Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 8 oDerak_man

8m long Type 2 granny charger (max 13A charging current) for sale. Details on Adverts or DM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

For sale Kia Soul Electric K3 with 64Kw battery and full app access, 452+km range

Low mileage 35k km, Full service history, remaining 4 year warranty from KiA

This car has everything you can wish for, most equipped EV on the market.

Professionally installed front and rear dashcams

Supplied with 2 cables. granny cable and type 2 cable

17` Alloy Wheels (215/55R17)

10-speaker Harmon/Kardon Premium Sound System

10.25` Touchscreen Satellite Navigation featuring UVO Connect

Head Up Display

Adaptive Smart Cruise Control Function (SCC)

Black Leather and Faux Leather Upholstery

Dual Full LED Headlamps

Engine Start/Stop Button with Smart Entry System

Wireless Mobile Phone Charger

Lane Follow Assist (LFA)

Privacy Glass (Rear Windows & Tailgate)

Automatic Headlight Control

Rain Sensing Front Wipers

8-way Driver's Power Adjustable Seat (Sliding

Regenerative Braking Level Controlled by Paddle Shift Mounted on Steering Wheel

Heated Steering Wheel

Apple CarPlay with Voice Control

Android Auto with Voice Control

UVO Connect

Reversing Camera System (Integrated into Satellite Navigation Screen)

Rear and front Parking Sensors

Emergency Stop Signalling (ESS)

Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)

High Beam Assist (HBA)

Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear-Cross Traffic Assist (RCTA)

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Heat Pump

https://www.adverts.ie/car/kia/soul/2020-kia-soul/29764975

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭spudwiser

Nissan Leaf 40Kwh SVE 

One owner from new. 

In great condition inside and out. Kept in garage. 

Rear View Mirror with Auto 

Dimming

Front and Rear Parking Sensors

Intelligent Around View Monitor

Intelligent Driver Alert

Intelligent AutoHeadlights with 

LED & Signature Day time running 

lights

BOSE Premium audio + 7 speakers

ProPILOT

2 charging cables - 3 pin granny charger and a Type 2

Tax and NCT to 2024

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/nissan-leaf-2020/30086132

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jaykay8989

Hi All,

I’ve just advertised my 2015 Leaf 24kwh XE for sale. Has been bulletproof for me from new. 11 bars still on the battery.

Asking price is €7,995. Open to offers.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-24kwh-xe/34018662

Thanks,

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Am thinking of trading our Kia E-Niro, wanted to put it up on this forum first in case some of the community were interested.

Its 2020 (201), 64Kw battery, 57k miles, Full Kia service history from new, 4 years (60k km) remaining on warranty. Over 450km per charge and everything in excellent condition inside & out. Asking price €29,500.

More details available on request, happy to discuss via PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Ohme Home Pro EV Car Charger

• Tethered model

• Connector: Type 2

• Power: 7kW

• Cable length: 5m

• Charge via the mobile app

• Dimensions: 170mm (H) x 200mm (W) x 100mm (D)

• Connection: 3G / 4G for easy set up

• Over-the-air updates

• Charge via LCD screen

• Home power balancing

• In built earthing

Retails at over 800 euro, asking 350 euro. Collection in Cork.

Unit is 1 year old and only swapped it out as I installed solar and needed a Zappi.

PM for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I have this reduced to €35,950 now, cheaper than a lot of basic spec 58kWh cars. I need it out of my garage at this point!

At least any buyer could be confident that the battery has been well cared for, by an owner that knows what's good for a battery and what isn't. Buy from a garage and the salesperson will tell you exactly what you want to hear, even if they know nothing about the charging history of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

My low millage show room condition ID4 GTX is for sale. Cheapest in the country at the moment. Well looked after and I'm the only owner from new: See here for more details: https://www.adverts.ie/car/volkswagen/id-4/2022-volkswagen-id-4/29761211. Give me a shout if you have any questions.

Just listed my E-Niro :

https://www.adverts.ie/car/kia/niro/2020-kia-e-niro/30268815

Had a decent offer from Autobuy, just below what im asking on Adverts. Will leave it up for a week to see if any interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,824 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'd take the offer from Autobuy. Will save you a load of hassle.

theyll honor it for a week, just seeing if theres any interest in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance, so hopefully this is the right thread!

I have a Nissan leaf that was owned by a deceased relative of mine, that I have been tasked with selling. I'm looking for guidance on what price I should advertise for.

2011 Nissan Leaf Acenta 24KWh

Milage 14,000 kms (yes fourteen thousand)

It's been sitting idle for nearly 5 years. No NCT / Tax since then. The 12V battery is flat but can be 'jumped' to start the car. The main battery is reporting c. 95 SOH, and can also be charged. It drives fine, although the brake discs are quite rusted at this stage.

Any idea on price? The length of time it's been sitting is probably going to impact on asking price. I see there are models on DoneDeal guiding anywhere between 2,500-5,000.

Thanks in advance,

Nicol

The sitting idle thing is a problem for battery cars. What state of charge is it at?

Forst thing to do would be to get it uk and running and see how the battery health is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Post edited by ELM327 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It's been sitting idle for nearly 5 years. No NCT / Tax since then. The 12V battery is flat but can be 'jumped' to start the car. The main battery is reporting c. 95 SOH, and can also be charged.

Two questions...

1) Any idea what the charge level of the battery was at for those 5yrs (that's important)... i.e. what was it at when you got your hands on it?

2) How did you determine that it was 95% SoH? Did you connect up an OBDII adaptor and use an app etc to find that figure?

The elephant in the room is the battery health. You wont really know what its true health is until you full charge it, drive it to <10% and then fully charge it again. If the battery health is really 95% SoH and the car is otherwise in good condition (should be with only 14k km's) then you should be asking strong money for it (upper end of what you've quoted).

It drives fine, although the brake discs are quite rusted at this stage.

Would a few hard braking actions resolve that or are the discs actually damaged and need replacing?

Does the electronic handbrake work OK. Thats a known problem with those early Leafs. Would also help your ad if you could confirm that AC and DC charging work. Does it have a DC charging port?

Is your plan to clean the car up (brake discs, 12V etc) or are you just looking for a quick sale as is? A few small things could change the value alot but primarily you need to get a better idea of the true SoH of the HV battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Get it nct'd, stick it on done deal, ask 5000 ono, see what happens, let some one else worry about SOH, even if it fails the nct, you can show the buyer what needs to be done.

cheapest 2011 is 3000 euro and most expensive is 5000 euro, its low miles, so it might attract interest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That battery SOH needs to calibrate so needs to be driven around a bit for a few weeks to calculate properly. We had a case a few years back of a similar situation where a Leaf was laid up for 6months and it was perfect, 5yrs is a different matter....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Looking at selling a 221 Ioniq 5 premium plus around 45k km on the clock.

Any guidance on what it should be worth privately?

It's a bit of a unicorn spec as was only a few cars in the country before they downgraded the spec to Platinum.

Given that I was thinking around the 50k mark would be reasonable, given the equivalent spec (vision) now is a 62k car.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭zg3409

Get a local garage to get it nct ready and get a new nct. As others have said draining battery by driving and charging to 100% a few times will re learn the battery management system and it will show real state of battery and flag up any damaged cells. Without doing this car is a big unknown and a high risk errors will appear making car undrivable. Worst case it might need a whole new battery and braking system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Hi all,

thanks for all the responses. I don't plan on keeping the car, as I already have a Leaf myself. I used an OBD II dongle and leaf Spy to ascertain the SOH, but it's been a while since I did this so can't recall the SOC.

I'll have a look at the car again at the weekend and will get more details on SOC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭sk8board

That’s the larger battery isn’t it?

A potential negative would be the v high mileage for the battery’s first year. There’s 480 221 EV’s on carzone and just 6 have 45,000+ mileage. That will matter for pricing

how much or how little has the real world 100-0 range reduced in that 45,000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Amount of DC fast charging could have more impact than overall miles.

• Advertisement

True, but science is a thing when I comes to battery chemistry.

I don’t have a fast charger for my 1 year old phone, but the battery health is still 94%

Battery health of my 9 year old car is 84%. And that is way worse than average for this car. Try and find a 9 year old iPhone with 84% left 😂

And that is of course all lithium ion based with just hundreds of cycles as per the cell spec. Many modern EVs use LiFePO4, which literally last decades and a million miles no bother with many thousands of cycles as per the cell spec.

I’ve no reason to disagree. I think as EV’s go out of warranty and are as old as yours e.g, we’ll see dealers using an OBD device to run a battery capacity/degradation test on cars before taking them in - and then listing that health in the ad. Coupled with the recorded lifetime efficiency, it’ll mean the real world range will be easy to work out when buying a second hand ev.

I just think this will matter when cars are older, even if it’s as low as you say.

How many km’s is that 16% degradation in real world terms? Just wondering is all.

edit: for example, there are lots of ads for 2019 Niro, Soul etc sayin the car has a range of 450km. This wasn’t true when it was new and it’s even less true today. This stuff will matter to second hand buyers

Absolutely. In fact now you mention it, I wonder why they don't already.

I only bought this EV a couple of days ago and you could actually activate a hidden menu that told you the SOH. No need for plugging in any ODB device. I was interested in 2 cars and I had the owners do this for me and send me a screenshot of the SOH. I used the poor SOH of the first car as a bargaining chip against the owner and got the car very cheaply because of it (and a few other reasons). The car only had 18.8kWh avaialble when new with 100% SOH, so you can guess the range is a good bit shorter than the short range it already was when new as it now only has 15.7kWh 😂

Looking for a type 2 cable as my i3 didn't come with one. Must be free to a good home or very, very cheap 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭E30M3

Tesla Model Y - Accessories

Tesla Model Y Full Interior Mat And Storage Are Set For Sale in Enniscorthy, Wexford from Damien100 (adverts.ie)

Available

Mudguards New - €25

Centre Console Trays As New - €20

Vent Covers New - €5

Alloy Wheel finishing Kit €20

Wheel Covers €150

Car Mat & Storage Area Covers €150

Jack Puck set New in carry case €20

Matte Screen Protector New in box €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Has anyone used/purchased this charger? I'm looking for a backup as my car didn't come with a Granny charger and it could be handy to have in the boot. It's a lot cheaper than other websites... too cheap?

https://www.fruugo.ie/electric-vehicle-phevev-charger-type-2-5m-cable-portable-car-charger-13a-3pin-uk-plug/p-143011519-302177514?language=en&ac=croud&asc=pmax&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI54Gs9Jy3_wIVA8jtCh0LgwZaEAQYAyABEgIFBPD_BwE

Too cheap, must be a scam. But I would be delighted if I was proven wrong! I've no experience with fruugo. But if they are anything like AliExpress, you'd get your money back if it turned out to be a scam.

I’d stick with advice given previously to buy a used OEM Granny Charger that has temperature protection.

I’ll have a VW version available for sale soon. PM if it’s of interest to you before it goes on DoneDeal.

If it is real it's dangerous. UK plug and granny lead should be limited to 10amp max. House plugs and sockets are not rated for 13 amp for 10+ hours. It's a serious fire Hazzard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd say that's a schuko adapter (which do go up to 13a) changed with a UK plug by someone who doesnt know any better.

It would work , for longer or shorter depending on the standard of wiring in the house and the plug, but would potentially be a fire hazard particularly in older houses. Strictly speaking a socket should be able to deliver 13a for hours on end, but many are not capable.

I know any socket I have that has a dual socket, has a 20a fuse, meaning it would attempt to deliver 13a for hours and not trip. Single sockets tend to be fused for 13a. I'd be happier with a CEE plug rather than using a 3 pin plug anyway, at least they are usually on its own circuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just want to hear what people think is a far asking price for the following. Not trying to sell it here, I'll leave that mission for adverts or donedeal!

Type-2 to Granny cable (3-pin) 5m long from a 182 Nissan Leaf so the cable is nearly 5 years old. Original Nissan branded one that came with the car

Post edited by Red Silurian on

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've sold a Granny cable for around €150 before. There isn't a huge market for them as most people get one with their car.

Not bad cheers for that info

I'm looking to invest in a longer cable which is about €250 at screwfix so anything towards that would be welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Kramer

I know of at least one 182 Leaf that won't 😀.

• Advertisement

I would think €150 - €200 would be a fair price if it’s used but as new in terms of condition. If it was unused in original packaging, maybe €250. Type 2 is likely to be an easier sell than Type 1.

Aftermarket from the likes of Screwfix won’t be up to the quality of an OEM version.

Beware screwfix granny cables have no temperature in the plug. I would hold on to old one and use whenever possible reserving the screwfix ones to when stuck or just use a heavy duty waterproof extension lead as there will be no temperature sensor in that either.

Note type 1 plug granny cables have a limited market compare to newer type 2 ones as newer cars are all type 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

hi all, I'm going to be selling my Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger in a few weeks. Just wondering if there's a market for 2nd hand chargers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

There sure is, if the price is right.

Here or on Adverts is probably your best bet.

Price dependant.

Ive only ever bought second hand chargers in my 11 years of driving EV’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks all. The Wallbox is nearly 3 years old. Works perfectly. I'll take some photos and try to come up with a reasonable price.

To give an idea, brand new with warranty, supplied and fitted by easygo is €599 after grant. €549 with Exoplex.

So you can factor that towards your pricing.

€300 approx seems to be the going rate for most on DoneDeal. It should sell quickly if you’re under that.

I was unaware of this... Can you recommend a 10m cable that does have thermal protection in the plug?

• Advertisement

I don't know if any offhand. Car manufacturer branded tend to have the sensors, non car branded tend not to have the sensors.

Advertisement