Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Yes quite the change and understated my Met Eireann. However once we lose the Southerly tomorrow things should improve quite quickly. All about the onshore wind/Humidity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A more even spread of warmth today with most stations around the 20 degree mark at 11am. Dull however in the south with Waterford Airport reporting just 5km visibility in mist and cloud at 200 feet

EIWF 111000Z 21006KT 180V240 5000 BR BKN002 16/16 Q1015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Some pockets of sunshine but mostly cloudy across the island

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

There is a dead heat out there this morning, it is actually unbelievable.

I say that after coming home from sun holiday, can't believe it and when sun comes out it is absolutely sweltering.

Two loads of washing out on line and just about to put third one out, bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭glightning

Yep, it's very close today. Love it. Already up to 22c here under cloud. Sun now starting to break through. Should be decently sunny here in Co.Antrim later on. Should feel very warm later.

• Advertisement

The eastern half of NI should become sunny in the next two hours as the bank of cloud in the Irish Sea is readily breaking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭esposito

Yeah I’m loving it. I know it’s not for everyone but I’m so glad to lose that pesky easterly wind which made it cool to cold in Dublin last week and the week before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The easterly was nice at first when we had sunny days but it completely overstayed it's welcome over the past week when it brought nothing else but cold, windy and cloudy weather over the past week.

It's much warmer now but I don't think we're going to see much in the way of sunshine this week either with cloudy weather expected alot of the time with temperatures generally in the 20 to 24C range over the coming week. A few places could hit 25 or 26C if there are any decent spells of sunshine.

The models backtracked on the high twenties which were being shown all week until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭esposito

Mid 20s is nothing to be sniffed at, especially for June.

I’m very curious to see what July has in store for us. Will the Atlantic come back and give us cool showery weather or will high pressure remain close to us giving us warm dry weather and the potential for 30c +

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Mid 20s with constant cloud is a bit shite tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Sun is out in galway city now and it is absolutely sweltering. Feels much hotter in the sun than it did last week, mad the difference humidity makes!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So it looks like the drought could be over in the West and Midlands by tomorrow. As for July, I think we could well get more of this humid crap well into July. I don't think we will see any sustained Atlantic breakdown, rather brief unsettled periods with heavy and Thundery showers at times due to a low to the south west pitted against the blocking high to the north. Of course it could go pear shaped, in that we end up with the low being too much of a player, this could result in a sustained wet period due to a slow moving pattern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭compsys

It's finally breached 20º at DA and along much of the East coast. I'm loving it.

I've had my fix of (cool) sunny days. Now I want some actual heat - even if it is cloudy.

Besides, I'm sure many areas will still see a bit of sun over the coming week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Have to agree, I just want warm weather from now on even if its cloudy. Low 20s most days between now and August with a few days of mid to high twenties in between. Everywhere should see some sun over the coming week just don't expect unbroken sunshine. Had enough of the cool weather of the past few weeks but at same time do not want to see a return of the Atlantic any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just out and about so many people are saying it’s too humid and warm - let’s have a good thunder storm and fresh gales of wind

Same here today. It was very warm and heavy this morning (20c at 10am) without the sun. Once the sun came out this afternoon we shot up to 24c and it just felt so strong today. Felt like the way the sun feels abroad. Very intense. Loved it to be honest!

We now have much improved visibility here right now. Can easily see 30 miles or more. In fact, can see cloud tops from the Scotland and the Isle of Man from here right now (checked against Sat 24). And the blue sky moving in looks very dry and deep blue.

County Antrim

Dew points in this area are a very nice 15c to 17c right now too. Happy days. I love the summery feel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Dazler97

24c here in carrick but with the humidity it feels like 30c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Unfortunately it will stay humid after the thunderstorms. Its going to be humid all week. I would love it to stay settled but with fresher air and slightly lower temperatures. However I fear much of this summer could be humid and sticky.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I can understand if you don't like heat and humidity. But it does make you feel like in a different country when it's here. It's not to everyone's taste I know though. Interestingly, despite the humidity remaining high here the sky has become crisp blue with strong sun this afternoon here. Gone is the hazy cloudy muck.

Hopefully bodes well for heat and storms this week. Stronger insolation.

Most of the east coast of Ireland seems to be getting this clearer air now according to Sat 24

Central England getting pasted by those storms right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Turned into a pretty decent day in Cork in the end. Quite warm and bit of sun coming through at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Warm 23c in Sligo again but very little sun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭pad199207

The farming weather today stated spells of rain and unsettled into the weekend and cooler.

The pulled that back for the 6.1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just as the cloud clears away, the seafog rolls in.

Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Beautiful evening here near trim. The clouds have cleared and lovely warm hazy sunshine. Out in the garden enjoying the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Gone from 23c to 16c in an hour and light rain in Sligo as NW sets in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Stunning evening Meath. Sun beaming in to garden. Phone says 23⁰.

Heard of rain in Ballinsloe Galway but can't see it on radar. It shows up further up from there. Also rain south Linerick but not on radar.

Didn't do much in that initial humidity of the day. Too hot for me. Ha ha enjoying the garden all day.

Advertisement