Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean Sweep

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

In fairness I stuck it out for the series. Concept was ok but a few too many fillers going on and a fair bit of dodgy acting.

The in-house ad at the start for local drama is a good idea I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,743 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I sort of gave up on it.

Can somebody tell me what happend?(Please)

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

I enjoyed Clean Sweep overall ... it kept my attention .... was interesting ... perhaps not all the acting was top notch .... but it was enjoyable overall ... maybe some of the stories were not completely resolved but the final was much better than a lot of the drama finals RTE have done .... only Kin and Love/Hate did better finales imv ... too many other finales were anti-climatic and/or left major storylines hanging ....

The series also had a different feel .... tried to do somethng different ... much much better than things like Striking Out, Taken Down, Finding Joy, etc. made just before Covid ... it also had a much stronger finale than North Sea Connection which was left down by the finale .... overall satisfied with this and while it was not Kin or Love/Hate it was more than decent ...

That ad for local drama is on with a few years .... clearly a sort of a ripoff of Love/Hate and Kin ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭cms88

Well that was a waste of time. Another show justifying women murdering people.

I think Fiona, the other Gaurd, has to be one of if not the worst TV character ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I would agree largely with everything said in that post. The main difference is that I did not bother watching North Sea Connection and I feel I did not miss anything there. I reckon that there will be a second series of Clean Sweep. I will watch it when/if it returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The English copper sent a photo of her to the husbands email and he eventually opened it, he went back home and it ended with him giving her a hug.

With an ending like that it looks like they are setting it uo for a second series but if they do I won't bother with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What was the oldest son hiding in the bushes watching the Ex girlfriends house all about?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

And the handing over of the money in an envelope for the breathing machine that the previous kid "doesn't need any more".... Was that supposed to be some sort of a dodgy deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Advertisement

Obviously. But the machine being delivered from the boot of a car and paid for with a wad of cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

What mother/parent cooks a breakfast every day? My lot get cereal, the most cooking that he's done is toast or microwave porridge which they do themselves from age 7!!!

I enjoyed the series, not complicated, could easily follow while doing some crafts so I didn't waste my time completely!

The only thing I disliked was the stereotypical stay at home mother, driving, cooking, making cakes for parents association and drinking wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

This was just crap. In every single respect.

To think of the money wasted on producing such absolute bilge.

North Sea Connection was ok ... quite good but the finale was poor enough ... it was still and all much much better than that Stirking Out, Finding Joy, Taken Down, etc. stuff ... Clean Sweep was good overall ... should get a second series ... certainly deserves it far more than that Striking Out that got 2 series ...

PS: ... I researched where I heard a similar name ... the other series was called Clean Break done before Covid .... cannot remember that at all? ... was not related to Clean SWEEP ... similar name as all ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She dumped him and he wasn't happy about it, he showed up at her house and her oul lad cleared him so now he's kind of stalking her.

Advertisement