Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭jj880

Great to have the hoverbike in the autobuild favourites for sure once you get a good one made. They can pull off to the left or right if you dont build them properly. Very handy.

Just found a cemetery in the Depths full of gibdos for gibdo bone (fuse power 40) farming if you've already cleared the sandstorm. In the far southwest corner. They make for some very powerful arrows.

Running round now with sensor set to chest. Only about 15 shrines left to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You... Tube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

It's the only thing keeping me coming back to the depths!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Am I missing something or is the hoverbike not fairly useless? I primarily just goes upwards, yes the stick lets it steer but always in an upwards direction so ground gained is fairly low, when the battery runs out your way up in the air, and the only way I can descend is by letting go or jumping off?

I make mine with the 2 fans front and back at a 45 degree angle facing down and behind if that makes sense. So when you take off you are already moving forward. Easier to get a good one made if you put the steering stick upside down on a stake. Give it a quick test run then save to favourites in autobuild. Stick a large brightbloom on the front if you like. The more you put the nose down while hovering it will descend slightly. I just jump off if Im near an unlit lightroot. Ive 8 full energy cells at this stage though. Makes the hoverbike a lot more useful. Although if theres a handy way to land it Id like to know also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

New Tears of the Kingdom amiibo to arrive later this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If anyone wants to spend some platinum points.

Haven't got it myself but I'm sure there are likely spoilers in there and the other link below.

Also, 40 page preview of the upcoming strategy guide.

And the guide itself is you want

• Advertisement

I have only once looked something up in a guide or whatnot: and in that case, it was because <redacted> was apparently located in Hyrule Castle and I didn't wanna go there and accidentally activate the EndGame set pieces & structure without realising.

Sidebar: I do have one gripe - and it's a big one that happened me last night. There was one of those Monster Hordes who get their own overall health bar, they were part of a Quest I was curious about. The horde was pretty big, so about halfway down the health-bar I paused and saved the game, happy having dispatched a dozen monsters. I then died, so fine; I loaded my save.

... however, whatever way data saving works in TOTK, when I reloaded it reset & resurrected ALL of the Horde, yet my equipment was now depleted to the point it was reduced to at that save. Absolutely teeth-grindingly annoying; I've wasted a tonne of arrows, food and weapons and have nothing to show for it. So I buggered off back to Lookout Landing in a huff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No solace now, but for big encounters just let auto-save do its job - you're usually planted right beside a big fight, with resources restored to where they were at when you started it. If you are manually saving mid-fight you're going to overwrite that.

Not for me though; even Auto Save seemed to reset the mob, which is why I just saved manually in the first place. When I died initially, the auto-save plonked me where I thought I'd be - but with the mob restored to full strength (I think).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh yeah you'll have to start the fight again regardless with auto-save when you die - just a better way to hang onto resources and try again at full strength! Encounters don't tend to be particularly long or complex in the game so usually better to just start over from scratch using what you learned from the first try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

131 shrines down, 100 light roots. I also completed the geoglyphs. 120 hours in. I can smell the ending.

I think I'll go back to the gerudo area and finish that.

All shrines and lightroots done.There was 1 root that was an absolute b!tch to find. Had to take the map section by section and look slowly for dark spots. You get a medal when you light the last one. 🥹

For about last 3/4 days my sensor set to bomb flower in the Depths. Have over 300 now. Also took a run back to Goron to the woman who buys ores x 10. Have 13000 rupees. Not sure what to spend them on. Will work my way through the side quests now then fight Ganondorf. Really dont want it to end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can't remember the name of the rupee armour but if you wear that for the goron at bedrock bistro he buys "ripened" flint off your for 1,000 every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Heading into the Goran city regional phenomenon yesterday. This will be the only open world game I play this year. It's a lovely game to chill in. Watched a "things you shouldn't miss when you're starting" video, and I feel a bit dirty now. 🤣 But it's good to know there are shortcuts to make things more fun.

🤯 Damn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just finished the fourth temple.

There's a lot more to this game isn't there... I'm not where near the end like I thought I was.

• Advertisement

I completed the ‘next bit’ of the main quest after the fourth temple last night. It’s a decent additional chunk of game for sure, but you’re definitely still relatively near the end.

Well I've also got shrines, light roots and side quests to mop up (about 15 each). I'm guessing this won't be finished by the time I've holidays next week!

Some great side quests / adventures. Really enjoyed the run of quests that ends up getting the sun pumpkins added to the shop in hateno village. Using them to cook up some food for gloom recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Regarding the side quests, I've done what feels like a fair few of them, but I am always seeing references to ones I haven't done, like the post above.

Feels like its very easy to miss some, just by not visiting the right part of the map or realising you must talk to a certain person.

Are people just looking up online guides on how to start side quests etc.? Particularly when nearing the end of main quests its hard to know where to go/what to do. Dislike the online guides as they can spoil a lot but not really seeing an alternative to finding all the quests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I havent really looked at anything online but will be when Ive done the main quests yeah. You can miss a side quest just by not talking to someone in a stable. With the depths and the sky, my time on the ground has been limited. So much more to explore.

At the moment Im just talking to people. Especially groups of people. Lucky dip. I'll reach a point soon where they dry up or Im not looking in the right place. Towards the end of BOTW when that happened I Iooked up a list of all side quests and used it to get them started but no further. A few spoilers for sure but I didn't want to miss out. If theres a better way Id be interested to know also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

+1 on all of that, I thought I had cleaned out all the side quests in Hateno village

I'd go around talking to everyone but you will miss a few. Sometimes it's talk to someone at a time of day or you just don't pick up on a clue from a NPC. I've planning to use a guide to mop up remaining quests when I get closer to the end game.

Yes good point. Time of day is a big one. During the quests also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There are also the unofficial side quests as well where they don't show up in your log but still involves a bit of work like the Talking to Voe class in Gerudo Town.

Then some side quests/adventures only become available after you complete others.

As for the roots, don't know how often I referred to them as Lightning Seeds.

Advertisement