence theyre still effective ,

And its the only willy waving ability they have left ..

Who'd take the chance that 1 in 10 of their nukes work .

Russia will be a price taker from china , pretty much Chinas Bitch..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,107 ✭✭✭threeball

Once the Ukrainians breach these frontline fortifications the Russians are in serious bother. They don't have a mobile enough artillery to reposition easily. They don't have enough troops to cover the occupied ground either so I think you'll see recon groups of up to 20 soldiers probing far in advance of the main attack force, carrying manpads with the specific task of taking out as many helicopters and jets as possible. Once the russian air cover is withdrawn due to the danger of losing the remainder of their air force then Ukraine will push forward at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Modern Russia does a 180 when it discovers it's founders were Gay.

Putin apologises for his governments persecution of non heterosexuals. Putin himself comes out of the closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭strathspey

Bet you, they'll be trying to claim asylum forthwith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Yeah but if china in particular sees an opportunity to weaken a nuclear neighbour I wouldn't rule it out. Russia will have to give something to return to the international community and its population has seen enough prosperity that crippingling sanctions could well be enough to willingly agree to at least reduce if not disarm completely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement