Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

I think it's fair to say that while there's more than likely not a conspiracy on Lidl's side to rip off customers, there does seem to be a recurring issue with customers being charged for items that they believed would be free. A simple fix for Lidl to avoid this issue might be to do what they did in the past and put a small Lidl Plus sign next to all the weekly freebies or the respective shelf labels. Makes it easier for Lidl Plus users and also promotes Lidl Plus to non-users.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Part of the issue seems to be that they are re-stocking the 'space' for the LIDL Plus product with a different, similar product.

Put a sticker on it yes - but leave it empty.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

Fair point, I agree... Lidl marketing probably wouldn't though!

Well part of the issue also is that LIDL marketing aren't distinguishing their products enough from each other.

If you think about Tesco \ Dunnes \ Supervalu, well, with a range of brands \ own brand the products are far more differentiated. And the usual complaint is about picking up the wrong size product and thinking it was in the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sonnyandme

I work in Lidl. It's not a conspiracy 😂. My first lidl, they told us to fill gaps to make it look full, and in my current store we are told to leave them empty to help with orders and pack out in the mornings...it depends on the store. Also there's usually new staff that don't know the difference and mix stuff up. Or even sometimes older staff. We are human and fallible, sorry to say. A lot of the times you're short staffed and mess up cause you're in a hurry.

Also we do put up lidl plus cards beside lidl plus products every week. Look out for them. At least we do in my store...others should have it too but not too sure. I do think people overlook them cause they're not looking out for them tbh.

And best time to go get your stuff around noon because by evening it's gone and morning we are still packing out our deliveries usually. Chilled stuff and meats are usually packed out before store opens and the shelves straight after. ✌️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Can’t blame the store for filling the gaps, there’s nothing worse than empty space on the shelves

The internet isn’t for everyone

The shelves aren't empty though. There is a specific gap. There's loads of the similar product right on the shelves next to it.

We're told the staff are run off their feet - so don't waste time restocking what doesn't need to be restocked.

staff are doing what their manager tells them to do and if he doesn’t want that gap then what can they do ? Or as the poster said new staff can make mistakes

just check the product it’s not rocket science lol

if people are so angry then vote with your feet and walk away

It's bad customer practice and it is annoying customers. And people have done exactly that ie walked away. And this is a discussion forum for people to talk about the pros and cons of LIDL plus. So there you go. It's a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

One time a couple of months ago, I had two parkrun codes during the same shop and the items I had chosen were blueberries on one and the regular apple juice on the other.

I first picked up the blueberries - 125g were the free ones - but there was no price under it and they were placed right beside the identical 250g packets which had the correct and more expensive price under it. I thought it odd but picked up the 125g. I then proceeded to the get the apple juice but again, no price sticker under it, only under the cloudy apple juice. This struck me as odd as it was quite the coincidence that two parkrun freebies were missing their pricing information.

I believe it to be the discretion of the on-duty manager about whether to leave the pricing information up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

There are occasions when it is not possible to check it. As has been pointed out earlier, the product code which you have to check against the included products in the app is listed on the shelf label but often isn't listed anywhere on the product itself. I got caught out by this once where there were two different variants of 200g Blueberries (I think) listed on the shelf labels, only one of which was 50% off, and only type of 200g Blueberries physically present on the shelf with no indication which of the two labels it was linked to.

Check your receipt and return items if they are wrong or ask a member of staff before going to the till

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I always check my receipt and I have returned stuff that has been mispriced more than once. But that's not the point. If the only way to be be sure of getting a discount is to guess that you might have the right product, and then having to go back and disrupt the queue and delay your own departure from the store by demanding a refund if that turns out not to be the case, then there is an issue which should be addressed.

I never guess I check the product code or ask a member of staff if I am unsure, shopping is as easy or complicated as you want to make it.🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

Anybody finding Lidl fridge items are going off well before tgeir time, pointless emailing C.S I’ve bought several items over the past three weeks that have been gone off within days of buying. Ranging from smoothie that’s exploded when taking the top off, mouldy garlic bread 9 slices, sour smelling grated mozzarella and now today a bag of cheddar I’ve bought over the weekend the pack is fit to burst, it’s dated 31/7. It’s been in the fridge the whole time and it’s not the fridge as Tesco and Aldi purchases are perfect.

Post edited by amber2 on

Must be the temperatures of the lorry or Lidl are not up to scratch, that’s awful having things go bad so quickly you should complain

• Registered Users Posts: 25,040 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Happens in hot weather, bread goes mouldy in shops, milk goes sour when near the front of display. We're still not set up for this warm weather

• Registered Users Posts: 25,040 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Got no scratchcard today 🙁

i got lovely strawberries yesterday and this morning they shriveled up starting to go off, it isn't even that warm in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 10,415 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Got milk in SuperValu on Friday dated 20th. Was in Aldi later and they had some "salmonella corner" milk that was at its sell by date but I bought it anyway.

Opened both by mistake. SV milk was sour yesterday, Aldi's is still fresh as a daisy.

Yeah, I know we're going off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Never had issues getting a wrong item…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The issue isn't the staff on the shop floor it's the staff choosing what's on offer in the app in headquarters. Instead of offering 33% off all their own brand deluxe (or whatever level) soups, sausages, pasta sauces or whatever they are offering they only cover a slice of the product on offer. Yes they well know what they are doing. One bottle is organic this and another isn't and they're all mixed in the shelves and look and are named the same. Sometimes the labels aren't there to tell you what code applies to what item. Compare that to Dunnes or Tesco 2 for €3 or 3 for €5 offers - they are very clear and it never feels like they are trying to con you.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

On the debate about whether Lidl management are involved or not, some of you might remember the Porridge saga.  

Now I don't think I've ever seen porridge out of stock in my life but on the first morning when it was on offer all of the normal stock was suddenly missing, replaced instead with a more expensive though similar looking version. I went to two other Lidl stores (ok I obviously have way too much free time!) and found that the exact same thing had been done there also.  I asked staff but they said they only had what was on display. The day after the offer ended the normal stock immediately reappeared.

To me this shows pretty clearly the attitude Lidl management have to their customers.

I complained to customer service who profusely denied trying to deceive customers and said they'd give out to the local stores. But really Lidl's actions are so blatant and widespread that I felt sorry for the CS girl trying to claim black was white. Don't confuse customer service with management btw. CS is just a little department set up to keep you well away from management - who have better things to do than talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Good tip I got was to wash berries in a solution of water with a spoonful or two of vinegar when you get them and put them into a glass container in the fridge, they last much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

One way to avoid picking up the "wrong" freebie is to put it/them at the front when going through the checkout.

So when they scan it, you can see if it goes "item and immediately underneath - cost of item".

If it doesn't show no cost for the item, you know then it wasn't the free one and just say to the cashier, "I don't want it".

It also saves having to go back in later.

This week’s coupon code is PARKRUN167 and will allow you a choice between funsize pears and fruit and nut mix to help fuel you for, or recover from, your weekly parkrun.

top tips - can't add until tomorrow and check you have the correct product lol

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭questionmark

Had a box of eggs today from lidl, best before the 28th, four out of the six, had gone bad. Never have I got bad eggs before, smell of them made me gag 🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭EarWig

I would report that to Lidl. Bad eggs can be dangerous.

Strange days indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I always check product code and picture of freebies…shocking to see ppl not able to identify two different packs of oats which are priced differently and if placed wrongly they definitely look different😀😀

and even if discount not applied just give the product back !

How many are running parkrun in first place…rant over😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭questionmark

Ya I'm after googling it as I have never seen eggs like that before, when I cracked the egg in two the pan two had brown/ black stuff in them ...which Google says is bacteria or fungus. I could understand if maybe someone put one egg with a earlier date back in the wrong box, but I have no idea how at least four had gone bad. All were been binned and I don't think I'll be able to stomach eggs for a good while 🤢

Advertisement