Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This afternoon I annoyed with myself for opening two threads that I usually avoid; the conspiracy theory thread and the so-called "etiquette" thread. Conspiracy theories can be entertaining at times, but reading posts with people bickering about them just sapped the little energy I still have.

And I could add the 'What's the etiquette here?' thread as one of the 'Things you just don't get...' for me. I was going to elaborate but the words I was going to use would probably have been twisted into something scatological. 😕😄

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Went to close the fridge door while looking at the TV.

Hit the water dispenser and water splashes out onto my hand and the floor 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Flies. Fat, buzzing, bumbling flies. I think somewhere in our house someone has secreted a machine that manufactures them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

i turned on the Ireland game only to find its geo-blocked 😡 and now F1 practice has been red flagged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

A neighbour that continues to spell my name wrong on txts. I even spelled the correct spelling out once and they still do it. But then again most people spell my name wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

New neighbours drilling at 6am on a Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Going all day, get to sit down and it's bedtime. WTF.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mornings.. I don't do many but I hate them..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Socks that are too long.

It's impossible to tell the length by the way they're packaged and the label doesn't have measurements, just a shoe size.

I suppose it's better than being too short but still annoying.

Doctor gave me a different pain killer last week and one of the side effects is listed as " flatulence "

What it fails to mention is that said flatulence is absolutely feral. They are the kind of farts that change tone four times and force the dog to leave the room.

Suffice to say, I am not popular in the house right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Stuck in a narrow space which was crowded with post-exam celebration crowds, the girls moved out of the car's way soon as they spotted it. But this group of 4 boys kept up their leisurely pace in the shared road/ walking area.

It was obvious to me that they were enjoying the power of holding up the traffic, what annoyed me most was that one kicked a pigeon who was pecking on the ground in their direction.

This was an inner city pigeon and reacted instantly but ta'ed me just the same.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When you're watching a video on your phone and you go to press the volume up button so you can hear it better but you accidentally hit the power button located above it, which switches off the screen and locks your phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Beckett Brief Slammer

Queuing for a chipper, why do couples/gangs of teens etc go in together and only one from the group/gang of them buys something...ffs in a chipper today i was sandwitched between two couples who were doing light petting ... whats the excitement of being in a queue for a Cheeseburger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

That people are still putting "F" on FB posts. It's been around long enough for said people to know there's a notification option!

TA 2 that people still don't know the difference between off & of

I've got 6 pork pies baking in the electric oven and the power's gone off. Marvellous 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭danfrancisco83

My boss is one of the smartest people I've ever met, but he says 'Chicargo'. It really annoys me more than it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was going for a shower.

I got a towel out of the hot press in the kitchen and also decided I'd put my car keys in my bedroom.

Went into my bedroom then had my shower.

Then I realised I brought the car keys into the bathroom and left the towel in my bedroom when I went to dry myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And in a possible all time record for me, while rooting amongst the crockery for a particular plate, I managed to dislodge and break simultaneously two side plates and a cereal bowl #ffs 🤨

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The return of a certain poster who has never had a thought she didn't feel the need to share. Need to figure out how to work the Ignore function on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Click on your avatar, top right-hand corner.

Click edit profile

Ignore list is one of the options.

I think you just need to type in name and hit ok.

I'm waaaaay to nosey to have anyone on ignore...fomo is real here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl who go around cranky and moany as, and then refuse to change out of their black jog pants and winter-weight tee shirt

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Back to the office today. First time since 10 March 2020.

There seems to be a new trend for men not to wear ties with suits. Instead the top button of the shirt is open and no tie.

It doesn't suit me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A particular you tuber who because English is not his native language pronounces Aviation as Ah / vitaion and how a plane aquiplanned and not aquiplaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was having a lie in Today because I was off work.

Got a phone call to go to different branch which was fair enough.

Parked and put my pay and display ticket up.

Got back to the car this evening and realised the ticket was blown over.

Wondering now did I get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA'd by a random 01 number calling me. I'm pretty sure it's a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Went out for a run approximately three minutes before the most biblical rain I have ever seen in my life outside of Florida. I've gotten out of the shower less wet than I was when I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

A friend of a friend is visiting later....they've never been in the house before.

So the usual visitor blitz has taken place. Windows open, a spray of febreze so everything is "fresh".

Himself has made a fish lunch......ffs , probably because I don't eat fish the smell is worse , but Jesus Christ the place is reeking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

On the bright side, you might never have to do the visitor blitz for them again if the fish smell isn't a hit with them. 😄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or, God forbid, they may invite themselves for dinner!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement