Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭chases0102

Have two Clare End tickets, looking to swap for City End if anyone is interested please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭TTTT

No tickets showed up around here. No reward for going to all the other games when others can parachute in for the final. I'll go to the semi (and quarter too ) and be in the same position too for the final.

Pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

same up here , if i didnt have a season ticket i would have struggled to get one for sunday , its not easy , lads up here getting tickets in fours and fives that haven't seen a hurl since the 90s , who you know not how you support ,

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭another36

Agree it requires 30 plus needed to win. Hopefully we all get the battle it's being billed as!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,691 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭Figerty

There is always that option 🤣 not sure it's going to happen, but it would do my ulcer a favour if we didn't have a close last 10 minutes and were in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

The ticket situation for a finish was varied , many people got one but not the two they were looking for. Some of the rural clubs weren’t too bad ticket wise despite been short but very big issue in the city as there only is 6 or 7 clubs who already have lots of members to try sort but there are loads more from the city not members of clubs who go to limerick matchs regularly.Big difference between Na Piarsaigh getting 120 tickets and 700 looking for them and a rural club getting 120 and 200 looking for them .

Many people that have no tickets are going out in the city regardless with pubs open early for match so a busy busy day in Limerick Ciitty kids !!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭TTTT

No. Didn't even get a text or email to let me know I was unsuccessful. Bought all the other tickets from Ticketmaster and Centra as club didn't bother getting them for round robin either. Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Greensoup

clare end terrace ticket to go.

Post edited by Greensoup on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭einn32

Mulcahy and Reidy in for Casey and O Neill. Maybe they have knocks or it's tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Yeah we're not playing well in general and looked gassed on the 30 minute mark! I reckon Hegarty will get another yellow.

Incredible!! I'm in shock! Either side could have won it. Not a great game overall but we worked so hard! Lot of players quiet. We found a way in the end. Hayes and Gillane were my stand outs. Reidy grew in to it. Hegarty played well enough. Tom Morrissey quiet enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Congrats lads. 12 finals under Kiely. Just the 12 wins. 100% success rate. Not bad to be fair 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Great win and fantastic to win 5 munsters in a row, gillane, Hayes and reidy very good, hannon, Burnes, morrissey, Flanagan, hegarty poor and WOD poor hurler but great battler, we are gone fierce bad to win aerial ball this year in half back and forward lines, still a lot of improvement needed before we can think about retaining liam, sorry for rant but well done and limerick ABU

Just Home -great match and incredible excitement- the crowd erupting in the city end after Aaron Gillane goal and the scenes after the game will live long in the memory of those lucky enough to be there today - Limerick 5 in a row Munsters

could be a Limerick v Clare all ireland final yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I mean, Clare have the winners of Carlow vs Dublin in their 1/4 final. They have a pretty nice route. They’ll obviously fancy either winner of the Leinster final then

Clare be playing Dublin

Tipperary be playing Galway

Thinks that’s it unless Carlow or Offaly pull a big surprise

Thankfully they got there in the end but feel that the improvement didn't fully come across the team. Such small margins, Clare were wasteful at times with their patches of play which ensured they never fully dominated. True Champions come through but teams are starting to catch up.

My gut tells me we are going for round 3 in July. But then again Clare could bottle it for rest of season they have form for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

well done today lads , great game , both teams probably have a bit more in them but the sapping heat had a lot to do with it , from a limerick point of view i imagine the likes of gillane tom Morrisey will O'Donovan and barry nash are the toast of the county tonight

nash should have won hurler of the year by now hes something else , people will think we were crazy giving ye home advantage , but it worked in our favor , created a huge level of anticipation over the last two weeks , we nearly outnumbered ye in support for a finish which would not have happened if the game was on in thurles or cork

no complaints we lost the battle between the two 65s when the game was in the balance tony, cathal malone and john conlon were doing the work of 8 men for the last 1/4 and that was the killer for us , if the free had been given at the end i would still be skeptical about us seeing it out

as for declan hannon , i feared for his career in 2013 when he had the worst game of his life against us , he put up with some abuse after it , today people are asking is he sick of wining , he was around for the darkest of days that will always drive him on

ye put on a good event too , north limerick city was hopping today craic was mighty , hopefully it becomes a more regular event , you are now the joint best team ever to come out of munster tonight , enjoy it lads well done

The City was brilliant yesterday evening. Was great to see all the pubs with big crowds outside enjoying the sun.

Just drew Laois in the Tailteann Cup.

Home venue for topping the group.

• What price the double 🤔

The double is just short of 13/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Not a bet i'll be doing anyway. I'm happy enough with my Conor Whelan Man of the Match at 7/1 yesterday. I'll wait until somethong sparks my interest.

• Advertisement

Limericks semi final is on the saturday of semi finals weekend July 8th , gives the team just under 4 weeks between Munster final and all ireland semi final .seems like a manageable period for such an experienced team .

Galway or Tipperary by the looks of it . I wouldn’t write off Dublin the other side against Clare .

Advertisement