Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

check the product matches the label on display

lild staff do not have time to be playing sneaky games to catch out customer that is getting a park run freebie

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

That doesn't justify placing the wrong, near identical product directly behind the SEL of products in the treats. Codes on shelves only and not on actual product packaging makes it even more common for this to happen. (Even on the correct products which have codes somewhere on the package, it is a different code to that on the SEL.)

This is happening over and over for the last couple of years now. This happened at a minute past eight on Friday morning. It is deceptive placement. Maybe not the choice of floor staff, but somebody knows that this is a likely result, and is okaying it Plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Staff at head office know exactly what they are doing. They have access to all the receipt and sales information. They know the products all look the same and are placed alongside or mixed into other very similar products. It's a dark pattern which puts me off giving them my business. Dunnes vouchers are the best IMO. No nonsense and can be used on all food.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

Yes, Dunnes is straightforward and the €5 off €25 works great for me. But, I am at least using the Lidl app again.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes it's happening too often to be accidental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

Had the same issue with the 33% off Formil products. Picked what seemed to be the 1.99 liquid detergent, it was placed under this label on the top shelf, but it was actually the 3.99 gel detergent (supposed to be on the bottom shelf). The small print behind the product does say "gel", but it's not on the main label, and the containers are pretty similar. The main label indicates either bio / non-bio / 2-in-1, they are the same variants for liquid and gel.

Could it be that the staff themselves are confused, with products so similar? They could think they're restocking a product, but in fact they're putting the wrong type in its place?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

as you know, not all shops are the same : you might fill the trolley with items , knowing you''ll make a good deal with 5off25 voucher (10off50).

But suddenly you find a product that is cheaper than last time you bought it , and has a big tag next to it : Matched Lidl / Aldi price!

If at that point you don't feel you're in the wrong shop, than keep calm and carry on ! Money are meant to be spent, not counted!

Yes, we all know about various ways to get people in the shop: a freebie or two , 1c carrot bags etc .

The way i see it with Lidl miss-matching labels at the shelf: it's their way to make you 'work' for the freebie , not to feel guilty you 'robbed' them

As the grandma said - mind the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In LIDL Artane D5 there's flyers for the new Clonshaugh store. I assume they have them in Clonshaugh store also.

Spend and save vouchers for the next 4 weeks, starting Monday 26th June.

€10 off €50 spend on groceries.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

It's disappointing to see Lidl continually engaging in this dishonest behaviour with the free/discounted products. It's even more disappointing to read posts here essentially victim-blaming anyone caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Somebody is playing sneaky games. Why are they restocking the same product into a spot on the shelves that isn't the spot for that product - when there's already ample of that product on its actual shelf spot? Makes no sense.

The notion this is all just innocent on the part of LIDL beggars belief.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

This thread feels like it's descending into CT territory! :)

There are usually simple explanations to a lot of things. E.g. it's common practice for supermarkets to fill out any empty shelf space caused by out of stock products, usually using a similar product that's nearby.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The same with the rose wine last week, there was none of the one on offer available but a very similarly bottle was in the shelf area. Looked yday (voucher had expired right bottles on the shelf). Seems a bit dodge

I've never seen anyone complain about Tesco club card price offers causing them to buy the wrong things. Also I notice the app doesn't consume your vouchers, they stay active in the app even when you've used them.

Free items collected no problem 🎉

clubcard to me looks to be a scam of late, they give a special price but only if you have the data collection card and that special price is more like the price it should be in the first place 🤷‍♂️

fingers crossed them reducing x amount of items recently will start a price war and we can get some normality back, items are still creeping up in price in Lidl, blueberries 500g went up 50 cent

Let's not forget that other total coincidence on "freebies"

( Because you didn't realise this smaller print says you have to spend €10, or €25, or whatever )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

That's gone now (for the moment anyway). A freebie is a freebie.

Gone because people complained to Lidl about the trickery with the tiny print, and wasn't a freebie at €9.99 or less. Plenty of people were caught by that too and wound up buying things they thought were being given for free.

Did Lidl make a statement about this or is this just an assumption ?

Plenty of people weren't caught out by it as well if they read the small print.

Personally I just shopped there a lot less. I'm going back in now as there's no minimum spend in the terms and conditions.

At the moment the freebies are actually better than the old days with the savings averaging close to €2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

But is it because the freebies are better, or simply because anything that was a €1 in the old days is now close to €2? 😅

Beetroot just shot up from 0.99 to 1.49 (organic) and 0.55 to 0.79 (normal). Yet another nice % increase.

Assam tea that shot up from 0.99 to 1.49 is still 0.95 up North.

No such thing as a freebie, you're paying for it through the rest of your basket. Lidl isn't a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Anyone else’s scratch cards disappear over night?

edit: they are back, they vanished but reappeared again.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

App acting strangely this morning, just checked after your post

So if a man walking down the street pointing a gun at people gets spotted as he approaches, by several people who run away to safety, it then doesn't matter that 3 or 4 didn't see him and were shot dead?

Not everyone has perfect eyesight you know. Extra small print takes advantage of a disability such as this

Sneaky behaviour is sneaky behaviour. If they've quit with the small print carry on for now it is because of negative feedback and complaints given directly by us. I've let them know several times what I think of what they've been doing, why I was spending less now, and I regularly spent nearly €200 per week there before the cost of living price increases.

Ah lads comparing a scenario in Lidl to people getting shot is getting a bit silly now, if you get the wrong item and get charged then take it back for a refund once you’ve checked your receipt

Okay, make it a less extreme analogy, to the small print and eyesight issue, than the one I took earlier.

Would it be right that, because most people would probably be able to enter, somebody in a wheelchair couldn't enter a store if there were a number of steps at the entrance which they could not climb?

The user to whom I was responding seemed to be saying that it didn't matter that some were fooled by those conditional "freebies" with the small print, as many other people weren't. My point is this is a very exclusionary and dismissive approach.

Nobody is being fooled lol people are just picking up the wrong items

small print on the app can be solved by zooming in on a screenshot or wearing glasses, for the blind folks out there I’ve no solution

I wasn't saying anything of the sort. If I got "fooled" once I'd make sure to double check the next time.

Your comparisons are silly.

Btw, I've to sit three foot in front of the TV in order to watch it and I've the type on my phone zoomed to max as my eyesight is desperate.

This is ridiculous. I can go into Tesco/Dunnes/Aldi/SuperValu with vouchers and have zero concerns about getting the correct item. And once the voucher is used it's gone. Only Lidl has this issue so yes it's clearly something they are happy to take advantage of. Do you work for them @OmegaGene ? You're the only person defending this nonsense.

• Advertisement

I do not agree with the posts I’m replying to and think they belong more in the conspiracy thread rather than bargain alerts, I use the app when I have something free to gain or get and it’s thanks to this thread I saved a fortune with the €10 off €50 spends and I also know when good scratch cards are coming and if they are crap like spend €10 to get a free item I don’t want them I don’t use it.

you may see that as defending the company but the company can go fxxx itself I’m just here for the bargain info and if people pick up the wrong item and don’t take the item back then there’s no helping them 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement