Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen sink, waste pipes

Options
  • 19-06-2023 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have I connected the waste pipes under kitchen sink right?

I did it the same way as the instructions but when I look in YouTube, they have them the opposite way around. That is, what I have on the right under the main sink, they have on the left under the small sink.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi, what you have is right, the main flow from the sink will drop directly down and into the u-bend rather than having to travel along the horizontal pipe where it would be slowed slightly. The smaller sink can take that horizontal path as the flow is expected to be less from that sink anyway. The only item which I could recommend that you change is the length of the flexible overflow pipe - that should be running with only a small amount of slack and no u-bend in it as otherwise it will catch water and debris and start to stink. Is it possible to cut that flexible pipe or are the ends pre-terminated in fittings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭iba

Thanks very much for your reply.

Not sure if u call the ends of the overall pre-terminated or not, but they have ridges. I don't know the words. I'll add some pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Perks

Scrunch the flexihose up as much as possible, no need to fan it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭iba

Brilliant people, thanks very much for the advice/tips. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement