Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

But when you plugged it into the box did you go into network settings and actually get a box ip like

192.168.0.127 and your port starts flashing on box.

I think moving channels around was discussed on earlier posts using remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hi sorry to be annoying you again but you mention "It should work over ethernet to your router or via the laptop if sharing internet connection over ethernet."

Is there any way you could explain what you mean by that phrase in bold? It sounds like you're saying theres a way to network it just laptop port to H7S port and access the network functions for rearranging channels through that?

Ive tried everything with it, tried 3 different cables and everything, the IP is showing as 0.0.0.0 because theres nothing there.

Okay thanks Ill give that a try when I get home on Sunday evening but tbh the whole saga has given me such an irrational hatred of it that Im tempted to just bring it back and get a refund and go with an Ariva or something I know will work.

The last thing I can think of and sorry for all the questions, is there a chance its this BlueHD skin that came with the box thats causing these problems? Is there a way to delete or disable this so its just whatever stock skin comes on the box? I do get the feeling when reading this thread and other forums that they're talking about different features that just dont seem to exist on mine and Im wondering if whoever installed blueHD and scanned the channels on mine before I got it messed something up.

Post edited by Thargor on

• Advertisement

It's user error as plenty of things are not in use as your on an old image version.

Many things have moved on as BlueHd is a skin some use but i use simple 1080 by choice.

Channels have moved and new listings of channels and if you drive a car it also needs to get serviced to run better.

If you got the lan connection working you could you could install a new image via remote and network.

Do you have an internal Hdd or 8gb usb stick if you needed to upgrade image.

Thats what Im asking over and over again though: is there anything I can do with a USB key to try and fix this or just change something in the hope that something starts working? Update the image is possible with a USB stick? Please someone just confirm that one question with a yes or no <<<

Please dont tell me to google it Ive wasted every evening for 2 weeks in my new house trying to get this piece of crap to do the most basic of functions you could expect out of the cheapest no name Chinese freeview box off facebook marketplace.

Thanks for the pm but they want your credit card and money to sign up so thats a no from me. Is there anywhere else like a wiki or anything? Everything you google brings you back to this thread then it sounds like people are talking about a different device.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Link to manually download the most recent version of OpenVix for the Zgemma H7S. (Make sure to match model numbers)

Link to instructions how to flash this image using a USB (again watch for correct model)

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/receiver-usb-flashing-guides/zgemma-usb-flashing-guides/

Once you flash the new image, a wizard will guide you through the initial setup for network and tuning etc.

All enigma 2 boxes with different names do the same thing .

One needs a good 8gb usb stick max size , Kingston , Cruzer , Integral , San disk.

Images downloaded are in zip format and need to be extracted first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I never to tried to move channels, but my curiosity got the better of me and I figured it out.

This is how I did it.

Press TV button on remote control

Select all channels

Press Menu on remote control

Select Enable Move Mode

Scroll down to the channel you want to move (you can use the side arrows on your remote control to move up and down quicker)

When you get to the channel you want to move press OK on remote control

The channel will then turn RED

Then to move it to where you want to place it, use the using the side arrows on your remote control to move up and down

When you have it where you want to place it, press OK and the channel will go back from Red to White.

Do this with all the channels you want to move.

When you are happy with your selection and order

Press Menu and disable Move Mode

Then press Exit on your remote controll and the new channel list will be saved.

Print this and go step by step and you should be OK.

Best of luck

Socks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭egal

Sorry to butt in here. My EPG has no programme information. How do I get it to show programme info?

What plugin are you using for your EPG , does your box run on an old image i wonder.

Epg getting saved to Hdd or Usb.

I don't know anything about plugins. I don't have an internet connection if that's relevant. EPG is saved to HDD.

Got it sorted. Thanks for your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Out of interest, has anyone got Kodi to work on their Zgemma H7S? It installs fine and starts up but then just crashes shortly afterwards.

Never got kodi to work on any boxes and people are told to use an android for kodi

That's the impression I got from reading some of the replies to similar questions on the openvix forums where the devs wash their hands of it. So why bother including it if it's known not to work?

BTW a new OpenVIX version was just released, 6.4.001.

Yes i saw it and not too much in a hurry as one person had a backup , reflashed box and their settings and stuff vanished.

• Advertisement

I bit the bullet and everything went OK, and it restored all my settings from my 6.3 backup. The only snag, and this happens, every time I flash a new release, is that normally my box is connected via WiFi for which I need a driver that isn't included in the image and therefore requires a plugin. As plugins are not restored, but downloaded afresh when upgrading, I need to connect via a LAN cable to do the restore. Luckily I have an unused powerline adapter I can use temporarily for that.

In any case, you can always flash it into an unused partition, so that you can easily go back to the old version if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Pacman2D

Does anyone know if you can watch media files from a USB flash drive on the Zgemma? If so, where on it would I find it? Do I need to download anything?

Think there is a front flap on front with usb port there , plug in usb and unsure if media scanner or Picture will open it.

Look in you plugins .

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have the older h2s version and as stated above by greasepalm the port is behind a flip down flap on the front. With mine its just plug and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Leonita

Anybody else having trouble with ITV1? There is terrible interference on this channel only. All the other channels are fine. This is night and day making it unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Hi, purchased this from world of satellite, triple tuner. 2 x satellite, 1 x terrestrial. Can't get UK fta channels working. Have saorview working grand. Not sure what's going on. I had an old gigablue receiver that worked on the same feed. I decided to reboot that to a newer image. After I flashed it I couldn't pick up any UK channels,thinking gigablue was fecked I got this zgemma. This is doing the same. Came preloaded with openvix from world of satellite. It's coming from Sky hybrid lnb model EL02B. Anyone any ideas. I think lnb should be ok but would newer openvix bring issues with this lnb type. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Make sure you have astra 28.2 for sat tuners selected?

I would be checking if you had other feeds NON SKY Q to check tuners on.

These feeds were they connected on a Q box as need to be changed on lnb to universal side.

Loose F connectors on lnb?

No blockages of line of sight like trees or buildings.

Hi, 2 feeds that are not sky related are connected to receivers. One is my zgemma and the other is connected to an old octagon. Turned it on yesterday and got channel 4 and itv. Box wasn't turned on in ages so no bbc, still picking up channels. Zgemma picking up nothing.

I've it connected to the right satellite. Other settings are what I usually pick.

• Advertisement

These are the settings for the tuners.

Tuner A.

Simple,

Single.

28.3e.

No

No

Tuner B.

Disabled.

Tuner C Terrestrial .