Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-NSC on the flight line in Toulouse;

Note the last row doesn't actually have a window, same can be found on BA, IB and Vueling.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sherology

Must be close enough to delivery? There's another due this year too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FR738

It’s a shame they didn’t add the black mask around the cockpit window for the A320neos. Would be much less bland looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

It wouldn't make a huge difference, in my view. I note that some other carriers such as BA and LH didn't adopt the "mask" either, possibly to maintain a common appearance across the fleet.

Engine run and taxi tests complete so first flight will be very soon, delivery follows quite quickly after that, usually 2-3 weeks.

The second, EI-NSD, is due towards the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

That a relaunch of what was planned for 2020, the plan was to alternate between CDG and BCN with 1 A321LR and LHR with the other LR each morning

Its a no brainer, expect BCN to appear for Summer 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

I don’t think that is entirely correct.

in 2020 Shannon was planned 2 A321NEOLR and 1 A320.

the based A320 that used to operate all the Heathrow flights was planned to do Paris or Barcelona and then the later Heathrow flights.

with the A321NEOLR doing the first Heathrow flight and being back in time for the New York/ Boston

here for reference

https://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/aer-lingus-announces-two-new-flights-from-shannon-airport-in-2020/38666856.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Its great news. Although missing out big time not resuming it early feb 2024 as its missing out on mid term, valentines and 6 nations business. Its great news though as Shannon could really do with the hub connections

Also times are scheduled in such as way that passengers from Paris can link up with connecting aer lingus flights onwards to Boston/New York. For once Aer Lingus well done if that does well potential for the service to have a greater frequency than bi weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

6 Nations is in MRS for 2023 and only x1 LR based when JFK goes in a break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 soiben

Cork looks set to have a neo based with the booking system showing 3 of 4 daily flights set to be operated by one from the 8th of November. Id assume this gives a general idea of when they expect to have EI-NSD in service and operational?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Plan is all flights to/from LHR operated by a NEO either the 320 or 321 as the landing fees are significantly lower than the CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭dublin12367

Would have thought they’d all be based in Dub as aren’t they bringing in reduced landing fees for newer aircraft also?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sherology

Cork is DAA operated so that offer likely extends there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Whilst the Dublin charges are being talked about being brought in (sounds great on media soundbites), the LHR lower charges are already in place for the neos, so it makes sense to have them focused on LHR routes. Basing a neo in Cork will actually make the route more profitable due to the lower landing fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The Cork-based aircraft generally just hops back and forth from Cork to Heathrow 4 or 5 times per day so there will be multiple savings on landing fees per day.

Aer Lingus UK had a 72% load factor in April, the A333 replaced the A321 on JFK towards the end of the month.

Emerald Airlines UK also had a 72% for the month.

Source: CAA

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

I see ei gaj was on the tenerife flight this morning eifnh is on lanzaorte in the morning is down to demand or short of a320s

Dublin-Tenerife was cancelled yesterday so an A330 did todays flight.

todays Cork-Lanzarote was cancelled so tomorrows Dublin-Lanzarote will be on a 330

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Trampas

And 2 hour delay to ace this morning. Nothing like getting up at 3:30 to arrive and find out a delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Is it staffing or tech aircraft impacting Aer Lingus?

You would have taught after last year they would have more robust plans in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Yes essentially the Engineers are working to rule and are leaving in droves.

This is ei nsc test reg

Looks like ei edp is have some issues in Cork the last couple of weeks ei dek secluded to fly to Cork to cover the flight 2nd time an aircraft had to fly 5o Cork to cover for it and cancelled lanzaorte flight last week would they be not better of sending it back to dublin to see what's going on with it

Cork-Lyon announced. x1 weekly on a Saturday from 23rd of December until the end of March winter only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

Im sat on an aer lingus plane now. Bus out to the Southgates, they only board from the front, unlike Ryanair. Pain in the ass. You now gave to pay extra to bring a bag onboard, if they have room left, they didn't when we booked the flight, the q for bag drop in Dublin Airport was a shitshow earlier... now as usual in Dublin, the seven am flight won't leave until at least 7:30... God I hate Dublin Airport delays and Ryanair are firmly ahead in preference over aer lingus....

• Registered Users Posts: 46 coupons1987

Don’t understand the use of only front steps at the Southgates, pre-Covid I definitely remember front and back, just more penny pinching and the shoe string amount of staff they have maybe.

Also are they ever going to repaint the jet bridges in the old logo and now seriously faded the whole brand is back to being sloppy. Muller when he was there had got that all in order even some of the busier outstations with 3rd party handlers had the uniform.

Mueller did a great job with the corporate brand, I believe updated brand guidelines were commissioned and implemented across the business during his tenure. The inconsistencies of the ‘dot com’ era were phased out and the ‘96 brand was given a minor but effective freshen up.

There was lots of promise with the new brand image in 2019, I know the livery disappointed many but the overall refresh was a huge improvement in my opinion, unfortunately it has been implemented terribly.

The shamrock is the most important aspect of the brand image yet its application across the system has been woeful. There are numerous examples of it on air stairs, airport signage and boarding doors appearing wonky, peeling or with yellow staining around it.

A lot of detail went into the new brand guidelines but from day one they were sadly ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

EI bag drop seems to be like that. I waited 45 minutes for it on Thursday.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Two set of steps on all flights on the southgates apart from first wave. Once a plane is going in and out if that makes sense.Two sets not allowed on the first stand on way down on the corner.

Advertisement