Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Teo-Taylor Saturday. Pretty big fight. Was reading Ring article that analysed the fight and gave its picks. All 20 analysts/pundits asked are picking Taylor to win.

fook it: Teo via KO for me!!!

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Butson

Great fight.

On the surface, Teo seems to be a bit of a mess in his personal life, mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Has anyone seen Callum Walsh fight? Is he a legitimate prospect or nah? He is fighting Carson Jones tonight. Haven't heard of Carson Jones in 10 years.

He’s been looking very impressive on offence, but as always, best to wait until he fights an actual decent boxer/fighter. Carson is a half decent test really. Crafty lad who can take a punch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Teo looks and sounds messed up and he seems to have struggled more than Taylor to make 140. I see Taylor stopping him or giving him a solid points defeat.

I don’t think Teo stripping to make weight is a possible indicator that he struggled more to make 140 compared to Taylor. I think he may have deliberately chose to come in bang on 140 lbs to possibly play lil mins games. Either to lul Taylor into thinking he struggled, or to show Taylor that he’s a proper 140 lber

god I hope Taylor gets stuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I’ve backed Taylor but he has the demeanour of a guy who is about to learn a very harsh reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Lopez has lost a tonne of advantages since he's moved up to 140. Reminds me a bit of Mikey Garcia in that way. Explosive puncher at 135 but nowhere near the same force after moving up. Feel very confident in a Taylor win.

I fancy Taylor to win comfortably. Not sure Teofimo should be fighting.

Adrien Broner looked horrible in the comeback fight he had on a Don King card last night. He has nothing left to offer.

• Advertisement

Nobody has any idea how a 16 months layoff and Taylor still making 140 has affected him.

Personally I think his rise to undisputed was the easiest journey ever to undisputed. And I don’t think all that much about the opponents and their almost perfect records.

Teo could surprise him

Sunny Edwards is like a pound shop version of Pernell Whittaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The commentator said he’s the arguably the uk pound for pound fighter right now, he was not great to watch at all tonight

someone said he’s a modern day prince naseem fmd

The internet isn’t for everyone

Hamed could punch though…Edwards is just not very good, any relentless hard punching fighter will humble him.

Those little boy fights do nothing for me.

Teofimo beating Josh Taylor up.

Edit: Teofimo dominated the fight, hurt Taylor repeatedly. Teofimo won at least 9 rounds.

Post edited by Robert Nairac on

Very good fight.

two surprises: Taylor better than I thought he would be, and Teo much better than I thought he would be

clear win. Teo landed much cleaner and harder throughout. And excellent stamina

Taylor is not near as good as some make out. Said he had no excuses about ten times, yet the subtle “I’ll move up to 147.” Wait for it, in a few days the excuses will flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Not a bad call. Why can I never, ever bet on my hunches!

Currently watching Loma vs Haney. I have Loma well up early on

Teo winning the 12th was key. Had he not then it’s a majority draw.. I had it 117-111.

Taylor’s work (similar to Catterall fight) consisted of him smothering and spoiling. Not pretty. Teo far more skilled and clean

• Advertisement

Clear win for Teo who for me was very clean and on pint all night.. I had it 116-112.

The Munguia fight was a barn burner by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Taylor post fight saying he knows he can beat him.🙄

Had absolutely nothing to deter Teo.

Pillow fists and his offense is based off swarming/smothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Also Teo had him read like a book after around 4 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Taylor was never likeable and as walshb says his rise to undisputed was freakishly easy. Another McGuigan fighter who is going the wrong way after leaving him.

Yes. Very hard to warm to.

just on his rise: the chap would be a big WW, but boiled to 140 for years to feast on not all that good smaller men. His MO against his best opposition was to smother and swarm and use his clear size advantage to win ugly. He and Prograis did give us a truly amazing scrap, so I’ll give him that.

But as regards boxing skills and being great, Taylor has now been twice badly exposed against two skill full boxers, who didn’t allow (and were not overwhelmed by him) using his physical advantages to bully.

Teo really did dominate as regards offensive skills. The only time it was close was exactly as above; Taylor trying to be rough and ugly with his physical presence.

delighted he got beaten. And against quality WWs he is a nobody

Post edited by walshb on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Yes prograis i was expecting to beat Taylor so tbf that was a good win. McGuigan seems to be good trainer judging by what his fighters achieve and then what happens when they leave but something must be very off in the gym for so many fighters to leave bitterly.

I’d be very sure a rematch at 140 with another fit and ready Teo sees him KO Taylor

like I thought: no excuses no excuses. A day or so later. “I strayed from the game plan.”

no, you didn’t. Teo adapted and adjusted and figured out the game plan and beat you!!

Post edited by walshb on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

The McGuigan's go through a lot of fighters so something is definitely off. But has anyone really improved since switching camp? Because I can't really think of anyone.

Advertisement