Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TFI Leap 90 Question (using the Phoenix Park Tunnel)

• 10-06-2023 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Does the TFI Leap 90 fare apply on train journeys that use the Phoenix Park Tunnel? For example from Adamstown to Connolly?

I would've assumed it did as they are both within zones 1-4 of the Short Hop Zone. But I was talking to a local taxi driver recently and he was adamant that there was some exception to the rule and that it didn't apply to trains using the Phoenix Park Tunnel.

I e-mailed Irish Rail to ask the question but I got such a vague wishy-washy reply that I am none the wiser.

When I use the fare calculator on the Irish Rail website (using Adamstown to Connolly) it says "Sorry, no ticketing or pricing information is available for your query. However, please contact us to assist you with your query."

Plus, there is a further line (that I don't fully understand) that says "*Please note: Passengers travelling from the Sallins and Dublin Heuston line to the Dublin Connolly line have the option to travel by Rail via Tunnel, LUAS or Bus. The Add On Fare is an additional Single €1.40 or Return €2.70"

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes, TFI 90 minute fare does apply to all trains through the Phoenix Park Tunnel where journeys start from another station within the short hop zone.

Your adamant taxi driver is wrong.

The LEAP fare from Adamstown to all other Short Hop railway stations is EUR 2, with the exception of journeys to Kilcock, Skerries, Balbriggan, Greystones or Kilcoole, which are EUR 3.90.

The add-on fares from Sallins no longer apply since it was added to the Short Hop Zone. It is EUR 2 from there as far as Parkwest, EUR 3 to Heuston and EUR 3.90 to all other stations.

All of those fares would allow for 90 minutes unlimited travel across LUAS and city buses from the moment you tag on at Sallins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Yeah, I travel Hazelhatch to Connolly and Luas to Point Depot, €2 on the 90 minute fair. The Leap App tells you how long you have left within the 90 minutes, if you tap your card to your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭delboy85

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

I have one further question. If I am travelling by rail from Adamstown to Bray (changing to the Dart in Connolly), do I simply tap in at Adamstown and tap out at Bray?

Or do I need to tap out at Connolly and tap back in for the Dart?

As the entire journey is within the short hop zone, just tap in at the start of the journey and tap out at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭delboy85

Thanks LXFlyer.

The Leap 90 fare really is excellent value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 PeterWillis

you got good answers to your question!

It certainly is - it makes travel around the city much more affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PeterWillis

Does the TFI Leap 90 fare apply on train journeys that use the Phoenix Park Tunnel? For example from Adamstown to Connolly? I would've assumed it did as they are both within zones 1-4 of the Short Hop Zone. But I was talking to a local taxi driver recently and he was adamant that there was some exception to the rule and that it didn't apply to trains using the Phoenix Park Tunnel. I e-mailed Irish Rail to ask the question but I got such a vague wishy-washy reply that I am none the wiser. When I use the fare calculator on the Irish Rail website (using Adamstown to Connolly) it says "Sorry, no ticketing or pricing information is available for your query. However, please contact us to assist you with your query."This platform https://actirelandwales.com/ offers a seamless and responsive experience, ensuring your actions are met with quick and efficient responses. Dublin Connolly line have the option to travel by Rail via Tunnel, LUAS or Bus. The Add On Fare is an additional Single €1.40 or Return €2.70" Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Thank you for asking this question, thanks to you I now know the answer too!!👏 

Advertisement