Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have 20 years in a variety of roles so its not just one workplace and one culture. If the men were the same in all jobs then fair enough but they werent. I have seen men whispering and bitching about other staff members regularly, rumours being spread about a staff member they despise (bullying and harassment), guys who wont work with another guy because of a grudge, and all of these behaviors led to a toxic, unwelcome and horrendous atmosphere which were often tolerated by management.

The worst incident ive witnessed was a guy about 25 joined a team of fitters and these guys were 40s and 50s. They refused to train him properly, never sat with him at lunch, started mocking his car, clothes etc. It was horrendous and the manager just shrugged his shoulders and told the guy to get on with it. He wasnt invited to the christmas party they had either, the men told him "youre only brand new, why would we invite you".

Up to that point i would have only put that behavior down to teenage bitchy girls with no maturity but that really opened my eyes. And men can get away with this because people like yourself and others outright refuse to believe men can be bitchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who said men “can’t be bitchy? Sure look at you now..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

You said it! To quote "females are far far more bitchy".

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes. They are.

nowhere did I say men cannot be bitchy

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DAngelo Bailey

All white Irish kids that I saw being interviewed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's just a massive advert for the toy industry, with a few song and dance numbers thrown in.

Might have been more wholesome years ago when toys and games were made closer to home or even made in this country. Now it's sweatshop labour producing mass marketed plastic crap that will outlast our species in landfills and the sea.

That's the magic of Christmas, I mean, capitalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When someone is unhappy in a workplace and wants to leave, it's usually because of the people they have to work with and not the actual job itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

All Gardaí should be armed. It fcujing ridiculous that they should be expected to enforce the law by a wag of the finger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I agree with you. This shouldn’t be a controversial opinion but it is. Bill Burr made headlines here when he bad mouthed the bacon he was served.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

When someone contacts certain Irish courier outfits to chase their delivery, the courier will delay the delivery date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭randd1

The size of Lizzo should not be celebrated, there’s nothing celebratory about obesity.

And it’s usually women in the media who do the celebrating of her size. Ironic, given that if you were to say to them they kind of have the same figure, they’d be utterly horrified at being called fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Darth Randomer

Ah sure go into Moore street and buy your gear!

Darth Randomer

Donald Trump should seriously claim [U]INSANITY[/U] just like John Wilkes Booth did after killing President Lincoln. There - QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭cms88

Another of these ''manufactured'' artists. Everything is fine once everyone agrees with them but the second someone doesn't they trow the toys out of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

People should try and be a little bit nicer to other people

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I've left jobs because of toxicity but also left them because I grew tired of the nature of the work. Not all that controversial of an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The more and more I read about Pieta House the more disappointed I get

What may have started with the best of intentions and surely did amazing work these days gets so much negative news.

There is the argument the top brass need to be paid well to attract talent so fair enough but the therapists who did the work were on low paid precarious contracts and many were laid off suddenly. The top management kept their jobs though. HSE auditors lashed them over Human Resource lack of records for contracts and many other governance failures but still the top management stayed in place.

My controversial opinion is in 2-3 years this organisation will implode like Console and a lot of well meaning charity raisers around the country will say they were fooled once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I started a thread last night before nodding off and just now checked in and it's gone without a trace. Either it was too edgy and controversial or I had a dream about starting a thread, scary either way!

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Don't know if this is controversial or not but here it goes.

Manchester City should be stripped of all their titles for the past few years.

Yesterday was a prime example of why. Inter Milan a few years back had to cut back on buying players and sell a few aswell in order to comply with Financial Fair Play rules. Manchester City have had numerous breaches of financial fair play but essentially because they threatened to drag the premier league and UEFA into years of litigation and court cases the charges against the charges were dropped as if you have enough money and enough lawyers you can prove/disprove anything and get away with whatever you like.

So the lesson from last nights match was teams who follow the rules lose teams who cheat win.

Manchester City are a disgrace to sports everywhere and their achievements are all completely false and non-one should be praising them as an organisation.

Post edited by Jack Daw on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I can't see humans fixing the climate and environment crisis. I think everybody knows this. Most people will consume as much as they can while they can. Buying electric cars, solar panels, more stuff won't solve the problem.

Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen

We certainly won't buy our way out of the climate crisis.

We won't avoid the climate crisis as long as we keep pretending that it is someone else's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

The only way to save the environment is through new technologies, not by reducing consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The news channels absolutely love a bad news story. As long as it allows them to act all sad and caring, when it actually makes headlines and something for them to report on.

Post edited by NIMAN on

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DAngelo Bailey

Have you seen some of the cabbages in the guards wouldn't trust them with a water pistol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

If this is the type of glorious summer weather we can expect, I guess we'll just have to grin and bear it.

The problem is that half of Spain and North Africa will be over here grinning and bearing it with us, as their land becomes uninhabitable, moving in numbers that no wall or immigration checks will be able to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Nonsense. Spain and Africa have always been hot and dry. Yet, still people live there and thrive on tourism in the case of Spain and some North African countries. Too much tourism in some cases. The people there can pop down to the shops for food the same way we have to.

Dozen and dozens of countries see temperatures in the 30s and 40s and people aren't fleeing.

Has the overreaction to Covid taught you nothing at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's been raining all along the Med and Spain for ages now because of the high pressure area that has given us the fine weather.

Higher temperatures is going to create more sea evaporation presumably and more rainfall somewhere.

Advertisement