Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conor McGregor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Senature

It's not the law that either parent gets to stay in the house, although it does often happen. Many people now sell up within a few years which can be a better way of making a clean break for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

There is nothing saintly about putting up with that behavior. Self serving would be more accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Allegedly, McGregor is involved in another rape incident, yet there are just as many negative comments towards the mother of his children than McGregor himself.

And the irony of "poor Dee". Whatever else may be said of Dee, the word poor isn't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Lads his girlfriend probably isn't entitled to a penny. Child support is virtually unenforceable and I doubt he has a single penny in his name tied up in Ireland. A stupid as some think he is ,he is smart enough not to marry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

But he’s engaged to be married. I don’t think it’s on his radar/mind at all “what if Dee leaves me?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

my prediction is that he will die in a hail of bullets from an automatic weapon on an American street having stepped on the toes of some deranged coked up gangbanger in a club earlier in the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭jj880

Jesus how brazen is that???!

Loads of people with phones out recording him lead a woman into the toilets and he doesn't give a f*ck 😳. His pregnant fiancée and 3 kids at home. That is jaw dropping behaviour. Surely she has to put her self respect before this public humiliation at some point. He is a lowlife scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

It’s fairly obvious there’s a good few here with little to no experience of domestic violence. It’s rarely easy to just leave an abusive partner for many reasons.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the crossover between, “Why do we need spend more taxpayers money on domestic abuse campaigns”, with, “She’s only staying with him for the money.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

You think he’s not going to pay a penny in support of his 4 children and that the courts wouldn’t force him to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Yeah there's no real plausible deniability there. Like his partner could have deluded herself, on previous occasions, that he's a completely innocent man who just happens to be targeted by all of these nasty gold-digging women. This kind of footage means that she cannot even lie to herself anymore about what he's been getting up to behind her back.

In the Sopranos, Carmela Soprano knows that her husband cheats on her but he's a "good provider" so as long as he's discrete about it she lets it slide. She finally blows up and kicks him out of the house after one of his mistresses rings the house phone and talks to their son.

McGregor has not been discrete and in a few years his own children will be old enough to find these kinds of videos themselves if they google their fathers name.

Regarding Conor: Domestic violence is nothing to do with Conor and Dee. By all accounts they have a very happy relationship. At least they seem to from all I have seen.

I know couples that would have been like Mary and John from Father Ted before they separated. Everything publicly was grand, but behind the scenes massive amounts of abuse were happening.

There’s even the very old cliche of “no one knows what happens behind closed doors”.

Domestic abuse is probably a better description as mental, emotional & financial abuses happen a lot in relationships as well. It doesn’t always show as physical violence.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Youd wonder was he that boozed / coked up he didnt realise how many people would see him doing it. Or has he gotten to the point he thinks he can just do what he wants and no-one will do anything?

Dee could be a long suffering domestic abuse victim as said here OR shes ignoring it for the lifestyle but I think its not fair to make a judgement on her without knowing the facts. Pure speculation.

What I could see happening is some kind of Tiger Woods intervention by his business interests. At the end of the day he is the face of a brand with investors etc. so this disgusting public behaviour wont go down well on that front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

McTapper in trouble again - this time stateside - his PR machine in overtime now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Very true.

His partner seems same.

Wonder how the children will turn out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Nope.

That's not the law,it does often happen like that though.

Regarding Dee’s entitlements.. no doubt she has quite a considerable amount spare cash that is all hers anyway..

Yes. But in this case I’d be fairly sure they are a very together/loving/caring couple.

Whatever about what he does is sort of irrelevant; she clearly is happy and ok to be his girl/fiancée/companion.

there has not been one sniff of any negativity from her regarding Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

What are you basing that on? She doesn't have her own income stream or business (as far as I am aware) so literally everything comes from him.

Sure she likely has plenty of disposable income but that's very different from "running away" money and could be switched off or drastically reduced in an instant.

Exactly. Quite a considerable amount of her own disposable income. I never mentioned “running away” money.

I have no clue what she would be entitled to. I am simply saying she would have quite a considerable amount of her own cash

and she would have her own income stream. She’s no doubt an endorser/influencer/sponsor and works for and with Conor.

reportedly worth 20 million herself!!

Style icon Dee is a businesswoman, model, influencer and much more.

“In her earlier life she worked as a waitress and model and is now a popular influencer on social media.

Furthermore, she is an important part of Conor’s management team, reportedly managing his funds, finances and training schedules.”

She previously worked as a model, and has become a social media style icon, reportedly earning large sums for sponsored posts on Instagram page which has almost 2 million followers.

Like I said, many couples that are on the outside very together/loving/caring are far from that behind closed doors.

Regardless of any arrangements that may or may not be in place regarding his open relationship status, his behaviour is not very respectful to the mother of his children.

Time will tell of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

It’s interesting that three pages into the thread nobody has been on trying to defend him or throwing out the usual lines of “jealousy”, “but he’s a millionaire” or “it’s part of his act”.

Have even his biggest fans realised he’s a classless cretin?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

She's lying and out for a pay day, half of her story has been disproved already. + She changed her story to suit the video. On non-Irish MMA/UFC forums everyone's calling her out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Through her attorney, the woman sent demand letters to the fighter, the NBA and the Miami Heat seeking a settlement in lieu of legal action, per the report.

So no criminal complaint?

Or I am missing something?

Further reading.

She reported the alleged assault to police in Florida on June 11th.

Not saying you're wrong. But is there an explanation for the video of him leading the woman by the hand into the toilets?

😂😂

Proper 12 taste test. Market research.

What can mcgregor say though? Im sorry for cheating but it was consensual. Surely no way out of that much at least!

For you, does the fact that the girl is likely lying about being assaulted excuse his total disrespect and humiliation of his partner and children?

Are you saying, look Conor never assaulted this girl, the sex was consensual and it doesn’t matter if his treatment of his family is disgusting as long as he hasn’t broken the law?

• Advertisement

But who does he need to explain to? Dee? She, like many other women seem to still stay. So it really is just a non-event then

The example both parents are giving their children is truly shocking to me. How is any of this acceptable to anyone?

You reckon he'll be able move on without any explanation? Even for his public image, brands etc. Maybe. Im not so sure. Video looks very bad. This will rumble on for a while Id say. Even if theres a pay off. McGregor very quick to dish out the judgements on twitter. Calling other fighters heroin addicts etc. We shall see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Still the same as when he was on the dole so. It doesn't take much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

One massive difference Tony Soprano had charm and class😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Honestly, one plausible defense is that he was bringing her into the toilets to do cocaine. Naturally he can't really say that explicitly but I could potentially believe that. Unless I missed something, I don't see evidence of sexual assault whether it happened or not. Don't get me wrong, he is a complete clown. I just don't see enough evidence for a prosecution based on taking someone into a toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

She had a bag of coke and he was fresh out? the man is clearly a hopeless addict.

Edit: I should work for his pr, he should spin this into a rehab story, rock bottom and a docu of his road to recovery.

If it turns out that he committed no crime, all it is is an encounter with a lady in a toilet.

He is not married, and when has he ever been seen as some righteous/moral/saintly man? He has quite the reputation already

He absolutely should not pay her off if he did nothing illegal. Paying her off would be seen by many as him committing a crime.

Yeah thats a possible cover story for sure.

Better be no DNA on that bag of clothes.

Even if threshold for prosecution isnt reached it can still be damaging for future deals. Would you be buying that recovery spray he was promoing when he layed out the mascot? Id say not many thinking bout his spray now with this carry on taking over. His partners on that one must be overjoyed.

• Advertisement

Agreed but not always that simple when big bucks involved though. Lots get paid off as it makes sense to just avoid the bad press. Imagine McGregor in a trial situation. Hed be ripped apart and mud flung in all directions. As you say. Quite the rep already.

Not sure what you mean about the not married part. By all accounts she supported him when they both had fvck all. Cooked all his meals etc. Both working for his dream. They have 3 kids with a 4th on the way. He owes her big time and should act accordingly.

Yea, but like I said, Dee knows him years and is still with him. It’s not the first time these type rumors have been around him. Dee will be fine n dandy.

He is not a married man, and that is that bit different compared to his current situation. I’d also have little doubt that if he was married, that Dee would still be by his side!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭prunudo

The more stories that come out and the more frequent they become, the more I'm convinced its not if but when that it will all unravel for him. Whether he believes his own bs, is playing up for his entourage, substance abuse or a bit of all 3, I don't know. But it will end badly for him and the sooner that happens the better as far as I'm concerned,.

For his kids sake it’s a case of the sooner the better his kids seethat this is not how good men are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Dee won't leave him. Just like Wayne Rooney's missus didn't leave him when he was riding auld wans.

If McGregor did end up in court and it was televised stateside I could see an Amber Heard type scenario. Everyone running for the hills not to be associated with him and a list of detestable deeds from a very unlikeable individual. Probably coked up to his eyeballs on the stand too. His team would look to avoid it at all costs if they've any sense.

• Advertisement

Have to agree with this. Doesn't take much for the sponsors to jump ship and the house of cards to come down. He must be close to cancellation. Few more fvck ups should do it. He'll be grand cash wise. Could end up in jail though which would do no harm.

I think he thrives on the notoriety and being a bit of a bad boy. Loves the attention from it. Like a big child, but very highly strung. Definitely plays to the gallery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Incredibly harsh comparing what McGregor has been doing to what Wayne Rooney did.

Rooney didn’t have numerous, violent, sexual assault claims made against him and he never hit an old man for not taking a drink.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Seeing stories stateside that he could potentially be looking at 12 years at a minimum. Police involved too so it doesnt seem to be about getting a settlement alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Lads its not beyond the realms of possibilty that the guy burns through his cash reserves. Tyson done it. Cage done it. It happens. He'll have plenty of people bleeding him too. He'd be a nobody in a state pen either. Sharing with bubba. LOL.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement