Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Damnit I forgot how annoying those Yiga Clan encounters could be. Grumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The underground ones are very satisfying. There’s nothing quite like the Yiga going to a lot of effort with elaborate machinery only to have their **** wrecked with a couple of eyeballs stuck to an arrow from a mile off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not as far into this as others, and have only revealed about 3 other regions: is it my imagination or do a lot of the conversations and progression hints gently nudge you towards the North? (West/East). A few things like Tarry Town, Goggle's lab I think, a few other quests to enable other mechanics... it's all towards the North - or am I going crazy?

Honestly I've stayed away from the Depths as much as possible; but what do you mean about the eyeballs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

You can fuse things to arrows.

Hold right trigger, then up on the D pad. Scroll through the menu with the right thumb stick. Let go of the D pad.

I know that part - what do the eyeballs do specifically?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Eyeballs make arrows homing arrows.

There’s definitely some guidance in the early game. There’s several hints that you should do the wind temple first, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've completed the first 4 temples and honestly, compared to BotW, just not loving this. It's grand, and it's still an excellent game, but I'm just not loving it the way I did BotW - personally, I hate building in games, and that probably doesn't help (and I have gotten all the powers to help with this)

I'm about 60% through the main story, I'd say, and I've done mostly over ground, so may delve into the depths for a while and detach from the story for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I was shocked when I realised how big the depths are and how much gametime there is down there.

Sky traversal got super easy with that fan hover bike trick. Spent a lot of time faffing about with balloons when apparently all that was necessary to fly about was sticking a couple of angled fans to a steering stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭jj880

True there is a lot of building. But when I got max stamina and found a zonai dispenser for rockets + springs it cut down on it a good bit.

Rocket shields and stacked springs (as previously mentioned here by boardsie who has found every lightroot) are really handy. Then just glide through the skys and depths.

• Advertisement

And done.

Still feel I've only scratched the surface of the world, half the depths unmapped, not every sky island visited, loads of shrines to find, loads of koroks, armour upgrades.......The list goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I think I'll leave it there at over 160 hours.

Final tally is

All shrines

All lightroots

All glyphs/memories

93 seeds

59 side adventures (filling the compendium is the only one not done)

Over half of the side quests

My final task was taking down a King Gleeok so good note to end on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Nice work. I'd be the same after 160ish hours. Take a break and then revisit in a few months when DLC is released.

I played briefly yesterday to try 2 things: take down a fire Gleeok which was the only type I hadn't done. Success there.

And test if the mystic armour can protect you if you fall from the sky to the land and have nearly 5000 rupees.

It doesn't.

Now I'm done. 😃

People keep saying how they forget about rewind and Ascend. I forgot clean about the parry. Was only when finishing off the shrines and in one where they took my weapons away, I was trying to figure out how to get the bot with the bow then remembered it. Didn't work but at least I remembered.

Looking at the Heros path, Ive barely explored any of the ground. So much more gaming to be done here.

You made me check mine.

It's crazy how much is recorded. Like if you play the path back it remembers your deaths and fast travels. Seems I fast traveled a lot. Though doesn't seem to remember every death. Either that or the more unlikely case that I died less than I thought.

Lightning Temple done. Loved it but my least favourite of the three so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished the Water temple. Was a bit easier than the Wind and Fire temples.

I'm starting to fill up on silly powerful weapons now and the white coloured high level enemies have appeared but they don't seem to be as damage spongey as in BotW.

Word to the wise, fusing stuff with Gloom weapons can lead to ridiculously overpowered DPS.

• Advertisement

Dont skip the gloom lynel (theres only 1 lynel) on the way to ganondorf. It drops something Ive not seen anywhere else thats very useful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Enjoyed the Ganon fight, he's got some moves but I was way OP by the time I bothered with him.

Will probably finish up the adventure log and leave it there. Have no interest in upgrading all the gear but might try and collect them all.

Yep same. I only wear the hylian set. Didn't have all three pieces upgraded either. Still kicked his ass and didn't have to eat a meal. I only use one handed weapons too as I rely on shields a lot.

Was a fun build up and fight though. A good ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I played for about 90 minutes before getting up this morning.

First 45 minutes scouring Hateno for people with no hats. Couldn't find everyone.

Spent the second 45 minutes farming bomb flowers from a bomb thrower over near the spiral on the east of the map. After way too many attempts, I got it working and now have 190 bomb flowers.

2 temples done, about 50 shrines and I'm 120 hours into this game.

This game is phenomenal.

Added bonus - I haven't bought any new games in the last 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I finished up the Zora sidequests. Went after Koga in the mine around Zora and the depths get really complicated the further you get from the starting area. Had to make a fair few detours but as a result I've made a lot more progress with light roots. It was also fun discovering some shrines on the surface that I'd completely missed.

I've about 110 shrines, 70 light roots and still have to fully explore the kakariko and Hateno area as well as the whole south region including the gerudo area. Also I've only just stumbled upon the three elemental dragons in the last 2 days. How have I missed these.

What I love about this thread? I periodically check it when it's updated, and nearly always left thinking "wait, I didn't know you could do that!!"

Nor I: I've seen a few tempting offers on Sale here and there but I keep stopping myself cos, well, I'm playing TOTK and quite happy to potter about in its world.

Have still barely touched the Depths and TBH that's preference 'cos the dark is just off putting. Not in a scary or atmospheric sense, just that it doesn't cause that sense of wonder & curiousity about what's over on that very suspicious-looking part of the map.

You'd be surprised how much fun the depths are. It can be good for filling in missing shrines you can't quite find, there's some fun boss fights, the yiga bases are fun, and usually you hit up light roots very quickly as there's no as many distractions. But frustrating when you come across a big wall with no way past but then it usually means there's another approach. The depths are also full of the most useful arrow add-ons like the middle flowers, puffshrooms and bomb flowers.

There are plenty of surprises in the depths. Usually nasty ones but I like the exploring.

You wont be long building up your zonai energy cells though.

Ah well that's the other thing: beyond areas where the game just leaves the pieces in-situ for a simple puzzle - environmental, shrine or otherwise - I've almost never used the Ultrahand to build shít. I'm still pegging it about the world on foot, or by horse if it's convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Look up the Hoverbike. Only 3 parts, low energy usage (although the more batteries you have, the better). It's a game changer (especially in the depths, for Korok friend quests, and for some of the more fragmented archipelagos). 🙂

Advertisement