Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I unblock my debit card from abroad?

Options
  • 11-06-2023 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My debit card isn’t working for any transaction, I’ve been here 6 weeks and I’ve had no issues before today.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭HorseSea

Think you will need to contact your bank, happened me before, but it was within a few days, not six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it is Bank of Ireland, contacting Banking 365 during business hours might be best.

Have you moved to a third country recently? Some countries use 6-digit PINs.

Are you happy the card hasn't been compromised?

This page https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/phone-banking/getting-started-with-365-phone/ has the following numbers

Outside the Republic of Ireland

NI/GB Registration & Activation 03456 006 552

Elsewhere +353 1 250 0437

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PeterWillis

Try to find all the reasons why your card stopped working and contact your bank, I think it's better to come to the bank branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear this. It’s possible your card has been restricted for security. If you can please check your registered mobile for a text from our card security team. The text would ask if you recognise a transaction and to reply with Yes or No but will never ask that you click on a link and enter your log in details. If you haven’t received a text or are unable to reply to one received you can call the team on 00353 56775 7007. This is a 24/7 number.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

No need to go to the bank. happens me all the time

just give emergency BOI number a ring and they will unblock it for you once they go through a few transactions to make sure they were genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ronansheelan98

What is the BOI emergency contact number and can I call them from the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Please contact our colleagues in the security team on 1800946764 from ROI or 00353567757007 if calling from abroad. This is also our emergency number and you can call it from the US.

You can also email fpucardsecurity@boi.com and the team are available 24/7.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"00353567757007" - this number should be presented as "+353567757007" or "+353 56 7757007" as not every country uses "00" to make an international call, not least the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

+ is the international access code. Most countries use 00 or +, but Australia 0011 and North America 011.

Advertisement