Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Wow met extremely slow so I don’t have the will to check the highest local temperatures in Donegal for today. Eglinton recorded 27c at 3.50pm today and I see Castlederg didn’t report from 12pm until 5pm so not sure what the max is for there.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

222C in south Dublin is a slight exaggeration….

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Jock_Ewing

Very orange up north😜 I think we need to do a study on whether bonfire season in July adds to the NI temperature (climatic).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The heat dissipating a bit over the next few days for Cork City? Although the warmest we got recently was around 22C it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I was going to lash water on the garden this evening but won’t bother now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Garryvoe this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Last evening sitting out for a few days it seems, at least for South Wicklow. Very big discrepancy in the amount of rain forecast to fall over the weekend but we're definitely getting some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

It's struggling though. Tomorrow we might drag another day out of it. Thunderstorm this evening zero rain. Thunderstorm Tuesday 4mm. It's not having much joy yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Dazler97

20c at 10pm even the surrounding storms didn't chill the air ,here's hoping for a lightning storm there even better 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Packrat

Same here. I'm literally withered myself from watering vegetables. Potatoes got nothing because it would take hours. First stalk had 15 nice size under it this evening.

Lawn gone. Couldn't be at that working from a spring well which might go dry at any moment leaving the house with no water if it did.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Today's highs , my closest station coming 2nd and also once again carlow getting the top spot 👌

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It was another beautiful day in Meath, got close to 25C earlier in the afternoon. I'm starting to get a spanish tan at this stage with so much sunshine over the past month and warmth over the past week.

First half of next week is looking rubbish I have to say but there could be another transition to dryer and much warmer weather happening again as soon as a weeks time so this unsettled spell we are going into could be relatively brief by Irish standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Well once rain god Gerry Murphy is giving out the weather forecast then the weather is well and truly broken. He grins every time he mentions the word rain ,just as much as Siobhan Ryan loves the word 'frosty' .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I wonder if this dry spell is as a result of Evelyn Cusack retiring. Maybe she took the rain with her and we'll never see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭glightning

I think it does the exact opposite with all the smoke around! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

I think you might be living on the wrong island Gonzo 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Fog has cleared Meath.

16⁰

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's been the nicest start to summer that I can remember. Dry, sunny and warm for the most part.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

superb run of weather in Dublin. Exceptionally dry since early May and the last week or two in particular have been just fantastic, balmy warm and endless blue skies. You really cant beat these spells of weather, really lifts the mood

It's 20c in Derry at 8am. Not often that happens. Today for the 7th day the weather attempts to break.

Yesterday's heavy rain lightning and flooding brought a few mm to an odd location.

Today more organised bands may bring a bit more but warm sunshine a lot of the time.

18c in Sligo at 8am Knock is coldest at 14c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Most places should see enough rain between today and Monday to end the soil moisture deficits problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm going to be the first to say it 2023 was a brilliant summer😁.

No seriously even if the rest of summer is rubbish we have had at least 1 lovely hot spell, some summers we don't even get that.

Of course I'd love some more great weather at some stage but I'm not greedy, this is Ireland after all😁

One more lovely morning here in Co.Antrim :) Currently 20c and clear skies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a final nice warm morning here in Meath which brings an end to the current settled spell of warm weather. The change to unsettled conditions will take place later today in many places with heavy showers and possibility longer outbreaks of rain over the weekend and early part of next week. Temperatures will be close to average from tomorrow, generally 17 to 22c with most places reaching 20c during spells of sunshine so it won't be chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I will keep this in mind when August 2023 brings us back to form after the superb 2022 😉😂

On a different note, are you the Sryan that Mark Vogan regularly mentions on his channel? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Indeed, always asks me stat related questions on Twitter - how dare he ask a passionate weather statistician about stats right?

You are the statto sryan and MT is the maestro.

Nudging 20c again in Sligo. Some showers to the South. Nothing major yet. Evening if it lashes every evening its better have sun most days than NW winds and 13c like last year.

Yeah it was 13c at Rosses point 3 Sundays in a row last June. This June the SEA temperature off Rosses is 16c

You'll be getting famous soon for your historical weather knowledge!

• Advertisement

City of Derry airport is 26c already (11:20 metar). Impressive

Advertisement