Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of my sibs has,

a busted toaster and did an online search to find a new one, walked out of several shops bc the prices on the shelves are different to the one online, needing to be talked out of buying the first and more expensive ones he sees as he walks into his fave supermarket, given out all yesterday afternoon/evening.

Washed the brand-new toaster bc one of his kids passed the comment that the toaster smelled strongly of plastic!

No doubt a much-exeragrated version of this tale will be on its way to me shortly.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Flies in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I can swim, but I haven't learned to swim efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Oh it's way down the backlog now. Got disk version too, on XSX for 15 quid. I know it's a long repetitive game, but I'll just drop in and out of it. Beautiful games to look at and lots of "history" (if completely over the top and incorrect in places).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had 100 hours logged in it when I stopped playing it to play something else and I wasn't even half way through it 😵.

Ta'd at broken sleep, waking constantly during the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Ar*ehole neighbours and their friends who park anywhere inc in front of driveways.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This seems to be a recent phenomenon… it’s annoying as hell. More people, more cars, more competition for parking but grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

GAA commentators pronouncing Walsh as Welsh

People who don't separate their upstairs recycling. Literally everyone I know does it downstairs but pretty much every house I visit has a bathroom bin full of loo roll cores, empty shampoo/conditioner/shower gel bottles etc. Pure laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I’m not a supervisor , just an office drone. I was supervisor in previous roles but stepped down as I didn’t want the stress

My TA is a chap in the office who is determined to “hang” everyone. There was an issue with an internal report. Honestly it’s no big issue, it’s all internal and some parts had to be fixed, all good

The chap hung me out to dry “dear mike in future discuss with your managers the correct options are selected” and cc’ed half the world. Three VP’s and two Senior VP’s??? He could not walk to my desk and talk to me?

I do not even know what this report even is, reporting is his job. My VP emailed him and said the report is his job

I note the chap is working here 15 years and our American website asks people to sign his card. Not one person signed. I ain’t suprised 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My TA - we cant go 5 weeks without rain and my patients are looking for a drop of rain for the garden or farmers etc. FFS, build bigger reservoirs not pray for rain after 5 lousy weeks. What do people in Australia do when it doesn’t rain for 5 months, not weeks. Give irish water a shovel and tell them to start digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I went to the shop and some fecker has taken my parking spot outside my house

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

If it's any consolation, the people he is cc'ing will most likely think he is an idiot for doing that.

I know the type though and it is annoying. It makes me really disrespect someone.

They were probably a tell tale tattle at school too and their teachers couldn't stand them. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Australia is used to long spells with no rain. We have experienced a few weeks without rain for the past 2 years so it may become a pattern.

But our gardens and farms have operated on a fairly wet climate until now. I think it’s too soon to dig in irrigation pipes.

A few showers would be welcome for farmers, and vegetable growing. Lawns and the ubiquitous flower meadows will survive.

Sure what else would we talk about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was gaining a lot of confidence in my new role at work. I spent an entire week on my own in one of the department sections and things went really well. This was until Friday afternoon when I had a mini run in with one of the department managers who was extremely intimidating and condescending towards me. I was so upset from the incident that I immediately reported it to my supervisor. I was really looking forward to spending this week on my own in a more challenging area up until that moment. I'm absolutely dreading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Seneca the Stoic

Imelda May’s poetry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭pgj2015

illegal number plates that are tinted, the blue part changed to black to match the black car, the IRL replaced with the BMW symbol etc those awful German plates on Irish cars.

And the fact most Guards probably wave them through in a check point without telling them to change them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mosquito bites. And having to sit on a soaking wet car seat because I left the car windows open half a millimitre and a sudden, heavy shower managed to make its way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

These are a godsend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes, I'm sure they are, but my bum was sitting in a damp spot both yesterday evening and this morning, so it's a bit late for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Young lady on an e-scooter weaving through the traffic the wrong way on a one way street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Businesses just seem to have lost the run of themselves….

employee of an electronics company who deal with healthcare products who my old man is dealing with “ yes the product is faulty and you are entitled to a refund or replacement. “

24 hours later his boss on the phone, no apology, “it’s actually just out of warranty ( by a week ) you won’t get a refund or replacement but we’ll try and send it to the manufacturer to repair it and we’ll charge you, it might be roughly the cost of a new unit ”.

call me old fashioned but if that first employee in error, made a commitment in error, then the company might give said employee necessary feedback and in addition stick with the commitment….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This from some info I was reading re "older women" returning to work or work standard clothes.

1. Underwear should not be visible at any time! choose your outfits for the week when you have time to try on all outfits to check your underwear isn't viable. Pay particular attention to vpl or bra marks.

WTF

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

The feeling of that styrofoam packaging. Just had a takeaway burger and it was in one of those containers and i hate the feel of it.🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Online shops that make you work for it.

Seriously at this stage, websites that keep on "jumping" or make you press return more than once , reloading the page each time you enter data....

First world problems I know....but it shouldn't be that difficult....I'm handing you my money please take it 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Met Eireann's sat images 30 mins out of date. When you go to the forecast for rain which is 15 mins away the forecast is way off.

Just updated and now 20 mins out

That's just common sense for anyone in an office regardless of age or gender. What's your issue, exactly?

• Advertisement

Not having a go at you, I'm honestly wondering.

Visible as in exposed, fair enough, but visible as in not being able to tell whether you're wearing any? What are you supposed to wear, thongs and breast tape? If you're wearing a support bra or even a tshirt bra (not everyone can manage with flimsy stuff) and cotton pants, it's very possible the elastic bands can be seen as a "dent" on the surface of the fabric of the outer clothes. Maybe they should focus more on having staff look at each other's faces instead of focusing on each other's underwear?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement