Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Nah the war will continue until the Russians are pushed back all the way to Russia or they both run of tanks and armor to fight with ,

Which ever comes first

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AerLingus747

probs the Ukranian's, because there is no replacement armour coming ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The fate of the 16 Bradleys are inconsequential to the course of the war.

They will be replaced

The fact is Russia has lost this war already. Putin thought the west would get bored and abandon Ukraine. He miscalculated badly, the Americans could never let Russia win in Ukraine as it would diminish America's own standing in the world and give the green light to China on Taiwan. It's just a question of when members of the Kremlin regime decide to abandon the ship. Prigozhin's carry on shows he knows the game is up and is probably eyeing the top job. It would not surprise me if there is a heave against Putin in the next few months. Whether that will be aided by external forces who knows. What will they want is an orderly transition,though. They may have a plan in place already, but won't want their hand seen in it.

because they were going to do it themselves :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

This is an incredible half hour of well-subtitled footage, very worth watching. Even the narration/reaction comments from the US Marine is relevant. Some really intense filming.

Things to note:

1. The realtime images and footage of the battle being fed through to an operations room.

2. The really tight tactics and comradeship amongst the men.

3. The medic setup, extraction behind the lines.

4. Bit of a shocking scene towards the end.

Post edited by greenpilot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Nordstream ? Ha

To the general public , and most national leaders it doesnt matter ,

There's a new report out every other day pointing the finger in a different direction , most people who have an intrest have already rightly or wrongly made up their minds long ago ,

Its effective use of dis-information ,

The same person who swore it was the Americans with help from the swedes and norweigans , cant then be believable when he states it was a couple of ukrainian on a yacht,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

More concise than the way I was trying to put it. Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭IdHidden

Twitter won't allow this tweet to be imbedded? I wonder why?

Merry Kremlin "journalists" ask Putin how far he intends to continue expanding the borders of Russia.

Putin responds "I can fully answer only privately...but it depends on our potential".

https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1668657010789822466?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Translation

Putin confirms he has no intention stopping after Ukraine.

Merry Kremlin "journalists" ask Putin how far he intends to continue expanding the borders of Russia.

"I can fully answer only privately...but it depends on our potential".

Putin will be stopped only when he's stopped.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

I think it's more that we know that the Ukrainian offensive has started and, in the instant gratification internet culture that we inhabit, we demand 'BIG NEWS NOW!' i.e. something huge and decisive. We press refresh continously.

Whereas the actual military campaign itself is more likely to be a slow burn, akin to last year's Kherson offensive. Thus the people who demand 'BIG NEWS NOW!' are fixated on micro-events ('a Leopard lost here!', 'a fake image there!') that are strategically irrelevant and make foolish macro pronouncements on the direction of the entire war.

The strategic picture is that Russia is losing this war - militarily, diplomatically, economically and politically. And has been doing so before the first boot landed on Ukrainian soil. The course of events of the remainder of this year may hasten that loss - or they may go on losing for years. But micro tactical events are just that - micro.

• Advertisement

This was always the case he wants Belarus (almost there) he occupies part of Moldova,he occupies part of Georgia and regularly redraws the map to slowly increase territories there ,then after launching a superise attack on Georgia proper he still manages to maintain a certain control over parts of the Georgian government to this day , Ukraine occupied,

He wanted to create a smaller Soviet union using the likes of Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova, Georgia as buffer states to protect mother Russia, only ukraine heavily backed by the US and NATO has completely spoiled his party,

But Putin won't back down they lost the war the moment they Crossed into ukraine last year,

Looks like his buddy lushashenko is now threatening to use his newly aquired Russian nuclear weapons if Belarus faces outside aggression,

Remember on boards we previously had a thread where people posted their admiration for the "Man" the refreshing leader who was putting his country first and the man needed to keep America in check ,the thread had a fair few respected posters voicing their opinions of the great leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

It is because it is has an age-related restriction.

Beverly Hills, California

Seems changes might actually be coming to Nato and Nato weapons productions if all are actually on board , which may or may not come to fruition, especially around artillery and tank munitions, it will be interesting to see if governments and private industry will play ball on this or will they drag their heels until depending on how much profit they can make in the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

And this is what has been long suspected, although I don't know what kind of effective operations Russia could launch against motivated and organised European armies in the short term - and I mean at least 10 years when I say that. They've not got the tactics, or the weapons or the people. On the last point, although Russia are hyped up on the number of people they have, they have 'only' 147 million, whereas the EU has over 700 million, so if you get a combined task force from even a fraction of those countries to battle any kind of Russian incursion in a conventional military sense, Russia has no advantage in any aspect. I say 'conventional' because obviously people will talk about the nuclear stockpile aspect when you talk about open military confrontation with Russia, but of course if Russia were to use this capability, they run the very real risk of creating a world that is in no way worth inheriting, and I believe they only use it as a last gasp to prevent their own country from military takeover from a foreign power.

Their only real options for territorial expansion beyond whatever they could possibly take in Ukraine are a soft takeover in Belarus and also pushing into Georgia and Kazakhstan. A wilder speculation beyond this would be Russia seeking to create a military alliance with China that would set out to conquer the world. I stress that this is a wild speculation - there are still questions over China's ability to take over Taiwan, never mind their ability to mount large scale military operations thousands of miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

I'd imagine China would see Russia as a liability as part of a military alliance given their performance so far. Also, China prefers economic warfare, money is everything so if they have the opportunity to nab some of the Russian far east if it presents itself then they'll do that rather than join them in some mad global crusade that would destroy the Chinese economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

That's definitely gotta be one of the doubles. Entire face looks plastic.

Here is Putin himself saying on TV in 2008 that Russia that has no claim to Crimea, that Crimea is Ukrainian, and Crimea is not a disputed territory.

And people still believe a word he says. btw the tread in the tweet also debunks the myth that NATO expansion and that NATO and the West are actually at fault for the war in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Mullinabreena

An insight into Wagner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭rogber

Another overnight attack on civilians, this time Odessa. Sickening. This is just going to go on and on as long as Putin is in power

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭WheelieKing

Ukraine released footage of the Bradley crews escaping that ambush so hopefully most are safe, Bradley's are designed with crew survivability in mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/145l0wp/same_battler_from_0806_from_afu_bradley_pow/

Note, the rest of that subreddit can have pretty brutal footage so I'd be wary of browsing it.

I seem to remember you talking about Putins doubles so have a lot of people on here not just me ,

So have you seen him in public at all in the last near month ,

No .

Didn't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

If Leo and Bradley crews are surviving these hits which I believe they are it means Ukraine will have trained crew sitting around waiting for replacements. So any donated systems will go straight into action. This bodes well.

It's Tiktok culture... soundbites, quick clips, stuff that doesn't even remotely show the full picture being taken as Gospel...

Everyone expecting Kadyrov and Prigozhin type rants and updates from Zaluzhni... he's got a war to be fighting unfortunately

UKRAINE HAS LOST 16 ARMOURED VEHICLES IN THE SAME TIMEFRAME RUSSIA LOST 60+ ... RUSSIA IS WINNING, SPREAD THE WORD

bUt RusSiA hAs MoRe VeHiClEs OvErAlL sO tHeY cAn AfFoRd tO lOsE tHeM, uKrAiNe CaN't

US - Hold my beer

Not true at all .

But the second most important person in Ukraine only second to Zelensky himself hasn't been seen in public or in a live broadcast in how many weeks 6 ?

Zelensky has done a world tour in the time and nobody has seen Zaluzhni anywhere ,

Secret bunker, doing secret things doesn't add up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Another video of HIMARS being used against targets very close the frontline. Very definite change of tactics in their use taking place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Stark accounts starting to appear in the media as the reality of the grimness of the situation facing the Ukranian forces is getting harder to withhold from the public. This from the Washington Post.

The soldiers of the 37th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine underwent modern training according to NATO standards and were armed with weapons supplied from the West, but within 20 minutes after their offensive they suffered heavy losses.

There were about 50 people in the military unit with the call sign "Woodcutter", and 30 did not return - they were killed, wounded or captured by the Russians.

5 units of armored vehicles of the unit were destroyed in the first hour.

“We stayed there in the field, without tanks and heavy armored vehicles. We were fired from mortars from three sides.

There was nothing we could do,” the militant says

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement