Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was sent an invite by my boss for that, he told me about it months ago and it lead to a lengthy discussion about cycling between us so he must have remembered

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yep, really weird, Saturday you could have loads of club coffee spins around

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wasn’t sure where to ask this as didn’t want to open a thread.

Any feedback on Rose bikes? Looking at a pair of shoes well priced but I’ve never used them before.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A clubmate has had a few of their bikes and they're great!

I've bought parts off them and they arrived promptly and well packaged.

Got my race bike and loads of gear off Rose over the years. Prompt, good customer service, highly recommended. I ahve heard they no longer ship bikes ot Ireland but a) don't know if that's true or not and b) you aren't asking about bikes.

Make sure you are looking at the right price, if it's rosebike.com, it sometimes treats you as U.S., so doesn't apply tax.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks.

Went ahead & purchased the shoes. €148 delivered as a opposed to €170+ elsewhere. All from the German site so no extra charges at all, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

May throw something like that into the basket while getting the shoes😀.

Owner say 7.5kgs with pedals

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wouldn't trust someone who takes the care to line up the logos on the wheels so carefully but leaves the bike cross chained that badly.

Nice bike for sure - might come free with the shoes? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I'm guessing you don't do a lot of group rides?

Most cyclists don't know or give a fcuk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it was a joke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They used to b great, but the last few times I've used them they've been deathly slow

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Got some gear off them last year for the commuter, new wheels tyres etc... Prompt delivery and no issues. Just last week got a letter from them saying I owed a further €7 euros which is a bit bizarre given I bought the stuff via paypal and paid with order.

I've been riding a Rose CX as my main road & gravel bike for the last ~8 years or so and find it excellent.

a letter?

Finding this out now, still not shipped two days later. Hopefully customer service can advise on the delay at some point.

Order now refunded due to no stock.

Post edited by dahat on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I bought a car from the UK a few years ago via a broker. As it wasn't available in the ROI, it wasn't listed on Revenue's VRT calculator. The broker said he would estimate the VRT and I sent him a total of approx €20,000. He was pretty accurate with his estimate on the VRT as he was only €4 out. He sent me a bill the following week for €4. WTF?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Reply to my query this morning

Hello,  

Thanks for reaching out to us.  

We are very sorry about that, during the changeover in your order of the delivery service, the shipping costs have increased to the basic shipping costs of 9.95 euros. Therefore, the amount was still open in the system and you have received the reminder. We have now generated a credit note, so that the customer account is balanced. We apologize for the circumstances.   

Any questions? Please feel free to email us.  

Best,  

Andrea  

ROSE Bikes Team 

The German site I used more often these days is bikediscount.de which have good prices but also seem a bit less prompt than they used to be on delivery, e.g. ~2 weeks now, used to be about 1 week. I've stopped using UK sites since brexit unless it is a part I can't get elsewhere.   

I find myself using Bike Components, delivery is about 7 to 10 days (looks like their courier bulk ships to Ireland once a week). Prices are good and they even do a price match but I've never bothered.

I’ve actually ordered the same shoes from Bike Components so hoping for better luck. Still no shipping confirmation so will see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

What happened to the roads you wouldn't cycle on thread?? Just curious.

• Advertisement

Apparently if a poster is banned their threads get hidden or something

Pity, I was curious about what other cyclists "black spots "were.

Start another thread?

apparently if a poster is banned, there's an option to delete all their content too. if that's selected, any threads they started are deleted.

Bit **** for the contributors no? Not giving out or anything, surely the algorithm could just blank him out or something whilst maintaining the rest of the thread. Anyhows, thanks for the explanation, I was worried it was deleted because everyone was bashing ncd 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Was wondering what happened the ‘what changes would help to get more kids cycling to school’ thread but guess it’s the same

Yeah, that was Dzopee IIRC. Could see from other threads that their time on boards was going to be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

No doping in field sports, but not an eyebrow raised to "blood injections" as a headline on a gaa story...

The TII Twitter feed has been hacked. I think.

• Advertisement

they deleted the tweet; it was a tweet by TII with a poll asking what the biggest hazard on motorways is, and the options were animals/pedestrians/cyclists and scooters/road conditions.

Advertisement