Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Any decent tickets floating around this morning? Or will I go back to Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

What are the potential changes before throw in? Hate this dummy team craic

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Go on then.... What are the "well known" changes? ....

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corner back 2

John Fogarty from the examiner on Twitter says a number of changes expected to Kilkenny line up. No mention of what they are and nothing in the replies. Could be speculation or maybe he has a source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

Not much on the bench to spIce it up tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Heard Michael Carey might not start. Pulled up training the other night. Not sure if it was an injury or if its even true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Well according to the post from @KK36 last night, the changes are "well known"

🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Mikey Carey and Richie Reid out and cian Kenny and Fogarty in

That seriously weakens Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

• Advertisement

Unfortunate if this is the case but the game is still there to be won. Now is the time for Cody, mossy, Ryan etc to be opening up. We're well capable of winning today

Midfield seems to be bypassed. Need kenny and fogarty in the game more. Exposed for Galways goal. Between deegan and lawlor one of them should have called.mossy a loss going off but id say the hamstring or whatever he suffered again Wexford hasn't come right. Wally coming in and scoring 1-01 has been good. Need more from Cody. TJ covering a lot of ground. Donnelly needs a better 2nd half. The game is there to be won. Full back line, aside from the goal, doing well. Lawlor made a couple of great catches and set the team up. If wally can pull right out wide away from their spare man ge could go very well in the 2nd half. Might see buckley come in to midfield to replace fogarty or kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭kksaints

Draw at halftime. Mixed bag both in defence and in attack. Billy Ryan and Donnelly have been very poor, Eoin Cody and TJ have been good. Defending was poor for goal and the half back line is giving Mannion a lot of space but there hasn't been a goal chance other than the goal. Does feel like we have more of a goal threat although the execution needs to improve, too often it falls apart at the critical point. Could go either way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭murtyd17

Galway by 2 - need a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭murtyd17

Holy fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Buckley is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

It would have been a terrible game to lose, it was a sweet victory. I thought Kilkenny had thrown it away with some very poor wides and seemingly running out of steam. Cillian Buckley had a very good cameo even without the goal. Blanchfield was excellent as well as being involved in 2 goals. Eoin Cody was the best of the forwards, Huw Lawlor was excellent. I thought Tom Phelan and John Donnelly left some scores behind them and Billy Ryan struggled, maybe Billy Drennan could start the next day, Adrian Mullen would be a huge boost.Have to think it will be Clare again in the semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

The changes that happened were all the county yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Never in doubt.

Robbed em, let's be honest, but how we let an 8 point lead slip in the first place is criminal. Just put Lawlor back on Cooney 5 mins earlier and we're not in that position in my opinion.

But none of that matters now. A glorious way to win a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mistermiyagi

Brilliant touch by Eoin Cody to mention Teddy Mac in his winners speech.

Didn't have to, wasn't even done in Munster, but to think of Teddy at that moment, bearing in mind the helter skelter finish, was very classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Yes it was a good speech. Impressive to mention Teddy MCcarthy and his family. He also said some nice words about Mikey Carey that i'm sure he would have appreciated looking in from home.

Great game, really enjoyed it. Henry was far to negative with Galway. Hue Lawlor and TJ are 2 super players. Really dragged Kilkenny over the line. Blanchfield is a serious player. Now 4 weeks to prepare for Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭kksaints

And I was going to criticise Lyng for bringing on the elder players to close out the match which clearly didn't work! Huge win, Buckley placed his finish brilliantly right in the corner. Cody was the best of the forwards, ball wasn't always brilliant to him but he made as much of it as he could. Wally also had a fine game. Billy Ryan and Donnelly were disappointing. Blanchfield is a loose marker but his use of the ball is great and him and Mikey Butler running up the flank for the 3rd goal was brilliant. Tommy Walsh struggled in the last 10 minutes and we wouldn't want to leave him 1on1 with his marker too often in the future. Cian Kenny hurled well in flashes, Fogarty didn't do much and he really shouldn't be starting but we are lacking midfield options.

But they're worries for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hogans heroes

Surely Billy ryan cant be given anymore, chances, tommy walsh is the weakest link in the full back line.but heart, determination is still all there with this team.savage win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bazng

🏆🏆

Post edited by Bazng on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭kk.man

Yeah I saw Galway targeted him.. so did limerick last year from memory but hey that was some win today well worth the entrance fee. Things are looking better.

Tommy has had 2 very tough days. Kevin Cooney had him in trouble every time in the 2nd half.Huw switched over for the last few mins but it was nearly too late. Scruff will be dissapointed he went down to early for the 2nd goal.Deegan was caught for the goal but ive seen us giving this type of goal away for years. 2 lads going for the one ball is a sin at this level.lawlor was excellent. Corcoran also struggled and I thought galway went after him aswell.

I know 8 points isn't a huge lead anymore but they got that goal from nothing to get back into it and we probably shouldn't of let them back but Cooney was destroying us and whelan was un markable. Butler picked up Whelan near the end.

Our subs contributed alot which Is great but we were very slow to replace one or two lads who weren't good. Delighted to see drennan get a point.

Mikey Carey,Richie Reid,mossy and hopefully Adrian mullen would be a huge help and the 4 week break is crucial for us. We usually manage it very well.

What a way to win the Leinster final. Was in section 406 in the cusack and there seemed to be all Galway around us but when buckley got the goal it was unbelievable. Some criticism of tommy walsh here but I thought he did well enough. Lawlor excellent as was butler. Deegan was kind of bypassed a lot, especially in the 2nd half. Corcoran did ok in the 1st half but his lack of pace was a big worry in the 2nd half. Buckley did well when introduced and brought a bit of pace there. Blanchfield I thought was outstanding along with Lawlor and butler.

Midfield struggled today. A couple ogood points for Kenny but overall he struggled. Had a few opportunities to put the ball over the bar but wanted to take it further and got caught. Fogarty struggled to get into the game. The same with donnelly. He got a point I think but could easily have gotten 3 or 4 more. Phelan decent but needs to score a few every day he lines out. Walter when introduced was good I thought. Still has the pace with ball in hand.

Mossy unlucky with the injury. Cody good again today. We probably didn't feed him enough. He was being pulled and dragged all over the place. TJ covered an amount of ground and played well. Couple of frees went astray but you can't get them all. Billy Ryan got some good possession but couldn't convert what he got. If he could get the ball in his hand as quick as Cody he would give himself a much better platform for scores. Delighted to see drennan getting what turned out to be a crucial point.

All in all a excellent way to win and with 4 weeks to get mullen, reid and Carey primed we will look forward to hitting most likely clare again with butler probably taking the role of man marking Tony Kelly.

Great result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Well done……

Advertisement