Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

(Off-topic, but just had to clarify it...)

Deflating tyres is 100% interfering with the mechanism of an MPV.

mechanism

noun

1. a system of parts working together in a machine; a piece of machinery.

Tyres have to be inflated to a correct level in order to be road legal and safe to drive. They are part of the car system. While not mechanical in nature by themselves, they are part of a mechanical system.

Now, in the same vein, if someone doesn't realise they have deflated tyres and drives off, that's on them for not checking their tyres. People will brush off this as something no one should have to do every time, but the fact of the matter is that every time you sit into a vehicle and drive, you should have done those checks because the responsibility is on the driver.

So, not sure if controversial, but most people drive without a care for anyone else but themselves. People who call themselves good/great drivers are usually the ones who break speeds limits, go "straight through" roundabouts and never indicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Probably not controversial , but any one else but Gareth Southgate would easily win the World Cup with that English team. He’s a bluffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭TokenJogger

No that's what thinking sexism is acceptable is all about

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭TokenJogger

People who generalise against men are generally fat, unattractive, smelly, repulsive, feminists who are secretly resentful no man will touch them

Same goes for those who generalise against women

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone who can't pass the driving test in 10 years should be put off the road for 5 years, they are simply not material to be on the road.

Prime example this 21 times fail chancer who is on the road over 55 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

You sound like one of those middle aged bitches ...........he he.

Edgy, but deep down you know that is not really true.

You can't have sex with Sorbet..... ?

I think male behavioural degeneration begins to manifest itself in the late 40's. Any man growing a belly at that point is either happily married on a diet of a ride a month and a blowjob for his birthday ( it is an iconic accepted prezzie of the undersexed male species ), or , he is not a happy bunny and is burgeoned with emotional and possibly physical discontentment, which manifests itself in toxic social behaviours which can include workplace menace.

Females can improve after menopause, but only the ones that want to. Many female bullies are not acting out, such types simply are complete chunts and need to be stood up to very quickly. if a middle aged female in your workplace is your boss and starts bullying you it is not because she is trying to develop your talents, not at all, it is because she thinks you are so phucking useless it is about time you got your act together. If you get one in your face you better up your game, it will not be her first rodeo either.

Men in power tend to delegate their beatings and don't like to get their hands dirty, outraging and ranting around the office has an unpleasant optic. unless you are a vertically challenged solicitor, small rich men are extremely dangerous to be around.

Gotta go, my eyes are stinging, dawn is rising, my coffin awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KissMeArse

I obviously hope the fellas in that missing sub are found but the amount of news coverage it has received is absolutely ridiculous - it is literally front and centre of pretty much every news outlet. There are many more news stories deserving that kind of attention/exposure, most notably the ones around people being needlessly killed in Ukraine (I get there is an element of fatigue to this but doesn't make it any less tragic) or other similar stories. Just seems to me a bit mad that the story of a few gorillionaires undertaking some vanity project that has gotten into trouble takes precedence over other more deserving news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I recently got my driving license in Spain.

In Spain, you cannot legally drive a car without a full license. No accompanied-by-a-full-driver, no learner's permit. You get your practice by paying for lessons. Its expensive and frustrating and slow. Took me four gos to get it done. But then that's it; you don't have to jump through any more hoops

There's plenty of **** drivers about but I know they don't hand out driver's licenses willy-nilly here. Wasn't there a time a while back where they turned learner's permits into full licenses if a certain number of years had passed without passing the exam?

You don't get chancers like that knobhead in Spain. And I say knobhead because he thinks its a big joke. He's clearly a dangerous driver who refuses to accept it. No-one has a right to drive; you have to prove you know how to do it, at least just enough for the exam but this guy is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How much is his insurance bill ?

How can he afford it ? His insurance companies must know from getting a copy of his learner permit for 20 years ? I'd be absolutely fleecing him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Nothing wrong with the level of coverage it has gotten.

It's an interesting story, on top of it being a tragedy it highlights mans arrogance and idiocy and people are fascinated with anything to do with the titanic.There's also a race against time element which adds interest to the story aswell.

The war in Ukraine can be covered at any time in , this Titanic sub story can't because it won't be a story in another few days.

This story I imagine has been a godsend to news media everywhere, it really breaks up the drudgery of the usual news cycle of war, political bullshit etc

(ps: Apologies for potentially trivializing these events but I imagine that is how the media sees them)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I absolutely despise SUVs - they are mostly very ugly, bad for the environment, they scream entitlement, ignorance and selfishness and are just not suited to our roads and particularly our urban streets.

Tax the hell out of them, I say.

It's a laugh to see people arguing that they really "need" them to ferry themselves and their offspring - no, you just don't. But they get very angry - even violent (see earlier posts in this thread) - if others challenge them about it. You are simply trying to justify and rationalise your deeply inconsiderate and selfish decision to buy and use these vulgar wheeled monstrosities.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Not a controversial opinion, but a very unpopular one - given the strong anti-urban sentiment in Ireland - that I shared on the Depressing Irish Towns thread:

Much of the problems of Irish country towns are the legacy of very poor/corrupt/inept planning in the late 20th Century and a strong anti-urban sentiment pervasive in Ireland that allowed for a proliferation of one-off rural housing in ribbons along roads in the hinterlands of towns when this development should have been in the towns themselves - making the only housing estates built in these towns (before the Celtic Tiger/property bubble) local authority estates and subsequently giving many towns a rough reputation as the social mix of town residents was skewed more and more towards low income/disadvantaged groups.

The anti-urban rural middle class have been very happy to live in their deeply unsustainable one-off dwellings and as a result have massively eroded the social capital of these towns.

It's been a self-reinforcing negative spiral of decline and decay for many Irish towns over the past 60 or so years.

We all got a little to fond of latex gloves during the pandemic, and now we're wearing too many of them too often, and dumping them, with no chance of recycling - just more waste to be incinerated or go to landfill, because we can't be arsed to wash our hands after handling meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've so little faith in humans to be able to wash their hands properly, I'll be happier with the gloves for now.

• Advertisement

Most of the people that wear gym gear everyday never see the inside of a gym. People should wear real clothes on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

spitting on the footpath, while disgusting, #could save your life

#if ya spit, ya might look hard/scummy , so the scumbagge ferrals might leave ya alone = less chance of getting beaten to death

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Leggings shouldn’t come in size 14 or bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Society has a real problem with a decline in real critical thinking and objective analysis. Instead, we have people jumping on bandwagons left, right, and centre (in the political sense of those terms also) rather than thinking for themselves. I think a lot of this has to do with a longing for community and acceptance. In addition, and as a result, any kind of debate is taken far too personally and many are unwilling to even examine different viewpoints and opinions. As someone who is politically moderate due to the escalating extremism on both sides, I can see it getting worse and worse in that space and it's alarming. I'm not sure where it'll end TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭orourkeda1

I like Alex Jones.

https://www.orourkeda.blog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I dont like gender neutral public spaces, I think women have a right to feel safe & comfortable using a bathroom or changing room. Public toilets & changing rooms are now becoming another place for women to feel cautious, nervous & on edge, especially in pubs when you're trying to avoid a creepy man whose been following you around the place.

I'm female and have no issue with 'gender neutral toilets ' or just toilets as they used to be known🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johannmall

Laffin ! If we dare post our most "controversial " opions, they wouldn't make it past the mods !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Thats ok, you're allowed to have no issues with it. I never claimed to speak for all women and neither should you or anyone else. That doesn't negate the fact that allot of women & girls are uncomfortable with this & dont want to use gender neutral toilets & changing spaces, lots of women have already had bad experiences with gender neutral toilets & changing spaces & they aren't even that common yet.

Advertisement