Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

stephen and the tablets - I was thinking that he had slipped his other half / tims mum some tablet so that she would go out to buy a bottle of bubbly and drop dead in the street - but then he empties out (the blood pressure tablets) out of the bottle down the sink and puts caffein ones?

er what is his plan then? ... he obv's wants to do away with her so why he do that? - has he replaced with caffeine tables to get her blood pressure raised and finish her off that way? - seems complicated?

And where did that come from here shouting at him like that? - she is a squeaky mouse type woman normally who was bullied and controlled by jiggle it geoff at one time .... and then she goes out of character in tonight's episode shouting at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Jeff2

His acting can but I do like angry Stephen. 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

Yes, totally sounded stupid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Whatever happens to Tim's mother, I reckon that spiral staircase will be involved. It's the first thing I spotted in their new gaff. Maybe Stephen plans to have to her buzzing with caffeine and trip down those stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,748 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He probably wants her to collapse due to not taking her medication and leave her to die. However, I don't know will it happen in the end.

I do think Stephen has to kill again tough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I still think he'll kill Damon and Adam will be framed for it.

I was thinking will he kill the factory fella who's into Jenny and if the bodies are found Jenny might be in the frame because of three men she was connected with dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Very odd staircase in a house just bought by a pair of OAPs,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,066 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Or he could try to kill Owen and accidentally kill Sarah, then try again accidentally killing Sean, and once again try only to somehow kill Summer and Billy. He then goes full Hulk-phen to chase Owen and kills Max, Michael and Izzy before being defeated by fùck it lets say Freddie.

Quite possible. These days they do love to have serial killers on soaps who only kill recurring characters, never a regular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 keelers0401

I wonder how the platts will be affected when they eventually find out, I look forward to that

I'm looking forward to Audrey's reaction when she finds out about Golden Boy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DT2016

That Damon laugh at the end WTF was bloody awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,305 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭prunudo

Could be wrong but I think life insurance policies are riddled will clauses and conditions, especially if taking them out the older you get. They probably won't pay out in the first year of the policy but also if there are preexisting conditions, like her high blood pressure, they might exclude this in a policy payment or at a minimum require extra medical certs and checks at time of creating the policy.

Then if Elaine dies, her money and estate goes to Tim unless Stephen steals it before she dies, forges her signature etc.,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh Stephen, the fancy bread will be your undoing!

With Stephen spiking everone with drugs I taught the writers are not Agatha Christie level of writing about the subject next thing they show a book by her named dumb witness.

I wonder who the dumb witness will be.? Gail.?

That book is about a woman who is murdered by a family member for the money she's left them in the will. She's poisoned by the murderer switching the contents of her medication, (after an initial attempt at shoving her down the stairs fails) but then it turns out she'd changed her will to leave everything to a friend instead, so the murderer kills themselves too.

So maybe that's where Stephen ends up, or, they were just nodding their hat to the switched medication.

Only watched the second episode now and will have to laugh if they have Sally down as dumb witness along with her other story going at the same time.

Sally the new Gail. 😊

• Advertisement

Would the tablets Stephen gave Elaine show up in the hospital bloods, were they LSDs again or caffeine pills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Blood pressure medication would not be dispensed loose in a container like that. they would be in a blister pack with the days stamped on each tablet . Kind of odd that Stephen could source LSD tablets that look identical etc.

Glad Tim is onto him (Stephen), hope he gets what he deserves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

I think Sally is fantastic. She can play every mood including batty which she does so well. She thinks she'd like to live somewhere posh, or, that she deserves to. But her life's fuel is the gossip of that Street so she can't leave. It is just so entertaining to watch. Love her & Tim too - hope it's one that lasts a while.

Tim & Carla already raising eyebrows (I know Carla has 'raised-eyebrows' resting face but I definitely saw a little flicker in the Rovers when she heard about Elaine). I love a good storyline like this where you watch something unravel and Stephen's downfall should be hilarious. His acting is, niche, to say the least but I love his scenes. So OTT and a joy to behold. Hope Elaine figures it out and sets him up but I think it will be endless bickering between Elaine & Tim about Stephen's motivations.

I find Aaron hard to take - the constant grimacing and heavy nose breathing. It is actually a bit of a rotten part for a young man to get. Hard to do it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭prunudo

Yeah, Carla definitely thought something didn't add up. Just needs the right characters to bump into other and start putting the timeline and pieces together. Surprised Teddy's policeman friend hasn't appeared asking questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

The whole prescription medication story is so badly done. Apart from the blister packs what self respecting adult would accept having their medication handed to them like that. I unfortunately have to take meds every day, my OH wouldn't dare to be so patronising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

I still cant believe that roofbox hasn't surfaced, there's 2 bodies out there yet to be discovered

I don't think he will manage to do away with Elaine Tim will come to her rescue

I think the point with her is that she's easily manipulated, or at least he thought she was. She's clearly not playing ball at the moment.

Lately they are certain medication shortages. I've seen tablets that came in blister packs change to different companies, to bottles even tablets halved and quartered.

Elaine is very trusting of Stephen and doesn't give his helpfulness a second thought.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did he not crush the caffeine tablets and put them in her tea?

Advertisement