Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭touts

Decent teachers cover the whole course. Other teachers blame Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

So it was made so easy during Covid for other years that now people are shocked when its hard again. When i was in school i think we had just 2 in the end doing honours maths. They were masterminds. I think if your doing honours maths you mind should be able to cope. I suspect there are too many students nowadays that should be doin pass maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is this lad not meant to be doing Irish paper one at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

My kids obviously didn't have decent teachers so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭calculator

This not a good ad for young people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I'm raging, i got a list of jobs to do today, and when i looked at it, there was nothing that i liked,

I should have had a panic attack, mentioned my mental health, got sick in the jacks, and gone home, instead of just getting on with things,

The world has gone mad

A resit!?! WTAF!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭archfi

'Distraught'

I mean, I understand it's a big event but it is one of those big events that are recoverable - life doesn't end.

Also, maybe too many not at the level of higher mathematics should be doing the pass?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement

• I’d love to have a look at the paper, out of curiosity. I’d never be able to do it now, but I’m interested to know in which ways it compared to previous ones or course content.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,240 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

Why does dyslexia get you off Irish and he then sits an honours maths paper.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Snowflakes...snowflakes everywhere as far as the eye can see ....

Someone phoning from the surface of one of Jupiter's moons.

(c)RTE 2023

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

The suggestion of a Resit is crazy enough but now this lazy chancer doesn't even want to do that because "people like to take it easy over the summer".

How did any of us ever survive!

• Does Dyscalculia get you off the Maths paper? It’s as real a thing as Dyslexia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Couldn't they just chose questions that they like, everyone gets 100%

No mental health

No whiney mother's

No bus over cliffs

Can't believe exams are hard 🤔😒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Red Fred

If Joe was here, he'd say that all students should pass the Leaving Cert automatically.

That's a really good question, i've never come across it getting any accommodations tbh (young kid, primary age)

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I assume the next 32 minutes is different people telling the same story. I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

All the talk about students walking in nervously into Paper 2 this morning. Was there an exam any of them were bouncing off the walls to walk into?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Deeec

A bad paper which everyone found difficult is always marked easily. I remember when I was doing exams being told it is easier to pass a bad paper as very few get the answers right so you get marked for effort.

So guys on liveline stop worrying there is no issue here. They are making a big deal over nothing - they'll be marked easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Tow

More people will walk out of Pass Irish, as they do every years and not an eyelid will be batted.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

Maybe this is just me, but did anyone else wake up randomly in the middle of the night, as an adult, with flashbacks to the stress of their LC day exams?

https://www.orourkeda.blog

My son is preparing to resit the paper if he fails but why should he have to?

Because he failed luv. That's life.

• Advertisement

• Very few used to tackle honours maths, unless going on for physics or something that was particularly relevant. A cousin of mine decided to do it later in life because it wasn’t available in her school back in the day, she got the honour too. She just did it to dr on state her capacity to be able to do it.

Advertisement