Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Going is GS to soft in places "4mm of rainfall Sunday 11th June. Dry thereafter. 21mm of rainfall between 20:00 to 22:30 Sunday night. 0.2mm so far Monday morning. Forecast: Chance of light showers Monday morning. Overcast by late morning 21°C."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

ya , noticed that , ta 😊

and humbugge to drastic going changes

am not gonna luuk, atm at least, but i reckon i'd have done none of me 2 races in Carlisle, picks, if going had 'soft' in it :(

#humbugge

4:00 Lingers - Egoiste 7/1, he was installed as short favorite in Chelmsford two starts ago over this distance but finished last (there was some mishap with lost shoe or smth), he went very close the next time there again when 3rd, has only had 7 starts, hood seems to help, let's do it.

4:30 Lingers - Fierce 7/2 hasn't visited the winners enclosure yet but has got placed on 4 out of 8 of his career starts. What caught my eye is that you can count a good dozen of other winners coming from his previous starts, rated into 80s and even 90s and he wasn't beaten far by or was ahead of them, so ability is there, he's dropped another 3 pounds and today it might be his turn.

good enough for me, j

singles + ew double - 5/1 & 7/2

if only saw ur post earlier, might've got 7s on Egoiste 😁

good writeups j@u :)

after Going gone (hehe 'Going' , 'gone' - was punintentional that 😅) south at Carlisle, am in no studying mood at all today :rolleyes:

GL j@u and all :)

• Advertisement

There's still Wolves card to look at, don't be lazy 😁

3:40 Wolves - Storymaker 15/2, she got placed in all her novice starts, recording RPRs into low 70s which coincides with her opening mark, jockey is taking a handy 5lb off, and step up in trip should suit. HT is tipping Yeoman in the same race, which means we get better prices for other runners ☺️

in 4:10 W - Carrey Street 11/2 is interesting, now 11lb below last winning mark over CD, Hollie D is a good jockey but I'm very wary of them small stables, Linda Stubbs has 3 horses in training... Bet or no bet, that's the question?!

had a good look at that race, J@u , and did a fair few laste night

four(!) picks + combi/'casts

too many to put up here - none was @Carey Street 😃

went with, Sid's Annie , Pavlodar & Prince Ali: each way on those ; plus included Give A Little back for ye 'caste purposes and went win only on that one

so, yeah, four picks in total; didn't put 'em up laste nighte cos figured "waay too many" , and also, it smacks a tad of #indiscipline! 😃

#trynacutdoonondat

:)

#finlandwasrobbed#neverforget#fkHelenMcEnteeandher#gardaífacialrecognitionsoftware#thinendofwedge#beenpredictedfordecadesby#hollywood#andforbetterpartofacenturybyauthors#alllikelymasonswhat#ruletheworld

gl all

😊

😁

BOOM Yeoman !!

forgot the time, didn't see race

#happyitwon#amback :)

Hugh Taylor just got mention re that 3,40 Wolves race - must've been us pick ;)

is he robbin' me tips AGAIN !! ?

😋

• Advertisement

looks like Lingfield 1m 2f surface favoured come from off the pace ones- today anyhow, ormaybe it's always dat way

wenchitty pick, Egoiste, ran well for a long way + rallied a bit late on, but oot t'places

#deregoesmeeachwaydble

wouldn't rule out @Egoiste for another time

#mustputinnotebookallracetracksand#howthetracksride#doitfavourfrontrunners/holdupperformers#neutralperhapsalongwith#otherthingseg#thetracks/goingewhat#favoursthosewhatcancomefromwaayoffthepaceand#viceversaeg#aresomehorsiesmorevulnerableonsometrackswhenthey#'lookhomeforall#money#etcetera

'obbo' time

Sid's Annie wins - one of many pickes me had in 4,10 haha

obbo here is : if i like a horse, then maybe the trainer of that horse might have his stable in form...

,,, eg his (Mark Usher) Bird For Life - what won earlier at Lingfield, and one what most of us on here prolly backed (not today by me 😅) many times in the past - could've been backed on 'principle of association' or somesuch

,,, but ya, goes back to what I'd "like to do" study-wise (if i had discipline) in that i'd look thru racecards early doors for such 'pointeres' eg jockey bookings , headgear , meets jocks go to (is there a fancied one somewhere else they could be on - but decide to go elsewhere? ) , even picking them winneres by association (if like a particular horse of trainer today, then maybe, they could be 'all in form' , or vice versa if gammy selection,,,

anyroad, all this could be looked at if have quiet/inspirational (like minded folke/s) place to go to - like a study hub...

.... course if i lived in a tasty terraced 'ouse (not them narrow ones what are scarce 12ft wide, but ones what are 50%+ widerre , ya know the ones: off (fancy) street , stairs up to them , railings and the like.. in one them , ya could be looking out at tranquil surroundings , nice lush (small enough, but can't have everything 😂) garden , so plenty o' peace for ye studye

course, if ya already live in one of those places, ya wouldn't need to punt, cos #you'dlikelyberich/verywelloffalready

Study Hubs is what's required for us Punting Artist(e)s - we be sensitive souls 'nd need optimum (ie peaceful and calm) conditions for to best utilize our talente

oh aye

made some ground up, but Fierce ran outta real estate

ran a good race tho

i've no more did for today 😊

g'l

Yeah, Fierce unlucky squeezed out at the start couldn't get the best racing position from the early doors, nothing else came nowhere close from mine but there's always another day 😂 WD on picking Yeoman and beating HT to it 😂

I don't live in one of those houses described and I wouldn't want to. Small cottage surrounded by countryside, somewhere not to far from everything but isolated enough would be my dream place to live (we're actually on look out to buy something like that but most of country homes are 5 bedroom mansions which owners realized are too expensive to run these days). Fair enough I get enough of peace and qiuet in our estate on the weekdays when all the brats are in schools and their wine loving parents must go to work, so I basically have the whole place to myself, only sheep are bleating across the road to offset the silence.

ta v much, j 😊

not 100% he did, but he deffo put summat up in that race, as comms/pundit give him a mention right aftere ye race

#thisnabbin'ustipsby#wellrespectedtipster@#HughTaylorhasto#stopjustlikewhat#EricClaptonsungaboutin#timesrecentin#presumablyarantagainstyerestrictionsandye#shamdemicce

sounds like ye have it solved, missus :yay:

good luck with living in ye stickes/countrysidee - far worser places to be in 😆

"wine loving parents" hehe good one

small cottage be grand if ye're on yer own, for me; ideally would want summat with ~4 bedrooms , which be more'n enough for me, but pad be bigge enoughe so's not to be cramped when folke visite 🤣

#eachtothereown#countrylivingbeatsmost :)

have nowt did for tomorrow - might look later on , but dinna have da inspo currentlyyee 😋

#silenceisgreatifin'detached'accom#haveoftenwelcomedtherain/wind/elements#bitta#mayhemoutsideefor#bittaindoornoisebufferagefrom#adjoiningproperties

#athome#silenceisgoldenunless#otherfolkarein#closeproximity

#finlandwasroddednevaforget

lazy studye timee....

watching a bitta racing talk on telly

bloke there give s/o to horse what come 2nd (hardly needs a shoutout as was only first run... and well backed too) in a race last week at Salisbury: the 3,40 on 13 June..... horse clocked v fast time then in last 3furlongs of that ~7furlong race, which was on Good to Firm-Firm in Places, Goinge

winner, Equatorial, clocked fastest last three furlonges in 35.27s , and le runner up, Jimmy Frankham, clocked his last three furlongs in 35.9s

also clocked the "(2nd) fastest fourth furlong" that Jimmy Frankham - clocked it in 11.37s

he give good shout to winner too - why wouldn't he?? 😂 on about the 'hood off' angles - musta been on for first two races,,, anyroad, winner, Equatorial, were sent off 5/4 fav for that race - jayz, hardly stellar knowledge this chap is coming up with!

😀

Okay... so back to basics today when picking the horses, as we all know it - good course, distance record, well handicapped or open to progress, good trainer/jockey stats, let's go!

But firstly... we have to make one, just one, exception to the above rule... Look at this 2yo baby:

It was 16/1 last night, I got on @12/1 earlier this morning, 5/1 now 😮 0.5pt on Malibu Sunrise and no more fun bets, and being too adventurous with the picks... Malibu was badly bumped on her first start on course but she stayed on at the end and recorded some good sectionals in the process and she went into my notebook for that reason. GL.

• Advertisement

not so sunny in sunny South East

goinge at Brighton is Soft - Heavy in places!

me feels vindicatede in doing no studye 🙂

😒😂

I see that Malibu Sunrise is ~9/2 shot - so still a mahoosive 'market mover' ...

.... but for reasones *inexplicable, the horse has been scratched from the "Market Movers" list on that website linkeed upthread 😮😕😲

.... 9/2 represents a 70+% decrease in price , which should have MS in top two/three on ye currente -and fluide- Market Movers list... hhmm

.... *Inexplicable indeed

..... ne'ermind - could be a pointer towards tomorrow 😁 as #INEXPLICABLE goes in 2nd last race, the 8.20 Newcastle AW... aint got much of a record (never won at Dunstall Park venue) at Newcastle, but can go close on a good day 😃 10s in paper

g'luck

No luck in that Thirsk first, Malibu was prominent for most but faded quickly in the last furlong, maybe she needs 5f after all. Anyways, what everybody is on in Ascot? Highfield Princess? I'm not bothered even looking at it, they're all very good horses but which is one the bestest? 😂

Also why ATR changed the look of their racecards, the top part where the odds are displayed, it's so frikin UGLY, I can't see what I'm trying to see, idiots always trying to fix what's not broken.

idiots always trying to fix what's not broken.

exactly - tis a headscratcher tbs

bunch o' 'gurus' 'nd upper management types thinking they "have to do x and y , else remain stagnant/be goinge backwards" - that sorta bs: have to 'update' business model/s or else they be 'obsolete' , thinking , is rubbish thinking

can't studye - with going likely to change :(

interesting one on that Ascot opener - winning horse dam's sire is Mark Of Esteem; one which gi'e Frankie one o' his 'magnificent seven' way back when 😅

Gwan Neil Callan

no bette , but da bsereage is gourmet heeheehee

#luvwhenyescripteisthrownoutwindow

took a flyer on FLAG OF ST GEORGE 66/1 EW in Ascot 3,05

#pointandshoot 🙂

^^

nowhere

:(

Imagine how many acca's and other multiples went down the drain after that first result in Ascot 😂

4,45 Thirsk

@Mereside Angel goes here, but is goinge on softe ground

Nap Time 😊

HIGH OPINION 4/1 WIN NAP

goes well on soft ground at sprint trip , lightly raced , versatile re how can be ridden , money come but still a good price at 4/1.. nothing else jumping off page here

sharp track/trip a worry, no doubt, but will take us chances regardless

• Advertisement

5.10 Stratford

PECKINPAH 14/1 EW

running okay when falling at course over further two runs back,, just three chase starts in total - first was over CD and ran a solid 4th from hold up ride,,, has solid place claims here - prolly won't win but should be staying on late anyhoo

price looks middling relative to chances , but still well in double figures. 14s as short as i'd wanna be taking here tho - will do me

g'l

Advertisement