Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

Won off a mark last seen 3 years ago which put me off, Cowell has done some job revitalising him for sure, doesn't seem to matter who rides him either.

On a long run of seconds here, must change sometime 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

things'll pick up for sure

no point forcing it - am tryna be more disciplined, me

2 hours solid study (just the races themselves, mainly) in evening before , and mebbe 1hr 1/2 in morning looking at jockey bookings / long travellers , f/t geld , wind-op , whateva, is the minimum required study time to get selections picked, for me

yep, bout 3.5hrs a day i reckon - aint alot really

hard to do that at home tho... definitely a study hub or summat under auspices of 'The Arts' (so not NGO funded) for to go - with no distractions ; have us a kitchen for tea / toast etc,, shoot breeze if want, but studying'd take precedence

prolly need other cerebral activities what involve artistry and the like to justify opening a whole building so's we could get us study on 😆

bout one hour solid studying is generally most i can manage in one go - prolly another hour then of half-hearted study, so that could be improved upon!

#uspuntersareartistsandwewantusa#studyhubfortobetterprepareusforour#waragainstt'layers#geturfingerout#ministerforarts

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

Discipline and study are key, would love to spend more time at it but work gets in the way, just another few years at the grind to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dusiker 2.15 Salisbury 14-1

Dusiker'll do me 😊

staying a '?' to be sure, but put in decent course effort lto on first hcap run over the 6f trip,,, gone win at 14s , and w/o the market top two @ 13/2 on BF

the 13/2 one looks decent price if ye're expecting a bold showing, but worried about favs

• Advertisement

ya , that one got the "Taylor Treatment" , did @Lunatick

if only ya had logged in ~1/2hr earlier hehe :pac:

all moot anyroad, as didn't finde hisselfe involved with any win or place 'judge troubling'

#notthefirsttime#htnabbedoneo'usselections 😆

meself and BTW have gone with Duisker (another Hughie Morrison one , as is Lunatick 😃 ) in Salisbury opener. don't be surprised if price is gone after nine in the AM, missus 😁

have gone off my earlier selection, Penny Be, at prices available

plenty o' other things to at apart from punting, tbf,, as an aside, me hopes it be sunny down ur necke tomorrow <well , today now> j@utisseesseee 😋

just noticed that Duisker (2,15 Salisbury) is owned , trained & bred by H Morrison !

more reasons to be cheerfulle 😃

been almost 3yrs since Hughie trained one of his own to win a race - Requited in August '20...

...someone else bred that one tho - e'd be getting la 'trifecta' up today if @Duisker wins

bred by Stimulation , and it seems they do well at the sprint trips ; tho it don't necessarily mean she'll no get ~seven 🤩

have looked at nought else for t'day , and don't care if I don't

g'l

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

What's all this buzzz about that 2:15 Sal race? So I went to check it out - yeah, point and shoot kinda pick and here we''ve just been talking about the study and discipline 😂

Duisker might provide Sophie Reed her first ever winner under the rules out of 39 (4 places) rides so far, Moodial is the only one with some decent pieces of form (I've actually backed her twice, incl that winning start, yeay), Penny Be's best pieces form is on this course and this is much weaker race that lto, and who's gonna be surprised if Barleybrown romps in after winter break, now being gelded, has had a wind op and cheekpieces slapped on - all the key strategies for that sudden yet justified improvement and a fun fact - his rider, Mia Nicholls, has a SR of 20%, very meaningful, I know . GL to all involved, but that's no my cuppa. I'll look for my crazy bet somewhere else 😂

it's Duisker and Penny Be (yay, drifted out to fours) for me in Salisbury first race 😊

no a race for getn heavily involvede in tbs: practically "Firm" going , poorish jockeys & hard to interpret form - eg a few are having 1st hcap run, but it's hard to make solid any kind of a case on t'formbook

trappy indeed !

sayin' that, you's only jealous, j, cos ya missed the bigger prices, and now main thread hope is priced @ ~9s 😋

"discipline" , oh yeah - paramount. a good way to be disciplined is to lose early with one or two bets, then quit for t'day... not that that'll (losing) be happening today or owt like that 🤣

also done me two picks in RF

that's exactly the kind of 'homework' that can only breed success, j 😁

if could do that for 6 or seven races a day, then no' much more is needed really, for to succeed financially in ye punting endeavoure... after that, let discipline kicketh in <for ta mitigate losses> :)

looked east about twenty mins ago and seemed ta be about a ten/fideen percent chance of sun breaking out... odds have lengthened since 😆 could be another sunbathing-less day pour la femme heeheehee 😃

• Advertisement

looked east about twenty mins ago and seemed ta be about a ten/fideen percent chance of sun breaking out... odds have lengthened since 😆 could be another sunbathing-less day pour la femme heeheehee 😃

Nope, I can't work on my tan today, so I'm gonna go the gym and pump some iron instead.

Did you see Alice Haynes is sending Ziggy's Dream to Chantilly today, to have a dash in Group3 race again. Is she good enough, has a listed race entry later in the year. Probably best watched, missed op odds of 8/1, 9/2 now... No bet.

be lying if I said I know what's going on (in general - which is usually) over there , or what big races are o'er in France, or what English/Irish ones are going to said races/racemeets

just checked y'day's Sandown resultes, and Karl Burke had a winner in 5furlong "Scurry Stakes" at Sandown - his always worth keeping eye on / almost backinge blind in them 2yo (esp) and 3yo, perhaps, quality sprints.. might've backed that one... but hadn't looked at that carde.. 😢

Ziggy's Dream into 9/2 from 8s! that a fair plunge tbs! - goes in first at Chantilly, the 1.06 there.. probably best watched as price looks gone - know nowt of the form of any in this tho ;)

njoy gymming it j@u, hope ya've a great day an' all 😊

still fair cloud cover over eastwards - westward there appears to be breaks between clouds; am in the middle and it's o'ercast with no rain.. say it's surely raining somewhere not too far away though,,

fair thunder 'nd lightning last night - was needed -: "jayzus it's horrid muggy, could do with a drop a rain to ease damn humidity!" 👁️‍🗨️

all told - hav still looked at nowt else for today... likely won't neither

#therebeotherdaysfinlandwasrobbed#gwantheHughiehorseinopener#gwanWyndhamClark

Ziggy's Dream into 9/2 from 8s! that a fair plunge tbs! - goes in first at Chantilly, the 1.06 there.. probably best watched as price looks gone - know nowt of the form of any in this tho ;)

😁 posted this @ 1.02 - forgot what time it was, and assumed that race was a ways off and not imminent 🤣 - must be sunstroke over heeh

weren't first race neither :) was one before that

anyhoo, 7/4 jolly, Ramatuelle, wins, with Zorken and Les Pavots 2nd and third.. don't know where Alice's charge finished

Pity it's only 7 runners in 4:25 Donc, I'm interested in TULEKYA e/w chances here, she's a CD winner (on soft though, small field too, fillies race nah nah), and she outran the odds in Newmarket lto. It's hot small contest, cases can be made for all of them; I'll put a small e/w in no fav market, just for a crack of it.

Ziggy's Dream drifted out to 15/1 in like minutes before start, unplaced at the end. I know nothing about french racing, maybe that's the way it goes...

9/1 Tulekya - looks value enough - could be 6s i suppose.. CD winner, can't be ruled out on the current Good/Firm going. go each way with the two places

don't normally like shorties, but fav, Laser Guided, is priced friendly enough @ 7/4.. win on jolly also + chance rev. f'cast

too many imponderables tho - can't make solid cases for much -good or bad- so not expecting to collecte, so not gonna go overboard stakes wise,

Nothing jumps off the page in Salisbury either, I went with Micheal's Choice in 4pm, he's seems to like it here, and mix and match doubles with a few shorties, 2:50 Under The Twilight and 4:35 Mistral Star.

ur fair throwing them out today, j

some good looking picks

if ur tryna teste us 'discipline' mettle , then you've succeeded 😃 me's did a fair few o' your picks, missusse 🙇

good luck to us , and everyone else ... !

no joy at Salisbury :(

that how it goes 🙂

Twilight BOOM !

5+ lengths victor, easy as !!

nice win for the small man

ganz gut tipping fraulein j 😁

Ah bugger, I haven't done single on the Twilight because it was too short, drifted out to very backable 5/2 :(

• Advertisement

pity that, j

they were all short enough, tbf, but them's da prices when the formguide points to live chances 🤔

poor Michael's ran no sorta race there - looked to be short of room early on in pack

that does for me 'j@utisseeee' ew treble :( 😭

that's it for me punting-wise for today

gl all who's still at it 😊

changed me mind about that. ##humbuggetochannelhopping

couple of races in Ireland

4.40 DP

LITTEL FLOUR 5/1 EW , BILLABLE GRANT 16/1 EW

not liking Elliott fav - at prices has q's to answer, imo

5,25 GP

VELLNER 9/2 WIN

:) 0)

yep , rubbish at DP 😬

no one could've found McLoughlin 33/1 winner - in fairness to me 😏

l when I was looking at the card earlier, I was flipping between Redredrobin and Micheal's Choice trying to figure out which one had more to offer this time, and I came to a conclusion that Micheal most likely didn't handle downhill track in Lingfield and be happy to be back here in Sals, but it wasn't the case - he's suddenly out the form by the looks of it after that good first run this season. I presumed Redredrobin had probably reached as good as she gets mark as 6yo in her 4th racing year but I was wrong. And so it goes as usual - always going with the wrong one when two are fancied.

Tulekya also didn't show anything, wasn't suited by the fast ground imo, I'll keep in the notebook, maybe some other engagement comes up in lower class and with some give in underfoot conditions.

Anyways, one of my doubles paid out and that covered today's outlay but I don't record multiples (I don't do them in general) in my mighty betting log (excel sheet), so 1.5pt down on the day.

WD j@u !

that was proper picking there 😁 2 from three = as goodasanytipster/punter,,, reckon +100% profit made out those - on singles 👊

fair play missus 😃🤣😊

not much joy, me; prolly did too many today, but figured they all had reasonable chances and their prices were good enough

might have one or two come Thursday, bit o' a battering today (those f/cast - rev/fcast bets really adds to minus balance when they don't come off 😴)

one or two come Thursday , or maybe Saturday 😋😋😎..... better off being demoralised and leaving off for a while, than trying to force them elusive winners ye nexte daye after 😩

things'll pick up :)

put down today in ye philosophical in defeat cat.

😁

one for tomorrow,

has chances , couldn't resist

wish he was 1pt or 2 bigger, but YEOMAN ~9/2 WIN, will do me in 3,40 Wolves... is CD winner from two runs back , trainer/jockey combo are 2 from 2 in last 21 days,,,

back to the horse: Yeoman hasn't got worst draw in coming out o' stall six,, should be lots of pace on and shouldn't mind the hustle and bussel here, and can go toe toe with them in race like this - seemed to be fairly cramped up front when Yeoman prevailed here in April, altho that one had far better draw then in box one.. will need to get good possy early on, and then 3yo would have right good chance

not so sure about King's Code ~3/1, who goes on AW for first time; and Covert Legend's ~9/2, form aint the best (zero wins -tho only four runs, plus was well supported lto on 1st hcap run) and has never tackled Tapeta surface, so'll not be overly concerned with the two above/close to le pick, in betting,,,,

9/2 a fair price, but not great, on the pick,,,

do me

g'luck

Carlisle - Good to firm-good in places

fair few fancied newcomers here, but can't have any realistic interest

CHUMBAA ~ 7/1 . bet to come placed @ 5/4 or biggerre

BACK BEFORE DARK ~ 11/1 EW

• Advertisement

3.20 Carlisle

ex-Irish Tammany Hall ~2/1, has to go down as a 'mehh' ; prolly a 'good thing' on 'ratings' tho 😏 not for me - putting no one off tho..

BASHOLO 9/2 WIN

SHARRABANG 11/1 WIN

SYDNEY BAY 20/1 EW NB.. yet to win but seems a versatile traveller thru his races - can go from front , rear or mid-div,, am hoping he be close to pace tomorrow (today now)

g'l

Advertisement