Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

This is the reason I've stopped taking a trolley in Aldi.

My back is banjaxed, mris etc can't find anything wrong but it's still banjaxed.

I would take a trolley to free up my hands especially for the special buys section.

So while I might have a trolley I'd usually only have a handful of stuff as I'd be walking home....I refer once again to banjaxed back.

Bit the amount of times people, usually older men, would skip Infront of the trolley....oh I only have 2 items....eh I only have 3 and I've been standing here like a pleb for last 5 minutes as it's aldi and only one feckin till open.

Then you're the one that's a c*nt....not worth it .

If you don't value your own time, no one else will either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Cycled to work this morning. Genuinely thought I was going to pass out when I got to my destination. Vision went all dark and all. Fcuk me I'm unfit.

My usual dentist has advised me that they're switching from being an NHS dentist (£20 per checkup/clean) to being private (£65 per checkup/clean). So my options are now to pay a "payment plan" of £18 a month to cover 4 checkup's a year (my teeth are a state) or to try find another NHS dentist willing to take me on which is highly unlikely. Absolutely raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Companies switching to only online ordering.

Went into their shop to order unknowingly, was told I couldn't place an order with them, that it was only online now and I was ushered back out the door without even really getting a chance to ask anything.

Went onto their website to order, it didn't have the specific options for my particular order so I had to send an email to inquire.

Next day I receive an email back, giving me some options, I choose one which works best for me however there would have to be some manual input from myself at the store so I ask if this is possible.

Wait another day for a response, they say it isn't possible and that two of their people that can do the manual input part are working externally somewhere else and that they have one person that can do it but they are very busy.

They suggest I do the manual part myself at home, however I can't do it at home because I don't have access to the same machines that they have in store. So I have to email them back to tell them I can't, now I'm waiting again, to hear back from them, which will probably take another day judging by the previous response time.

The thing is I used to just walk into this place, wait maybe 10 mins depending on how busy it was, then I would have a one to one talk with the specific person allocated to my order and we could discuss the specifics (5-10 minutes). I would then leave and come back in about 2-3 hours and my order would be complete and ready to collect.

I started this process on Monday, it's now Wednesday and by the time they get back to me again it will probably be Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The distinctly Irish habit of absolutely canonising minor celebrities when they die.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Headwreck.

Maybe fill out the inevitable fecking survey they auto send you after every single little interaction?

I swear to jaysus, I've been sent numerous emails over the last few days along the lines of "Your opinion matters to us, please fill out this survey" blah blah blah. Like every little interaction with the bank, the insurance company, the plumber. Jaysus even the supermarkets are at it with the pen circle at the bottom of your receipt. TA's me no end. I just want to buy some milk and cereal ffs. You already have all my info from my 'loyalty' card FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I contacted Warner Music Group about a box set with a defective disc. Replacements were pressed up recently so I asked could they post me one.

They replied stating that it would be posted out in the next 8 weeks.

Since then, every day, I have got an email from them asking me to rank / evaluate their customer service.

Eh, I'll do that when I receive the CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA I'm under attack by a swarm 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Jesus - worst nightmare!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah now. Come on. It might be unpleasant, but I can think of way worse things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

True, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

The anti SUV brigade and these climate protesters. Sure most have gone on hols abroad, probably wear fast fashion clothing that has a high carbon footprint, have to have the latest phones etc. Quite a few of the EV'S now are SUV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm convinced my dog is a salamander or Targaryen or something. She will actively seek out the hottest possible patch of garden to lie in in this kind of weather. I have to physically move her indoors or into the shade every so often.

My folks have that godawful fake grass on their deck and it gets unbelievably hot. Like, you wouldn't put your hand on it. She's currently panned out on it, in the corner that gets full sun and absolutely no breeze whatsoever. I'd sat it's easily in the mid-30s or higher in there and she's absolutely LOVING it. Weirdo.

Are you sure she's not a cat? Or, does she have 3 heads like Cerberus? 'cause that could explain a few things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA how stupid some people are. Just saw a guy lose out on a job offer when the recruiting manager looked on facebook. The guys Facebook profile is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I used to fall for that crap , but now I just say NO and wave my walking stick in their face . They tend to back down rather than be seen to push over a disabled person .

I did say to her and the other two people ahead of me that I was the last one before her, loud and clear. I also blame the woman at the till for pandering to her. Next time I'll unleash my inner Karen.

Also, I'll have to buy myself a cattle prod.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

In addition to the anti SUV brigade…..

the same crowd basically say zero about any classic / vintage car rally or the users of said classic vehicles…not a peep from them, hypocrites all … 🤷‍♂️

But they bitch and whine about SUVs, which are some of the most green and energy efficient vehicles.. Hyundai, Toyota, Volkswagen, Kia and Lexus making really low emission, hybrid, energy efficient SUVs…. This weird anti SUV obsession really needs a psychologists explanation because it’s not a legitimate grievance.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I went to buy a Danish pastry earlier as a treat. Went to pay at the self checkout. Looked down through the list of pastries and couldn't find Danish pastry anywhere. Eventually had to ask a member of staff. They pointed to Pain Au Raisin on the screen. It's a fecking Danish pastry not a pain a raisin. They're not French so why are they giving them a French name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The train has become so unreliable lately that I'm not bothering going into Dublin City anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Not entirely Danish either!

My TA, dickheads taking my parking spot & acting like I'm the problem 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Trying so much to be a supportive relative to a family member with early stage dementia and not succeeding.

A power cut at half three this morning set the house alarm off, so jumped up, knocked it off and fell back asleep. Woke a half hour later by confused loved one who was insisting there were text messages appearing on the now flashing clock radio. I responded poorly and have felt like a sh*tebag every since.

This is hard :(

The flies from last evening are back with a vengeance. This happened last year too. Is it the blue colour Any nature experts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA is I had a craving for a Toberlone ? but the shop closed at 10 . I was there at 10.01 because people park stupidly

I'm guessing that the blue might be absorbing more heat than lighter colours. They're probably newly "fledged" flies looking for heat.

Mind you, they don't look like your common house flies, I'm not sure what kind they could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

People who work in public serving jobs openly hate the public (customers) they serve. No one made you do it, no one is asking you to stay, and no one sprung a surprise on you that you would be dealing with people. You knew from the start what the job would entail, you signed a contract and you are still working even with that big miserable face on you. How about you do your job and act professionally because I have no sympathy for you and the decision YOU MADE TO WORK THERE and STILL CONTINUE TO WORK THERE.

• Advertisement

I put on a T shirt this morning, the sleeves are slightly shorter than what I've been wearing recently so it's highlighting my farmers tan 😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement