Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disabled delivery driver looking for support

• 15-06-2023 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ross81

am studying at the moment (mature student) and was thinking of doing part time delivery work. I have my own car. problem is my mobility is limited so was wondering if anyone would like to partner up in doing deliveries? I'd be doing the driving and the other person would basically collect and drop off food, etc. You'd need to be based in or around Clontarf or I suppose Dublin NE area in general.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I nowhere near you but best of luck mate!

maybe another comment will encourage more people to click in and potentially see it!

You could also ask the same on some Facebook groups you might get more people interested there!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Have you worked out how much you are actually going to end up with after paying for the costs of running the car and giving a share of the fee to you partner? Would doing something like Uber be more financially rewarding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Not sure if UBER/Taxi would be suitable either. Passengers would expect some assistance with bags etc every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ross81

good points. We'd have to share fuel costs. also today I found out food delivery insurance could be 150+ a month, yikes. The Uber route may well be the only alternative driving job and I certainly have seen taxis displaying blue badges in Dublin but who knows if thats cos the individual cannot walk very far rather than being unable to lift bags and such. I suppose I wanted a local delivery job, something without prohibitive startup costs (as my current vehicle wouldnt be suitable as a taxi either) and have a partner doing the "heavy lifting" as it were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Can't see how you could make money if you have to pay someone else to do the deliveries and employing someone and asking them to pay half the fuel?

These types of jobs are minimum wage stuff...

• Advertisement

• Is it possible you could set up your own business where you could be a supervisory licence holding driver for people holding learner driver permits and practising? Not everyone has a parent, uncle, aunt, friend etc available to sit in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

How long to be a driving instructor? Huge demand at the moment.

The dual control kits are only a few hundred euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

You can make money doing it if both driver and passenger have a just eat, etc app. And you dont actually care about the quality of the food being delivered. Just make sure that you have 2 orders per run.

Better still use 3 phones.

As for insurance, pay per useage through Zego instead of getting a policy until you know it's worth it or if you are doing it long enough each week to get a full commercial policy.

When your splitting fuel, make sure you take the wear and tear of vehicle into consideration.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement

so basically pick up, say, 2 meals ordered at roughly the same time and deliver them on the 1 run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Guffy

Exactly yes. If you want to pm me any questions on it feel free to.

Advertisement