Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yeah, she interviewed the high profile guests herself, and left the others to someone else.

Classy when she only managed to get 12 podcasts together, and only one guest at a time unlike your LLS example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Yea, its all very strange how all the tabloids hate her and spend their time trying to catch her out. She must have done something really bad to be the recipient of such hate filled newspaper headlines.

No one can figure that one out LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes, it's a mystery alright. Many people have said over the years that they are rude, entitled, lazy people who bully and/or blank those they deem beneath them. Maybe it really is as simple as they actually are rude, entitled, lazy people who bully and/or blank those they deem beneath them. I mean, how many people have said this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

That terribly right wing newspaper, the Guardian, has an interesting opinion piece. Marina Hyde is a respected columnist. Respected by me, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ah I remember the horror of when she was called a diva by Mariah Carey, good times! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement

As self made as much as a Kardashian is self made! 😂

Her parents were divorced. I don't think there is anything 'silver spoonish' about the way she was brought up. By your reckoning everyone has a silver spoon in their mouth if they got a half decent education.

Doria was put through college by Meghan in the last couple of years when Meghan got the 'Suits' role and could afford to do it. Thomas seems to have had a great ability to blow money.

Her parents were divorced but Thomas Markle paid for everything and had sole custody of her throughout her tween and teenage years. Where was Doria during this time? Has it ever been explained?

She went to private schools and also her dad paid her college tuition, which, in the US, is not an insignificant amount of money. So it's commendable that Meghan put her mother through college but Thomas Markle doing the same for Meghan is "blowing money"?

Of course that is all bullshit. Not one person has had a bad word to say about Meghan. All her 'Suits' colleagues have said what a really nice person she is. Simon Case, who is in deep **** over Boris Johnson's partying (this is the guy who set himself up to investigate the parties at No. 10 even though he was at the parties!) was the one who brought the bullying charges without the consent of those who claimed to have been bullied) and which the Palace failed to make public its findings which is a form of abuse because Meghan was not given the opportunity to clear her name.

The so-called bullying amounted to staff getting emails which were sent by Meghan at 5.30am in the morning! Hardly sounds like a lazy person to me.

Harry is the exact opposite of being entitled, lazy or deem people to be beneath him if you just look at the charities he founded.

Now, name the many people who have said that they are rude*, entitled and lazy etc.

*Piers Morgan doesn't count.

edit: PS - neither does Dan Wootton count. Is this where you get your information. GB News. LOL.

Unconvinced, Dan described Meghan as “entitled and too lazy to work hard,” while Lady Victoria Harvey pointed out that “people loved Prince Harry before” and so Meghan “has dragged him into the dirt.”

The Duchess of Sussex reportedly palmed off the podcast grunt work of interviewing guests deemed less VIP onto her staffers, adding her voice to the discussion afterwards.

Of course, the bold part is a lie.

Post edited by jm08 on

You clearly didn't listen to the podcast because that is what the podcast explored (briefly, Diva used to be considered a very positive attribute - think Maria Callas for example, now it is considered to be a derogatory description used to denigrate women who are ambitious (i.e., pushy women).

Congratulations for being the perfect example of what the podcast was all about!

• Advertisement

Well yes. Everyone who earns their own money is self-made. The opposite would be someone who inheritated wealth and didn't have to work. For example, Kate Middleton's parents are (or were) self-made millionaires. Prince William inheritated all his wealth. William is not self-made.

Harry is the exact opposite of being entitled, lazy or deem people to be beneath him if you just look at the charities he founded.

😄 Harry literally went to court a couple of weeks ago with zero evidence of his claims and said that how he feels overrides all that and if the judge doesn't agree it's an "injustice". Then there's the racism, dressing as a Nazi, not doing his own school work and more. Yeah, totally not entitled.

Didn't he abandon one of his charity events to attend the lion king premiere so that he could "network" and get Meghan a job? Sounds like a stand up guy

Yea, in a few years period, Meghan had a baby, moved country, had a miscarriage, won a lawsuit against Daily Mail, moved country, set up new enterprises, moved country again, got pregnant, had a second baby, made documentary, won loads of awards for her work, and executive produced and presented 12 podcasts.

Phew. She sure is lazy.

According to Doria's half brother:

Despite claims by some that Tom was Meghan’s main parent, Doria’s half brother, Joseph Johnson says the opposite.

In a rare interview, he states very clearly that she was raised by her mother and grandmother because Tom had such a busy work schedule

The story about Doria being a flight attendant isn’t correct, she was never a flight attendant.

When she left Tom she worked for a travel agency- a job she’d also done before she married him

She later established her own small travel agency, which failed with the arrival of the online booking boom.

She became a Yoga instructor and later a social worker.

She’s never been in prison.

She has a bankruptcy for a credit card debt on file and one driving violation.

Her addresses over the years are public record.

She was not involved with her father’s accidental death, nor was she his carer and she wasn’t living with him at the time of his death. She was nowhere near.

Her half brother from that side of the family was living with him and he continued to live in the house for at least a year after his death.

She did not cheat him out of anything

Doria, probably with help from Meghan, bought his share of the house from him.

When Tom won the lottery, he paid for Meghan to attend Immaculate Heart private school. The school was right behind his home so she lived with him during the school week

It’s been well documented that she spent weekends and holidays at her mother’s home and also that Meghan and Tom still ate their evening meals with Doria

Meghan lived with her mother when she was on college breaks and she frequently visited her in Toronto when she worked on the Suits set.

The reference to Tom blowing his money was he went bankrupt having won the lottery blowing his money on some stupid investment that went bellyup.

She won scholarships to College and also worked to pay for her own college tuition.

Tom's lottery win paid Meghan's school fees in a private school.

There you go, all explained for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Dangerous driving is a criminal charge as is reckless endangerment, and with a little time reviewing NY State criminal code I'm sure further criminal charges could be applied. Don't confuse administrative penalty and criminal liability. If footage exists of a road user acting in a manner which places others at risk if harm? It's far more serious than just a traffic ticket.

But anyway onto the question that you swerved. You believe that Harry is in possession of footage showing the truth of the high speed chase? That he is saving for his documentary? That despite having his, his wife's and his staffs reputation trashed on the basis of a claim that has been dismissed by NYPD and any reporter that's reviewed the claims?

That despite the immediate good it would for H&M, for their claims and in reinforcing their narrative, that Harry is keeping that footage for his next Documentary? That he would rather what, give the anti H&M media enough rope to hang themselves, before pouncing at some much later time with the video evidence that kicks the stool out from under them?

You're clearly very knowledgeable about the bullying allegations. Could you let us know what the outcome of the investigation found out about the allegations?

Sitting at home sniggering while they wait to release their "Gotcha" when it will be old news? 🤔🤔🤔

Yep, not buying that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Enjoying the thread lads keep it up!

Clearly and proudly I didn't! 😃

I have read excerpts from it though:

"At the end of the episode, Meghan then speaks alone, in a voiceover, and recounts that moment for her listeners, and how that moment made her feel.

"It was all going swimmingly, I mean really well," the Duchess of Sussex gushes. "Until that moment happened, which I don't know about you, but it stopped me in my tracks… when she called me a diva! You couldn't see me, obviously, but I, I started to sweat a little bit. I started squirming in my chair in this quiet revolt, like, wait, wait, no, what? How? But? How could you? That's not true, that's not… Why would you say that? My mind genuinely was just spinning with what nonsense she must have read or clicked on to make her say that. I just kept thinking, in that moment, was my girl crush coming to a quick demise? Does she actually not see me?"

Meghan continues, "So she must have felt my nervous laughter, and you all would’ve heard it too. And she jumped right in to make sure I was crystal clear. When she said diva, she was talking about the way that I dress, the posture, the clothing, the quote unquote, fabulousness as she sees it. She meant diva as a compliment. But I heard it as a dig. I heard it as the word diva, as I think of it."

Why would she think that way of herself at first before Carey makes a clarification? Maybe she felt that way at first because it was to close to the bone?

"In March of 2016, Meghan filmed an advertising campaign for affordable Canadian clothing chain Reitmans which was “marred by clashes between Meghan and the creative team”.

When the ad was filmed in Montreal, she reportedly insisted on being booked into a hotel under a fake name (“The production team were flummoxed. No one in French-speaking Montreal knew Meghan,” Bower writes) and “criticised the hotel’s Tempurpedic bathrobe and slippers. She wanted Dior. The tea was the wrong blend and the vegan green juice was warm.”

“‘The Princess is coming,’ sniggered one assistant as, hard-faced, Meghan arrived on set, avoiding eye contact with the crew. She disappeared upstairs to her dressing-room,” Bower writes.

“‘She was always fed up,’ one crew member noted, ‘Sighing, huffing and rolling her eyes at things. It was heavy-going working with her.’”

After the shoot, the ad’s third director Jean Malek allegedly took to Facebook, posting: “She is definitely the meanest person I’ve ever met. Just saying.”"

But I'm sure you'll just dismiss this as you always do with some rubbish of people being jealous of her. 😂😂😂

• Advertisement

Absolutely nothing, other than the RF probably realised that they were all made up allegations and decided to replace the investigation into producing guidelines/procedures on how to report bullying etc. They decided they wouldn't publish these.

So, in summary, the RF decided not to report back that the bullying claims were total nonsense and yet again failed Meghan by not clearing her good name.

There were photos of Harry in the back of the car using his phone to video/take photos. I presume he still has them and will probably use them at a later stage in a documentary. He hasn't said he is going to do that. I made an assumption because he was taking photos/videoing from the car as to what was happening. I imagine his security staff were doing the same.

You are assuming that the NYPD are not doing anything because it didn't happen. It would not be the first time police have decided to play down what happened. Maybe if we had a few proper investigative journalists around to ask questions, that might have done something about it. Harry is taking on enough legal actions at the moment, without taking on NYPD.

KC told Harry he was on a suicide mission taking on the press. He sure got that right.

Harry is taking on enough legal actions at the moment, without taking on NYPD.

Ah, jm, that is just priceless! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Harry Windsor, Prince of Trials.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

To succeed in the world of media you need to be extremely talented or have a ruthless work ethic. They don't appear to have either.

It's pretty clear that they thought that just sticking their name on a project was enough 'work' on their part - why wouldn't they, it's what the royals do. It's the staff that do all the actual work in their world.

Even for the hardest working royal - Anne, it just means she turned up at more events. It's not like she's on the blower with the mayor of Hull and RAVEC sorting out the logistics for a ribbon cutting of the new maternity wing, or taking days to write an insightful, yet politically safe speech. It's courtiers that do all that stuff. It's beneath them to get stuck into the actual work of what the Royals do.

So I don't know why people in organisations like Spotify thought that these two would actually like, work. The phrase it does what it says on the tin springs to mind.

So, in summary, the RF decided not to report back that the bullying claims were total nonsense and yet again failed Meghan by not clearing her good name.

The conclusion you draw is a bit of a stretch for even the most ardent of Meghan's supporters. perhaps if there weren't numerous reports of her bullying behaviour over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Ah, JM is going to keep defending M and H's 'good' characters despite evidence to the contrary!😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

You are suggesting that the NYPD were told to stand down and pretend this high-speed lethal chase didn't happen? Or at least not log any wrongdoing of any description in relation to this insane high-speed, near-catastrophic chase?

Who could have ordered such a thing, and more importantly why would they make that order?

What benefit would it be to them? What if injuries or fatalities did result from the high-speed chase? What then? What if members of the public came forward with video evidence showing the chase did in fact take place? Would that not make the police force appear incompetent?

If Harry has footage of this crazy chase and you think he isn't going to pursue another legal case, why would he not show the footage to the world? Why would he not vindicate his/his wife's claims? Why keep that footage secret? Why not share the footage that would put an end to the ridicule that he and his wife are enduring over this? Why hold back that footage for a year or two when nobody cares anyway?

Sounds like you need to take off your tinfoil hat there for a minute buddy and let your noodle cool down a bit.

It's more likely Harry's footage was presented to the NYPD and they were too busy laughing to log it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

I don't recall either Harry, Meghan or any of their agents, PR asking for the contents of that report to be released. It was always going to be private but wouldn't you or I, knowing we'd done nothing wrong, be shouting from the proverbial roof tops for it to be released so we could clear our name? That didn't happen here. Also still waiting for them to sue Valentine Low who was the first to detail bullying allegations in The Times. Funny that they still haven't.

• Advertisement

Maybe they're just so very busy with all the other litigation? Maybe it's in a queue, like legal triage?

Advertisement