Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Major goings on in Mexico with RUSH and his father quiting AAA yesterday and it looks like Bandido has quit today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing the new trailer for AEW Fight Forever reminded me Abadon is still there. I guess with no youtube shows, she gets less appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Think she's recovered as was looking her up and she has matches at non AEW shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have Abadon booked for our next show in over a week so not injured anyway. Looking forward to meeting them.

• Advertisement

Abadon broke her collarbone last November and only returned to the ring last month.

A bit off topic but just watching the Ubisoft Forward livestream and Athena is sitting front row.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BJ Whitmer has been fired from aew due to domestic abuse arrest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

AEW has fired Benjamin (BJ) Whitmer following his arrest on Sunday June 4 in Kentucky on domestic violence charges. Whitmer, 45, was a coach and producer for AEW and had been with the company since their inception in 2019.

-- According to court documents, Whitmer was charged with strangulation in the first degree and burglary in the second degree. Both charges are considered a Class C felony in Kentucky and carry a potential penalty of 5-10 years in prison. While no further details were known about the incidents that caused the arrest and charges, Whitmer was released on $25,000 bond on Monday afternoon. For AEW's part, once they became aware of the allegations, they carried out their own investigation which quickly led to his termination. They released the following statement yesterday:

"B.J. Whitmer has been terminated following his arrest on domestic violence charges. While talent and staff are ultimately responsible for their own personal actions, this behavior is intolerable within AEW. AEW has reached out to offer support to those impacted by his behavior."

It’s being reported that AEW have signed E.J Nduka this dude is a monster.

His contract with MLW has ended earlier this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I've always wondered if it'd be worth having a belt specifically for the monsters. Say, a minimum 250lb limit. AEW have enough of those sorts that you could get a whole bunch of big meaty men slappin' meat week in week out, without needing to deal with the complexities of not giving the main belt to these huge one-note lads.

They've so many belts floating around, with the main one, the TNT one, and the All-Atlantic one... would be worth putting a stipulation like that onto one of them at least, so it feels more specific. TNT probably makes sense, since it's often enough the big dudes involved in it anyway. So you'd have the main one as the special occasion belt, the All-Atlantic as the hardworking all-comers belt, and the TNT as the meat monsters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've long thought a Super Heavyweight championship would be a great shout in both promotions. For the Vince McMahon in all of us 😂

Collision will air on Wednesday nights on ITV 4.

Jimmy Jacobs has left Impact and joined AEW as a producer.

A nice get for AEW he did a decent job on creative with both WWE & Impact.

WWE fired him when he was pictured with The Bullet Club.

SANADA throws out and open challenge for the IWGP title at Forbidden Door.

A heelish Jungle Boy took up the offer.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

MJF vs Tanahashi announced for Forbidden Door.

MJF say no he won’t defend his title against some rando from a Japanese Indy fed and he will no show the event.

Collision card

Buddy Mathews vs Andrade

Luchassarus vs. Wardlow

Skye Blue & Willow vs. Toni Storm & Ruby Soho

Miro vs ?

Bullet Club Gold & Joe vs. CMFTR

Eddie Kingston returns and attacks two members of the BCC but not Mox

Ospreay shows up and takes out Omega

That was a good ending to an excellent show

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea that was a great show from start to finish imo. MJF vs Cole was a banger and glad they did the draw to avoid either man losing, although I wonder where this leaves Cole for FF?

8 Man match wasn't bad, a bit clunky at times. So are we getting Shibata vs Garcia and Cassidy vs ZSJ at FF or will we get a fatal 4 way?

Yea they are def building up to a heel jungle boy which could be interesting and something new, it will be a good way to just be Jack Perry too.

Womens match was good, Skye Blue has improved a lot even though she is still a bit green but decent showing.

Main Event was class including the ending, They could have Takeshita cost Kenny the title at FF unless they plan on doing a rematch in Wembley.

The card for Collison looks stacked.

FF is also shaping up to be a banger of a PPV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The start of Sting and Jericho bat wars 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd love that match for All In

Amazing they never had a match against each other

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They must be reading posts here. Though Abadon is a hell of a contrast to Riho. Would've been a good match for Dark since they're not appearing on tv for some reason.

I assume the OC/ZSJ match won't be a title match since I don't see them unifying the International and TV titles.

So BCC are still feuding with The Elite, with Takeshita involved, then Ospreay has the match at Forbidden Door. Why's Eddie there? I know he's had history with Cesaro and Mox but why involve himself with the current story.

And I can see why Jungle Boy would turn heel. He can never get a word in in interviews when Hook is around.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Grab your popcorn CM punk is at it again. Apparently he did an interview that is set to upset a lot of people in AEW.

Pro Wrestling Torch editor Wade Keller provided some details on the story this week.

"I am under the impression between now and Saturday, there’s going to be something that comes out that media wise that is not gonna help matters, probably," Keller stated. "I don’t mean to be cryptic but I haven’t heard the details or seen enough to say much but yea, I just don’t know. I just think it’s gonna be one of those weeks, I’ll put it that way… From what I’m hearing behind the scenes in AEW, it’s just gonna be one of those weeks."

According to Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com, Punk's interview with ESPN will be a controversial one, and one that “will make a lot of people upset.”

We will keep you posted.

KENTA teasing...

Attack Punk at the end of Collision would be so great.

Hmmm, can "plans change" with an ESPN interview?

I remember seeing a video a couple weeks ago of all the obvious misses in the one episode. Though to be fair, the mat took some amount of punishment from Cena when he did the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

Best moment in AEW history.

Always goes to show how good Cena was good at the shoulder tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Punching a man in the sternum when he's in full flex will cause him to drop whatever weight he has, and if orange aims for the face and Brian cage turns, stings getting whacked, spot makes complete sense and orange Cassidy is the smartest man in wrestling.

Advertisement