Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2023 ( Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

It's not knock out so there's not massive jepordy.

Galway v Tipp will be a much bigger draw then KK for Galway people imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭C4000

Outside the Leinster final, the biggest attendance at a match organised by the Leinster Council this year was at the Walsh Cup group match between Wexford and Kilkenny in January....13,000 at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,936 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Is there any chance of an upset in one of the preliminary quarter finals I wonder.Doubt it myself but u never know I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tipp will beat Offaly comfortably, so definitely not that match.

For Carlow, for me, the fact the Joe McDonagh final was 3 weeks ago gave them the chance to have their week of celebrations and back into things then. Can't see Dublin having a HUGE amount of motivation here. Can see it being a very flat match.

Not to be talking betting, but can see Carlow keeping Dublin within 8 or 9 points if that kinda tempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Realistically you’d only see close matches if the Joe McDonagh finalists played the lowest ranking Liam McCarthy teams.

but Tipp and Dublin came third in their provinces so I’d expect them both to win fairly comfortably.

I’d actually question whether these matches really serve a purpose. Promotion to the Liam McCarthy for next year should be sufficient reward for the Joe McDonagh winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Agreed unless they get a horrible day in Tullamore like it is here all day might level the playing field a bit

The purpose was to get lower counties to vote for the round robin. It serves no purpose in terms of improving the championship.

Still be interesting to see how Tipp go. You would almost forget they were still in the championship the way people are talking about the 4 provincial finalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I had thought Offaly would be able to keep it tight for the first 15-20 minutes but nope... basically it's up to Tipp to decide by how much they want to win this game by. It's a farch of a match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭eggy81

Jaysus were a disgrace here. Given up completely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This kind of hammering benefits nobody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Maybe over the last few years this could be a contest but Tipp are different gravy this year.

40th championship goal from play for Seamie Callanan, one of the all time greats.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tipp on another level but my god we are giving them some help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

47 scores in the first half, ludicrous stuff.

But as soon as this fixture gets scrubbed from the championship people will complain that Offaly won't improve unless they play the big teams 🤣

Was always gonna be tough for a team still building to get out of Joe McDonagh to be playing an All Ireland contender.

But is he good enough to get his own dedicated retirement thread when he goes like Bubbles got 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Treble double

That's a joke of a scoreline in one half of a game

Do they not even have a stretcher or medical team there ffs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Carlow staying with Dublin in the other preliminary quarter final. Up by 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,124 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tip scored 7-38.....my God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its ridiculous really, how is that even possible.

If you put 15 guys off the street out there they would hardly concede that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

12e a match and only 1 umbrella for the presenters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Rosita

Tipperary and Dublin both came third in their provinces. Antrim beat Offaly by just a point in last year's Joe McDonagh. Antrim drew with Dublin in the Leinster championship while Tipperary were beaten by the fifth team in Munster.

Today was fascinating from the point of view of comparing the provinces. Will be interesting to see what kind of game Tipperary (third) can give Galway (second) next week.

Offal very poorly conditioned in comparison to tipp. Just a shocking gulf in levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Jock_Ewing

I saw that with Offaly in the Joe McDonagh. Bar the Samsons and Duignan they were very weak and underdeveloped. Fellas doing their own gym program would be in better condition. Carlow were bigger men. More hill farmer type from the Blackstairs.

Carlow giving Dublin plenty of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sad when you think Offaly used to be competitive.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Small dual counties are always under threat from such, hurling is especially cruel if going through a bad patch. Hurling is basically played in a 7 mile radius around Birr. I hope to see my neighbours back.

Thanks for the Scor Beo app recommendation a few weeks back. It's excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Did Offaly deliberately field a weakened team again?

Advertisement