Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

I just got a call from Joe at Tesla UK asking about my MY RWD order and if I'd be interested in changing it to an inventory car. Informed him I had already ordered MY LR 3 days ago and when he checked the system he saw it and apologised. Claimed the system hadn't synced the orders!

Anyways, I asked him if I would need to complete another SEAI grant form. He hadn't a clue! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

What price are Tesla.and what is the advantage over other models

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Model Y in White or Black is €46,521 on the road.

Model 3 is €40322 on the road.

That will change in July as the grant reduces by €1500.

Lot's of advantages over other models, particularly the software.

Go have a spin and see for yourself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You’ll get the Reg on 21st. No need to stress about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Anyone collecting on Monday got their reg numbers yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Don't forget to check the document section under my account - I got my reg there the day before I collected it and I didn't get the text message till 2 hours before I collected

Thanks for the info. I do remember someone posting about getting the reg on friday and they had collection on Tuesday or something. I was wondering we would also receive it by today. Otherwise would need to chase up tomorrow again. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ftzr

Hi Blup

I like the look of these Hypervolt chargers. Where did you get it from? Wholesalers name would be great. Car is coming in next week, much quicker than I expected. Thanks

Hi MarieBee

My car is coming in next week, much quicker than I expected, with same spec as yours. Just wondering did everything go ok for you on collection day??

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

It just seems a pointless text message and I was asking if anyone else got that text with a TBC instead of a reg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

I am to collect my car on 26th (Monday) when would I get my new reg do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I got it direct from here https://ecarinfra.ie/

Installer's name is Tony. Very easy to deal with. Very professional, clean installation with no hassle. All done and dusted in days and no problems with the SEAI paperwork. Still don't have the car to try it out but know of someone else with the same unit and it's working well. Automatically load balances. Available with 5/7.5/10mtr cables. Cable management is excellent. App looks good. Unit is attractive and it's SEAI approved. Comes in black or white. Not the cheapest out there but the reviews I found online were all excellent and it's future proofed for solar.

Standard automated system.

Ingot a text about my service on the 530e while it was in the garage 🤣

Mondays are weird. It could come Saturday or Monday morning!

Your on the ball, fair play for the quick reply. My fuse board isn’t quite up to passing for the grant, so my local friendly neighbour sparks said he can install one , no problem. I rang Tony just there, sound guy. I’ll drop down to him with my sparks soon. I do like the look of the Hypervolt charger, seems to have everything

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jc64

I got my reg today! Collecting on Monday

Do you mind sharing how and when were you communicated with the reg information?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

Collecting Monday...still no reg?! 😐

• Registered Users Posts: 15 iamconsultant

Anyone else waiting for the SEAI GRANT mail, am yet to receive for my MY RWD inventory order, collection on Thursday..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jc64

Yip, I logged into the Tesla app, then hit the blue 'Go to account ' button. From there then it was listed with the order agreement & booking invoice. Was normally just those 2 and today there was 3 including 'Proof of registration'. Hope that helps and let me know if you want more info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

There seems to be a new "area selector" eircode option on the inventory page now.

Was that always there or is it new?

I haven't seen any MYs in inventory in days now.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

You have a 530e? what do u think of it - love the look of the M in them - have been very tempted !!

Decent car. Does what it’s supposed to do. It’s nowhere near as good as the MSP or M3P i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

You have Zero chance of getting agreement from Tesla to postpone delivery and registration until July for an Inventory car.. The discounts offered are conditional on taking delivery by 30th June and extending onto another financial quarter is never an option. By all means you can wait to pay until you get a confirmed delivery date (probably wise) but until it is paid in full it will not be registered in your name and even if it is paid in full you will not get agreement to either take delivery or have registration in July. Best you manage expectations around these parameters..

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

• Registered Users Posts: 31 super ted rules

My MYLR date has slipped from the 12th+, then 16th+, and now TBD. It definitely feels like people who ordered cars after Jan are getting delivered.

It looks like its going to slip into July or worse.

At this point i dont know if the grant is still valid as it was signed back in Jan.

The lack of communication is frustrating 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

Hi Ftzr, not long home having collected today. Everything went well, very smooth handover. Car was clean inside and out, with no visible problems like panel gaps etc. Just for info for anyone collecting next week re getting to Tesla. I got the train to Newbridge from Galway, and the 126 bus to Saggart Cross, a short stroll from there to the Tesla centre. The bus was early and there was no problem collecting. Best of luck with the collection. I am delighted with the car. There was just 20% charge so we headed to Enfield and charged to 75%. Got home to Galway with 30% left. Funny thing I was only charged €2.73 for 39 kwh, I thought it might be my 150 km free supercharging but I don't think that has appeared in my loot box yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Whats your spec and do you have a VIN? Pretty much everyone who ordered a black or white model Y LR has gotten their car (edit: meant collection date confirmed with a VIN), even those who ordered as recently as May.

Might be worth a call to ask what’s going on (although expect to be frustrated). In any case, expect a flurry of cars to hit inventory as quarter end appraoches, all likely discounted. Order one of those and cancel your original order. Unfortunately Teslas messy sales process doesn’t reward sitting patient with early orders. People will skip you left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

I think you are reading too much into it.. Not clear where you are seeing/heard TBD but Hold tight and wait until you hear before concluding anything. It's not unusual for changes to EDD etc to dissapear from website for them to reappear shortly thereafter (you have most likely seen this happen before if you ordered in January. Most likely valid date will pop up again. As regards the GRANT I would also not worry unduly. Anything you signed is likely to be just getting paperwork in order before actual Grant is applied for by Tesla which usually happens nearer to collection date, (often last minute).

• Advertisement

Grant valid for 4 months after 1st July. Well known and publicly announced.

Advertisement