Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2023 ( Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Heartbreaking for Galway

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Some finish - heartbreak for Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That was absolutely ridiculous by the Galway defender. Kicking the sliotar and making a mess of it straight to the Kilkenny player. Should have picked it up and hit it down the field and the game would have been over. That's an awful way to lose in the end. Sickening!

Only seen the replay there. Didn't realize he had lost his hurley. Even more devastating. Still an awful kick though. Nothing compared to the kick in the balls received by Galway after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

"How sweet 'tis to roam by the sunny Suir stream,

And hear the dove's coo 'neath the morning's sunbeam.

Where the thrush and the robin their sweet notes combine

On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin.

Flow on, lovely river, flow gently along.

By your waters so sweet sounds the lark's merry song.

On your green banks I'll wander where first I did join

With you, lovely Molly, the Rose of Mooncoin.

Oh Molly, dear Molly, it breaks my fond heart,

To know that we two for ever must part

I will think of you, Molly, while sun and moon shines

On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Embarrassing final few seconds from Galway. Multiple opportunities to clear that sliotar and repeatedly panicked, and as for that kick….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭French Toast

He had no hurley, all he could do was to try and kick it clear.

Somewhat self inflicted but sickening none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

You forgot to say 'Great advertisement for hurling' THIS iS LEINSTER HURLING.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Hats off to Sean stack reffing. Hes been the best for a while now and is finally getting recognition. Not the type of lad to give silly self serving interviews or throw the toys out of the pram.

Now that was a close game. You never got the feeling Clare would win but i couldnt call that one.

Wow wee. Leinster hurling. What an occasion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Galway absolutely dead on their feet there at the end. That’s gonna be tough to get over now for 2 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

A lads that's heartbreaking for Galway. Sickening after the work they did to comeback. That scrum out near the sideline all Galway had to do clear it out over the sideline or endline. Anything to get a tiny breather. And then the wild kick? Tired legs and minds can do anything. But the Kilkenny tackling was savage and the cats are never beaten and the kings of winning tight matches. Some goal by Buckley. The cats have done it again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Quitelife

What a day of Hurling on the TV , 2 cliffhanger finish’s in both finals with some outstanding scores in both games .

Well done to Limerick , Clare , Kilkenny & Galway hurlers !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Even if he picked it up and gave away a free it would have been a better thing to do. If kicked it over his own bar they would have won… in front of his own goal … mother a god

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yes my man of the match Conor Whelan has come in at 7/1. Nice end to a great days hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Some drama some day of hurling.

But we badly need a new winner in Leinster. Galway could have given the provincial a massive shot in the arm.

Please God next year's final is 2 of Dublin, Wexford and Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

I watched last night the rising moon.

Upon a foreign strand,

Till mem’ries came like flowers in June, Of home and fatherland ;

I dreamt I was a child once more, Beside the rippling rill,

When first I saw, in days of yore. The moon behind the hill.

It brought me back the visions grand That purpled boyhood’s dreams.

Its youthful loves, its happy land, As bright as morning beams ;

It brought me back my own sweet Nore, The castle and the mill,

Until my eyes could see no more The moon behind the hill. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Overall Kilkenny deserved it.

Galway doing what Galway have always done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

He could have illegally picked it off the ground, conceding the free in and mors than likely have been a better decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,329 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A fine game for the neutrals and as a lifelong Wexford fan, I can only sympathise with Galway for getting robbed by a Cat Burglar at the death! (Even if it was a shocking bit of defence when it mattered)

Bring on the All Ireland series!

He had time to flick it up but tiredness makes you do silly things, all he had in his head was to get it away from the goal.

Galway came back from 8 down to be two ahead, which will be something that they need to take from the game

Love Cantwell putting Tyrell on the spot there, who did you pick as man of the match? 😂

• Advertisement

Tired legs and minds. Roasting day. Desperate for the final whistle. Yes it can happen. Feel for the lad he'll be hurting bigtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

If anything he caught the sliotar too well with that kick....Galway's status as a dual county coming back to haunt them

Whole lot will be, one of the Galway corner backs came right across the shot and got nothing on it, unsighted the keeper a bit as well but it was a decent strike as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭tranquilo

Dallas to Hong Kong, Sydney to Kenya, they're on the edge of their seats. Leinster hurling. There is no rival.

Wouldn’t see either of those teams being too far behind Limerick tbh.

So it's the winners of Dublin v Carlow v Clare and Tipp v Offaly play Galway.

Going on form it could be a Clare v Kilkenny semi and Tipp v Limerick (i don't think can be a Clare v Limerick semi final as played in Munster final but not sure).

Heating up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

As with additional time in every sport that has it, it’s AT LEAST x amount of minutes to be added. The referee has discretion to add on as little or as much time as he wants beyond the x number of minutes in which case it was 5 today.

Clare absolutely can have complaints. No matter what transpired over the course of the previous 74 minutes, a shoulder into the face is a free whether a team is winning or losing by 1 point or 20 points. The rules of the game are the rules of the game. To suggest otherwise is total bolloçks. I’m not a Clare man, but Jesus it’s getting very frustrating watching Limerick come out on the right side of these decisions time and time again when they matter most.

HELLO CILLIAN BUCKLEY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Jock_Ewing

It's definitely, probably one of the greatest days for Cillian Buckley in GAA circumstances 😂

To paraphrase the great Eddie Moroney, who was done out of the Munster final commentary by Marty Morrissey, again😡

Advertisement